News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Definitely an improvement over our first look to this toy-line.

Colosal Giga looks good except for the unpainted claws... But I don't collect Colossal, so show me the standard one, please.

I really like the color scheme of the new Tyrannosaurus, but looks like Thrash'n Throw 2.0 (or 3.0) And that has it´s shortcomings, like being having a rather fragile construction due to the middle cut on the body, and because of that cut, it doesn't have a proper chest anymore, something the Epic Roarin and Stomp´n Escape fixed over the Thrash´n Throw and Bite´n Fight.

I like the Therizinosaurus, definitely inspired by Schleich, but much more pleasing to look at.

Dimetrodon and Atrociraptor turned out really good, specially the latter one, baby Nasuto is cute enough and I have more interest in knowing what is that big headed two fingered dinosaur rather than actually buying it.

I´m fine with my OG Legacy Malcom. I do agree on the Raptor feet being unnecessary large.

Dynomikegojira

I'm pretty sure it's the Lythronax that's been floated around even though it looks more like a Sinotyrannus to me personally.

suspsy

It would make a rather lousy Lythronax, but a much worse Sinotyrannus.

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Those new reveals are looking a lot better then the previous ones.  I'll still cherry pick, but unlike wave 1, I'm probably gonna pick something up from that wave. The baby Nasuto will probably look great with Bumpy and the Baby Brachio. The others are also looking fine even if not scienticially accurate, but not bad for the pricepoint.

Probably due to nostalgia, but if I pick up a scaly raptor, it will most likely be the Hammond Collection one ( assuming that once comes over here ), and not the Atrociraptor.  Sure, they all have big feet, but I'll take that over a figure that can't stand any time.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on February 15, 2022, 04:57:37 PM
New pics from Collect Jurassic:

Hammond Collection JP1 Velociraptor

Hammond Collection Ian Malcom

Man..that Raptor is hard to look at. I prefer my Battle Damage Blue and Delta and Charlie in that same sculpt.  Yeah it has big feet but the tail is better and overall just nicer done.   Malcolm's jacket is just too big? I felt that seeing him in the first pics. It just doesn't look right. They should just left it off.  Not that I really see a need for another Malcolm figure.   I'm sorry to say it but my initial misgivings with the line are just getting worse and worse.   I feel like Mattel just rushed this all out to appease..maybe Target?  Who told them no more AC line.

Flaffy

MLMjp

Well, would you look at that!

Juvenile Para is a bit meh, but the vehicle and Roland, not bad, not bad at all... :)

I hope El Corte Ingles eventually gets it in my country

CityRaptor

"The one with the big red horn. The pompadour. Elvis!"

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2022, 03:26:14 AM
Man..that Raptor is hard to look at. I prefer my Battle Damage Blue and Delta and Charlie in that same sculpt.  Yeah it has big feet but the tail is better and overall just nicer done. 
I got Battle Damage Blue ( still in box since she is from the Lockwood set ) but I'm pretty sure that is a different mold.

Malcolm's jacket is just too big? I felt that seeing him in the first pics. It just doesn't look right. They should just left it off. 

Could it be removable?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Carnoking

Nice to see Roland and another vehicle! The missiles remind me of the old Kenner stuff. Overall, pretty cool set!

Faelrin

Man this was a nice surprise to wake up to. Finally a Roland figure, and a TLW set in general. I mean they have done most of the characters from the original film at this point, save a few that would probably do better as SDCC sets or something. The vehicle is nice too. I guess this is our first look at the upcoming Dominion juvenile Parasaurolophus sculpt but I wish this one had more accurate paint to the ones in TLW (those eyes are yikes), but eh maybe that's what the 2019 Dino Rivals one and the Kenner one are for.

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Well that Hammond Collection raptor is a shrunk down version of the Amber Collection sculpt, so you might be right about this being rushed out.

Also not sure if you all saw but the Dominion Brachiosaurus popped up on Amazon last night for pre-order.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 16, 2022, 12:13:27 PM
"The one with the big red horn. The pompadour. Elvis!"

Man..that Raptor is hard to look at. I prefer my Battle Damage Blue and Delta and Charlie in that same sculpt.  Yeah it has big feet but the tail is better and overall just nicer done. 
I got Battle Damage Blue ( still in box since she is from the Lockwood set ) but I'm pretty sure that is a different mold.

Malcolm's jacket is just too big? I felt that seeing him in the first pics. It just doesn't look right. They should just left it off. 

Could it be removable?

The BD Blue sculpt was used for the walmart release ( I don't have the Lockwood set) and was repainted as Charlie and Delta..just no Echo.  It has good detail and decent articulation.  The feet certainly don't look THAT large.

I'm sure I could cut it off, but is it worth it?

Quote from: Faelrin on February 16, 2022, 04:04:24 PM
Man this was a nice surprise to wake up to. Finally a Roland figure, and a TLW set in general. I mean they have done most of the characters from the original film at this point, save a few that would probably do better as SDCC sets or something. The vehicle is nice too. I guess this is our first look at the upcoming Dominion juvenile Parasaurolophus sculpt but I wish this one had more accurate paint to the ones in TLW (those eyes are yikes), but eh maybe that's what the 2019 Dino Rivals one and the Kenner one are for.

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Well that Hammond Collection raptor is a shrunk down version of the Amber Collection sculpt, so you might be right about this being rushed out.

Also not sure if you all saw but the Dominion Brachiosaurus popped up on Amazon last night for pre-order.

Right, they shrunk parts of it lol

This new set is a mixed bag for sure.  I like the Roland figure, the vehicle is good ( not sure if it matches any particular one though? ) and the Para feels like the Basic 12" figure scaled down..maybe slight retooling?.  It look pretty cheap overall?

GojiraGuy1954

Some new stuff

And new images of the uncaged stuff we already knew about

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm I think a couple of those Matchbox sets might be reissues?

Trex masks and babies look good for what they are.

GojiraGuy1954

Seems like the images for the Smithsonian Amber Dig and Prehistoric Projector have mysteriously disappeared. Oh well.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

stargatedalek

Uncaged figures are super disappointing so far. Primal Pal Blue was so good, it was cute, but still looked like an actual baby. Indominus is more chibby than baby and the carno went full headlong down that route. Now these are too.

Faelrin

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon The Charlie and Delta you are thinking of are repaints of the 2019 Savage Strike Blue (the non jumping one). They are similar in sculpt however, but do have some minor differences among the two. The neck articulation (action features aside) is also different between the two, much more similar to the jumping raptor sculpt on the Savage Strike sculpt, but I think the Battle Damage one had the best implemented neck articulation, and way less limited.

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 A lot of things were revealed before their embargo dates from what I heard (such as those Dr. Pepper cans, and that board game that was put up on Walmart). Whole thing is a mess right now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pachyrhinosaurus

A Lost World set is a welcome surprise. Tembo and the vehicle look great! The parasaurolophus leaves a lot to be desired but I think it would look a lot better with the 1997 Kenner or upcoming Hammond collection ones.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Flaffy

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: