News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reuben03

is this literally it,

is this all we're getting next year

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

SidB

Quote from: Reuben03 on November 08, 2021, 12:55:44 PM
is this literally it,

Don't worry, more reveals on the 11th/ 12th.

suspsy

is this literally it,

Of course not. CollectA always spaces out their reveals over the course of November.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

is this literally it,

Apologies if by me posting information on a store selling these when released caused any concerns for these three being the only 2022 prehistoric CollectA figures. I can see why it caused some confusion as you would think the store wouldn't list these until all have been revealed.

suspsy

More images of the Spinosaurus. The hands are indeed positioned like a dog's. I'm guessing CollectA is sticking with the old notion that the animal was quadrupedal on land. It's disappointing, but not enough to make me not like the toy.

https://www.facebook.com/97619362480/posts/10158612803962481/?d=n

Bread

Love it! Even with the front limbs looking like its performing a doggie paddle, it looks like a promising Spinosaurus.

I think CollectA did this on purpose. If the front limbs were more tucked under, the animal would be laying on its chin or under jaw.

Reuben03

Quote from: Bread on November 08, 2021, 01:20:23 PM
is this literally it,

Apologies if by me posting information on a store selling these when released caused any concerns for these three being the only 2022 prehistoric CollectA figures. I can see why it caused some confusion as you would think the store wouldn't list these until all have been revealed.

oh dw! so we are getting more? not just these 3? are we getting minis anything?

Bread

Quote from: Reuben03 on November 08, 2021, 04:22:41 PM
is this literally it,

November 11th or November 12th for more reveals. As stated by avatar_suspsy @suspsy, CollectA spread out their reveals throughout November.

Reuben03

Quote from: Bread on November 08, 2021, 04:38:07 PM
Quote from: Reuben03 on November 08, 2021, 04:22:41 PM
is this literally it,

November 11th or November 12th for more reveals. As stated by avatar_suspsy @suspsy, CollectA spread out their reveals throughout November.
oh thank goodness lol

stargatedalek

The wrists look pronated at a glance, but I think that's actually the entire arms being held at a weird angle?

suspsy

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 08, 2021, 07:18:55 PM
The wrists look pronated at a glance, but I think that's actually the entire arms being held at a weird angle?

Maybe? Guess we won't be able to tell for sure until the toy comes out.

Paleodude

I kind of dig the weird Paraceratherium hair patches. Reminds me of shedding Bactrian camels. Slightly disappointing that we're getting another Pteranodon and Spinosaurus so soon, but I don't mind as much as long as the next reveals are of similar quality.

SidB

Quote from: Paleodude on November 08, 2021, 08:23:30 PM
I kind of dig the weird Paraceratherium hair patches. Reminds me of shedding Bactrian camels. Slightly disappointing that we're getting another Pteranodon and Spinosaurus so soon, but I don't mind as much as long as the next reveals are of similar quality.
Yes, the Bactrian camel image popped into my mind too. I'm not put off by it.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Despite the broken wrists (I wonder if there's a way to correct that with hot water?) I really like the Spinosaurus, I will be getting it to replace my Safari Ltd 2019 Spinosaurus and my PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus.
The Paraceratherium is a nice interesting figure and I will be getting that one too, it looks to be to scale with my 3d printed Aceratherium. I will be keeping the huge IToy version as well.
I'm not getting their 2021 Pteranodon because I prefer the smaller Safari Ltd one, but I will get this 2022 one to replace my Bullyland Pteranodon sternbergi as well.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Sim

I saw a larger image of the CollectA Pteranodon sternbergi and I noticed there's a small gap between the cheek, throat pouch and beak.  I hope that isn't present on the final figure, it spoils the figure when it has a gap you can see through.  The Papo Ceratosaurus has it and it's quite disappointing.

Faelrin

Gonna need more angles on those Spinosaurus wrists. Not really sure if they are pronated or not, which I think would be rather odd for CollectA to get wrong at this point in time.

Anyways I saw an ad or post on instagram from CollectA calling the Paraceratherium a Deluxe 1:20 scale figure, which is strange, as the much larger I-Toy one is roughly so. Plugging the dimensions of this and the animal in a scale calculator puts this one around the 1:30-1:35 range, which I think is a really decent size still, but again too small to be 1:20 like the I-Toy one.

And while I'm far too familiar with CollectA always doing that (advertising something in a scale it isn't in), I wish they would stop doing this as it is misleading. Would be better to just sell it in the Deluxe range with no scale.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on November 09, 2021, 03:35:13 PM
Gonna need more angles on those Spinosaurus wrists. Not really sure if they are pronated or not, which I think would be rather odd for CollectA to get wrong at this point in time.

Anyways I saw an ad or post on instagram from CollectA calling the Paraceratherium a Deluxe 1:20 scale figure, which is strange, as the much larger I-Toy one is roughly so. Plugging the dimensions of this and the animal in a scale calculator puts this one around the 1:30-1:35 range, which I think is a really decent size still, but again too small to be 1:20 like the I-Toy one.

And while I'm far too familiar with CollectA always doing that (advertising something in a scale it isn't in), I wish they would stop doing this as it is misleading. Would be better to just sell it in the Deluxe range with no scale.
Yes, a rough, quick estimate on my part gave a 1/34 for the Paraceratherium. For me, this will group it with my 1/35-1/40 collection of Cenozoic  mammals, not the 1/20ish one.  I wish that it wasn't necessary to display them this way, but since I am concerned with similarity of scale, give or take, there's no other "cure in a can."

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I do find it annoying the insist on calling of the Cenozoic and Paleozoic animals 1:20 scale and dinosaurs 1:40 scale when they are nowhere near.

That said with CollectA calling their 1:35 scale Paraceratherium 1:20 scale, whilst IToy call their 1:20 scale Paraceratherium 1:35 scale which is ironic, but if you have both it evens out I suppose.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

I don't pay any attention to the scales that CollectA assigns its toys.

SidB

It is peculiar that CollectA persists in this designation of scales , when they obviously have little or no intention to abide by it!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: