News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo new for 2022

Started by Takama, November 10, 2021, 04:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Theriz on January 04, 2022, 11:56:14 PM
Quote from: Szajmin on November 30, 2021, 06:45:41 PM

Chilesaurus was cool in my opinion, i bought one

But Stygimoloch... after seeing in hand reviews i decided not to buy it.

I've actually seen the Stygimoloch in hand, and it's not for everyone. It is tiny, and at the store I was in it cost 17 US dollars.
A bit late, but I thought that I'd throw these pictures into the ring, so to speak, for anyone who wanted to see the Papo Stygimoloch alongside their old Pachycephalosaurus and the new PNSO Pachy. Colorwise, it's not a bad fit:

Shonisaurus

I've actually seen the Stygimoloch in hand, and it's not for everyone. It is tiny, and at the store I was in it cost 17 US dollars.

I honestly like Papo's stygimoloch. In my case it is a good figure although not excessively bright but it has in its favor that it is superior to its pachycephalosaurus counterpart of the same brand made almost twenty years ago. His sculpture is much more elegant and more careful, Papo's pachycephalosaurus is much coarser in its sculpture, in short it is a less finished toy.

GiganotosaurusFan

Any news on this tragically dead company?
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on February 12, 2022, 04:42:44 AM
> Dead Company

> About seven more new reveals for this year than Safari
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Renecito

Papo is more than just prehistoric animals.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Gwangi

Quote from: Renecito on February 12, 2022, 02:15:20 PM

Thank you! They have a great lineup of extant animals, species other companies seldom tackle.

They did have a good collection of fictional creatures.myths and monsters too.  I usually check to see what's there every year.

Theriz

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 07, 2022, 09:43:42 AM

I honestly like Papo's stygimoloch. In my case it is a good figure although not excessively bright but it has in its favor that it is superior to its pachycephalosaurus counterpart of the same brand made almost twenty years ago. His sculpture is much more elegant and more careful, Papo's pachycephalosaurus is much coarser in its sculpture, in short it is a less finished toy.

Even though the tone might not sound like it, I do actually like the Stygimoloch. It's my favorite Pachycephalosaur (minus the tragically dubious Dracorex. May he forever live on in my heart). The price was just a bit much for me, and even with that considered I still almost got it. (Got the Brown Running Rex instead.)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on February 12, 2022, 02:29:39 PM

Thank you! They have a great lineup of extant animals, species other companies seldom tackle.

They did have a good collection of fictional creatures.myths and monsters too.  I usually check to see what's there every year.

Same. Though it's been a bit since I found something as nice as their early work.

Gwangi

Quote from: Gwangi on February 12, 2022, 02:29:39 PM

This is bizarre. That second sentence isn't mine, I only commented on the extant animals. How did this happen?

BlueKrono

::puts on thinking cap::

They should make... the prehistoric turtle Pappochelys! They'd sell a boatload!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

GiganotosaurusFan

Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Ivántirrophus

Papo has announced only the protoceratops and styracosaurus in its website. Was mosasaurus cancelled? what about kronosaurus?  :( :-\

CityRaptor

Given that we never saw Kronosaurus,  it might have been just a rumor. Also the Protoceratops apparently does not have a movable jaw.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

In a store in my nation Alcaiceira, the mosasaurus appears for sale, it may be a limited version by Papo or rather a special edition like his spinosaurus, but on the other hand it does not appear in his 2022 catalog.

It may be an exclusive figure and like the Papo spinosaurus that we know, it may be marketed in December of this year.

Duna

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 20, 2022, 12:44:02 AM
Given that we never saw Kronosaurus,  it might have been just a rumor. Also the Protoceratops apparently does not have a movable jaw.
As shonisaurus has said, in Alcaiceria shop the Kronosaurus is on presale (although with the mistaken name of Protoceratops) at 32€ and expected in December.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna Yes, but in this case it's not Kronosaurus, it's Mosasaurus. The kronosaurus seems to be just a rumour.

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 20, 2022, 02:24:09 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna Yes, but in this case it's not Kronosaurus, it's Mosasaurus. The kronosaurus seems to be just a rumour.
Oh, yes, my mistake, I was thinking in Mosasaurus. I never thought at all there would be a kronosaurus, there wasn't any source of that.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Duna on February 20, 2022, 02:45:46 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 20, 2022, 02:24:09 PM
Oh, yes, my mistake, I was thinking in Mosasaurus. I never thought at all there would be a kronosaurus, there wasn't any source of that.

avatar_Duna @DunaDon't worry, I have only corrected it and with a lot of pain since I would like a kronosaurus from Papo, the one from PNSO is fantastic and the one from Safari to give two examples, but a good, super-detailed and large kronosaurus would be extremely interesting it is his spinosaurus in its limited version by Papo even if it was not 100 percent or 90 percent totally scientific. The kronosaurus was discussed in its day and it was unfortunately a rumour. I am the first member of the DTF to have lapses or forgetfulness.. :)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I'm trying to decide how interested I am in the Mosasaurus. Are there any major issues with it? I know the dorsal fin and the soft tissue "eyebrows" may be speculative, but if that's it I might end up getting this one.

RobinGoodfellow

On the german web-shop Spielzeug-Guenstig , Papo Mosasaurus 55088 and Papo Kronosaurus 55089 are both expected for December 2022.
Yet no picture available for the second..
:)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: