News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo new for 2022

Started by Takama, November 10, 2021, 04:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Duna on February 20, 2022, 02:45:46 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 20, 2022, 02:24:09 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna Yes, but in this case it's not Kronosaurus, it's Mosasaurus. The kronosaurus seems to be just a rumour.
Oh, yes, my mistake, I was thinking in Mosasaurus. I never thought at all there would be a kronosaurus, there wasn't any source of that.

In addition to what RobinGoodfellow has just mentioned, Minizoo listed the Kronosaurus on their website:

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 08, 2021, 06:10:41 AM
Minizoo's slowly compiling their various new for 2022 pages and it looks like they're still expecting a Kronosaurus...

https://www.minizoo.com.au/papo/papo-2022/

https://www.minizoo.com.au/papo-kronosaurus/

Flaffy

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on February 28, 2022, 03:37:02 AM
I'm trying to decide how interested I am in the Mosasaurus. Are there any major issues with it? I know the dorsal fin and the soft tissue "eyebrows" may be speculative, but if that's it I might end up getting this one.
avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Presence of pterygoid teeth remains to be seen.

Flippers are the wrong shape, and a case could be made against the individual digits being visible.

Scapula position and shape might be off? Awaiting in-hand pics and reviews. But just judging from the promo pics, it looks like the sculptor applied a dinosaurian scapula onto a mosasaur.

Ligamentous tissue supporting the tail fin most likely would've been covered in skin in-life. Rather than exposed like a fish. The Papo Limited Edition Spinosaurus also has the same issue on its tail fin.

Hard to tell from photos, but I highly doubt it has the correct proportions for Mosasaurus proper, probably only good enough for a generic mosasaur. Neck is most likely too long and flexible as well. Not sure why Papo felt the need to make the neck stnad out so much from the body.

There's currently no evidence for the large scales seen dotted all across Papo's Mosasaurus.

Reconstruction bears a striking resemblance to how Dmitry Bogdanov rescontructs their mosasaurs (especially how the head is restored with bulging ridges of soft tissue surrounding the eye).

CarnotaurusKing

When will the mosasaur be available?

Mattyonyx

We got some pictures of the Styracosaurus repaint, thanks to a friend of mine. It's on sale in a museum shop.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbfoIo3KI7f/?utm_medium=copy_link

Carnoking

Already looks like a third or fourth run  :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

japfeif

Does anyone know, has the baby Smilodon from 2021 EVER been released? Or has it been shelved?

Duna

Quote from: japfeif on March 24, 2022, 09:46:24 PM
Does anyone know, has the baby Smilodon from 2021 EVER been released? Or has it been shelved?
Oh, yes, avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar has just got it: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7102.msg316029#msg316029

SpartanSquat

Its me or looks brighter than catalogue photos?

DragonRider02

I received Papo 2022 catalogue yesterday, and I noticed that the Mosasaurus is completely absent from it. Only Styracosaurus and Protoceratops are featured.

The only thing alluding to Mosasaurus' excistence is this graphic illustration at the beggining of the Prechistoric section:

There's also no indication (the little articulated jaw graphic picture) of Protoceratops having articulated jaw, for those who hoped that it might look better with closed mouth.

Shonisaurus

I am almost certain that the mosasaurus is going to be marketed, there are photos of said figure, which you don't know when this year or the next or at the end of this year in a special version. I am sure that the mosasaurus Papo exists and will be the star figure of Papo.

Ivántirrophus

Papo spinosaurus was not as limited as we tought  ;D

GojiraGuy1954

When is the Spino gonna be retired lol
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

Expectation:

Quote from: suspsyWords can hardly describe how relieved I am to no longer be a collector of Papo products. But to all those who do desire this Spinosaurus, I wish nothing but the best of luck.

Sounds like it'll be needed. :-\

V.S.

Reality:

Quote from: DragonRider02 on May 12, 2022, 10:42:47 AM
I received Papo 2022 catalogue yesterday

SpartanSquat

Strange they removed it, In the website the mosa is also removed. Im thinking it will be a  limited edition or moved for next year.

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtu.be/CRuDj5RS3LA
2022 Papo Styracosaurus repaint review from Andy's Dinosaur Reviews. In my opinion, the old paint scheme was better than this new one.

GojiraGuy1954

I had a dream last night that I had 2 new papo pterosaur figures of Tethydraco and Istiodactylus

The Tethydraco was in a similar pose to the CollectA geosternbergia and it had blue gannet-like face patterns on the head, a large dark blue patch on the back, with yellow scales on the legs but most of it was varying tones of grey and white

The Istiodactylus was in a flapping position like their Dimorphodon with one foot raised off the ground like the cerato, and it was mostly brown, similar to that unnamed Pterosaur from Episode 3 of PrePlanet, with a beak that slowly transitioned from gray to black at the tip, as well as yellow eyes, and the small (yet painted) teeth at the front of the beak

I didnt know where else to post this so its going here ig we dont get a lot of traffic here anymore since it was such a lacklustre year for this company

CarnotaurusKing

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 an Istiodactylus figure would be nice. Funny enough, I had a dream in 2019 (I believe) where I saw a Papo Borealopelta (that was maroon-coloured) in a store. Because of that dream, I was hoping Papo would release a Borealopelta in 2020.

SidB

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on June 14, 2022, 03:23:21 PMhttps://youtu.be/CRuDj5RS3LA
2022 Papo Styracosaurus repaint review from Andy's Dinosaur Reviews. In my opinion, the old paint scheme was better than this new one.
I think that Andy nails it on his evaluation of this one - a considerable drop in the quality of paint application on this Styracosaurus compared to the older version, whose paint scheme I readily prefer. A pass.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on June 14, 2022, 11:31:23 PMavatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 an Istiodactylus figure would be nice. Funny enough, I had a dream in 2019 (I believe) where I saw a Papo Borealopelta (that was maroon-coloured) in a store. Because of that dream, I was hoping Papo would release a Borealopelta in 2020.
In my dream, a display case full of them spontaneously manifested in my bookshelf, which was for some reason completely without books.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: