News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

The Quilmesaurus is confirmed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR0pT3jXJaf099E9-rYRtsWmaey3pmGUdXgvXb1m3sx2EjxIa3xfmeybERw&v=oWAg-NV_oQI&feature=youtu.be

Funny, that makes three Mattel dinosaurs (Callovosaurus and Moros being the other two) known only from leg bones.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Carnoking

I don't remember how many years were wasted on the Amber Collection, but whatever it was was too many.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 05, 2022, 05:21:19 PM

I love the expression on his face.
"Da heck you jus say fool?!"
Or something like that, I dont really keep up with modern slang.
In addition the scale work is phenomenal

Gwangi

Flaffy

The Ceratosaurus looks amazing! Funny how this toy is more accurate to the real life animal than both the film design and all previous Mattel iterations of the dinosaur.

The Gallimimus however... very disappointed that it has teeth.

Flaffy

Iguanodon

Liopleurodon

Megaraptor

Sinoceratops (that's gotta be the laziest Sinoceratops from Mattel ever, there's barely any paint!)

Flaffy

Pteranodon, Triceratops, Rajasaurus and Icthyovenator

Flaffy

I'm starting to wonder if Mattel ran out of budget in the paint department, cus man those are some of the laziest paint apps I've ever seen from Mattel.
You'd think they'd put more effort into a movie-year line.

And from this angle, it seems that they mixed up the sizes of Iguanodon's signature thumb claw & side knub? Very disappointing if that's the case. Was it really that hard to get the defining trait of one of the most famous dinosaurs correct. :-\

suspsy

It's a real shame the Liopleurodon is electronic; kids won't be able to play with it in the bathtub or swimming pool. Should have been a Massive Biter/Mega Destroyer instead.

Pliosaurking

Grant and that ceratosaurus are incredible
I like the rajasaurus and icthyovenator there paint apps are half decent
And Finally a pilosaur in the Jurassic world line and a pretty good one at that

Flaffy

Oof, these are rough. I like how Mattel's design sheets have references of everything from snakes, lizards, crocodiles & birds... Well, everything BUT the actual dinosaur they're sculpting. How does one just add an extra finger on a spinosaur?

GojiraGuy1954

I think we could move this back to the New For 2022 Subforum soon

suspsy

Quote from: Flaffy on May 05, 2022, 06:50:28 PM
Oof, these are rough. I like how Mattel's design sheets have references of everything from snakes, lizards, crocodiles & birds... Well, everything BUT the actual dinosaur they're sculpting. How does one just add an extra finger on a spinosaur?

These two are just plain repugnant. Anyone would assume they were by Chap Mei if you didn't inform them otherwise.

Carnoking

I actually don't hate the Ampleosaurus, Iguanodon, or Megaraptor... sure they've got some quirks but they're not without that Mattel charm. Some of these definitely are. The Siamosaurus and Icthyovenator are beyond goofy looking, right up there with the Sarcosuchus and Tanystropheus for me. Meanwhile the repaints  are okay. They don't bring anything that's a must have but they're not as egregious as some of Mattel's past paint jobs...

Gwangi

I love that Ampelosaurus, it looks like it came straight out of a William Stout painting, or Primal.  8)

The repainted Rajasaurus looks better than the current iteration so I'll be waiting for that one. That also might be the best Triceratops paintjob yet so I'll likely get that one too. The Lioplurodon looks cool and I'm all about that Megaraptor. The rest don't interest me but there's enough there for me to get excited about.

Flaffy

Well, there it is. Mattel's definitive JP3 Ceratosaurus. I'm very glad I only have the original Roarivores from 2018, and held off buying any further repaints.

Gwangi

Oh wow, that's the best Hammond Collection figure so far. Also glad I only ever got the 2018 toy.

Carnoking

Hammond Collection trike has an inbox photo. I don't care how big or small it is, the sculpt and paint look top notch!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: