News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo new for 2022

Started by Takama, November 10, 2021, 04:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Someone on the ATF had a Tenative list of everythinhg for 2022 from Papo includeing new prehistorics

They are

Protoceratops

Styracosaurus (repaint?)

Source

http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2900.msg30765;topicseen#new

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Shonisaurus

A protoceratops is a positive bet on Papo's part, I hope he can even outperform his Collecta counterpart.

When it comes to mosasaurus and kronosaurus I pray that they are not like your tylosaurus and plesiosaurus. They are pretty enough animals and with which Papo's brilliant company can take advantage of a lot to make "retro" figures of poor quality.

The repainted styracosaurus would be great, but if it's a new sculpture that emulates companies like Safari, Collecta or Schleich it would be great, at least a larger size Collecta-style re-sculpture would be welcome from me.

Good news, revelations. The news announcements are already moving and it is not just Collecta.

suspsy

That is definitely a better selection than this year's (which isn't really saying much). The Styracosaurus is totally a repaint, but the other three are intriguing. I just hope the sea creatures aren't like the Plesiosaurus and the Tylosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Interesting list. I am only interested in the Protoceratops, but hopefully it doesn't look like a "monster." Would go well with their Velociraptor if done right.

Why do companies continue to make Kronosaurus? There are a lot on the market and it would be really hard to top CollectA's and PNSO's.

Gwangi

Quote from: triceratops83 on November 10, 2021, 06:31:09 AM
Papo Mosasaurus

I would honestly love that. Lets get a whole series of sea monsters from medieval and renaissance maps.

Very curious about the Protoceratops. I hope this year is a triumphant return for Papo. It would be great to see them make a comeback.

DragonRider02

Honestly I am much more excited about next year's modern dinosaurs by Papo than prechistoric ones. They're the only company so far that realesed lots of common European birds in past few yers, like the Pheasant or this year's Robin and Grey Heron. And now they are making a Magpie-my favorite 'backyard' bird I always wanted figure of! I am super excited for it, as well as the Tit (even if turns out they just repainted the Robin sculpt), Hummingbird (there's suprising lack of humminbird figures in general) and African Sea Eagle. I really can't wait to see pictures of all of those!

Gwangi

Quote from: DragonRider02 on November 10, 2021, 01:32:51 PM
Honestly I am much more excited about next year's modern dinosaurs by Papo than prechistoric ones. They're the only company so far that realesed lots of common European birds in past few yers, like the Pheasant or this year's Robin and Grey Heron. And now they are making a Magpie-my favorite 'backyard' bird I always wanted figure of! I am super excited for it, as well as the Tit (even if turns out they just repainted the Robin sculpt), Hummingbird (there's suprising lack of humminbird figures in general) and African Sea Eagle. I really can't wait to see pictures of all of those!

I share this sentiment. I'm excited to see all the birds but particularly the spoonbill and hummingbird. Their recent gray heron and European robin were fantastic.

SidB

Quote from: Takama on November 10, 2021, 04:57:10 AM
Someone on the ATF had a Tenative list of everythinhg for 2022 from Papo includeing new prehistorics

They are

Protoceratops
Mosasaurus
Kronosaurus
Styracosaurus (repaint?)

Source

http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2900.msg30765;topicseen#new
It's reasonable to assume that the Styracosaurus is a repaint. But I've been surprised, year-by-year, as Papo has proceeded to repaint various dinosaurs from their past line-up, that they've by-passed the one figure that has MOST needed repainting - the Triceratops, whose coloration has historically received some quite uncomplimentary criticism, being compared to, ah, manure, so to speak.
I'm glad that I had mine repainted and with the results (see my repaint thread, if interested).

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on November 10, 2021, 12:57:58 PM

Very curious about the Protoceratops. I hope this year is a triumphant return for Papo. It would be great to see them make a comeback.

I am also curious about the Protoceratops. I prefer Wild Safari dinos, but Proto has been a favorite since childhood and I'm tempted to get the first one in a size that appeals to me LOL

Carnoking

Papo usually do a good job with ceratopsians even with their creative liberties. I'm interested to see how that shakes out. Wonder when they'll be revealed?

Patrx

I really like my CollectA Protoceratops, but it's also one of my favorite dinosaurs, so I'm curious to see what Papo's might look like.

PrimevalRaptor

Very interesting choice if it holds true. Excited for the Protoceratops since their ceratopsians are usually pretty good, bit more split on the Mosasaurus and Kronosaurus given their track record with marine reptiles...wouldn't be surprised if the Mosa is gonna be similar to the JW one, but we shall see.

Carnoking

On one hand, making a Jurassic World Mosasaurus seems moot given how Nanmu and W-Dragon have already created something in that regard. On the other hand, Papo does appeal to a different area of the market and would easily be more affordable than both, so I can see it.

GojiraGuy1954

I'd like a JW Mosa
I'd like an accurate Mosa

Just please dont make it like the Tylo
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Duna

Collecta Protoceratops is too large to fit in most collections, mine for example. I didn't even think of it because of the size. I would really love a small protoceratops.

MLMjp

Oddly enough, the ones that interest me the most are the Marine reptiles...

CityRaptor

Papo Mosasaurus

I'm thinking either Crystal Palace, Charles Knight/Zdenek Burian or Jurassic World.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 10, 2021, 11:30:49 PM
Papo Mosasaurus

I'm thinking either Crystal Palace, Charles Knight/Zdenek Burian or Jurassic World.

If they actually did that I would buy everyone of them.

terrorchicken

a figure line based on medieval bestiary depictions of animals would be AMAZING!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: