News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 03, 2022, 04:50:37 PM
Is there any way to ID Captivs eggs like with the Mattel blind boxes? I want to get a couple of Pyroraptors but I don't want it to cost hundreds of dollars in blind eggs that I'd have to pray I can resell...

Not to my knowledge no. The best you can do is try weighing them with a electronic scale, and seeing which eggs are noticeably lighter/heavier than the others.
Lighter eggs usually means pterosaurs and theropods (or other bipeds); while heavier ones usually means ceratopsids, sauropods and other quadrupeds.

There's also ebay of course, and that's likely where I'll be going to acquire specific Captivz figures I want. I can't be arsed to purchase 10 of these eggs just to receive figures that I don't care for.

Carnoking

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 03, 2022, 04:50:37 PM
Is there any way to ID Captivs eggs like with the Mattel blind boxes? I want to get a couple of Pyroraptors but I don't want it to cost hundreds of dollars in blind eggs that I'd have to pray I can resell...

I haven't seen codes listed anywhere personally but I certainly understand your pain. Four out of six of my recent pulls have been repaints and it's been driving me up the wall!

Carnoking

It also might be worth waiting for the next wave if you're only after the pyroraptor. The standard release isn't listed on the checklist of this first wave, just the metallic red limited edition version so I think the more common version is yet to even go out.

Faelrin

Well good thing I saw that leaked sculpt ahead of time. It really set my expectations low. Again I hope they rectify this in the future with a Hammond Collection one as this just isn't film accurate with lacking the lips, wings, and has pronated wrists. Rest is close enough though.

Again it may have been designed early on before the Pyroraptor's design was fully finished (and the reason I think this could be the case is go back and look at the Oviraptor from the Prologue. Also missing wings and pronated wrists, aside that toy production is done earlier on, again see FK with the Pachyrhinosaurus, etc). If I see it I might pick up to tide me over until either I get my hands on the more accurate Takara Tomy one releases and if/when they do Pyroraptor for HC. Though I'm also waiting to see what the one from the set with Kayla will look like as far as paint apps go. The Dilophosaurus in the Claire set was absolutely decked out with paint, so I hope the one in that set is better (such as having the blue on the tail feathers).

The new abelisaur is one of those "pulled from Wikipedia" to add to the Indominus rex genome that was shown in FK, so I get why they might have made that one, other then just filling in the gaps of the previous small abelisaur assortment this year, which also saw Skorpiovenator and Rajasaurus get figures.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

stargatedalek

Quote from: Carnoking on May 03, 2022, 05:01:15 PM
It also might be worth waiting for the next wave if you're only after the pyroraptor. The standard release isn't listed on the checklist of this first wave, just the metallic red limited edition version so I think the more common version is yet to even go out.
I hope they change the packaging look for the next wave, impossible to know when things will even show up here so if they look identical I'd be outta luck.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 02, 2022, 02:49:19 PM
Best Giga so far in terms of design accuracy is the Captivs one.

I found one egg at walmart yesterday and luckily it was the metallic Giga, really highlights the details there. Also fyi, they finally decided to pack the slime in a different bag inside so no mess.
The egg above is the best way to get one of these three dinos.  It randomly contains larger figurines of either the Giga, Bary, and Pyro.  Good luck to all of you as I'll never see these in stores.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Flaffy

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 03, 2022, 05:48:27 PM

I found one egg at walmart yesterday and luckily it was the metallic Giga, really highlights the details there. Also fyi, they finally decided to pack the slime in a different bag inside so no mess.
The egg above is the best way to get these three dinos.  It contains larger figurines of just the Giga, Bary, and Pyro.  Good luck to all of you as I'll never see these in stores.

I thought that egg only gave you one out of the three "deluxe" figures?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Flaffy on May 03, 2022, 06:01:56 PM

The egg above is the best way to get these three dinos.  It contains larger figurines of just the Giga, Bary, and Pyro.  Good luck to all of you as I'll never see these in stores.

I thought that egg only gave you one out of the three "deluxe" figures?
Edited for clarity

stargatedalek

$50(+) for such a tiny figure and only 1 in 3 chances of getting it. This is appalling, to be completely honest. I'm reminded all over why this blind bag stuff is so unethical.

Looks like I'll be getting that Takara Pyro. Thank goodness that thing exists (and doesn't have the weird tail segments of their other dinosaurs).

Giganotosaurus

I hope we get a mainline Atrociraptor that isn't "Ferocious Pack" quality.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Camzilla94

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on May 03, 2022, 09:34:29 PM
I hope we get a mainline Atrociraptor that isn't "Ferocious Pack" quality.
Same here, their look is growing on me so I really want something that doesn't look like a $5 toy. That or better paint.

Cretaceous Crab

Am I the only one who has noticed the Baryonyx has what appears to be a prosthetic left arm? What the heck?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 03, 2022, 08:48:40 PM
$50(+) for such a tiny figure and only 1 in 3 chances of getting it. This is appalling, to be completely honest. I'm reminded all over why this blind bag stuff is so unethical.

Looks like I'll be getting that Takara Pyro. Thank goodness that thing exists (and doesn't have the weird tail segments of their other dinosaurs).
Where are you coming up with $50??

Nyrorosaurus

The egg above is the best way to get one of these three dinos.  It randomly contains larger figurines of either the Giga, Bary, and Pyro.  Good luck to all of you as I'll never see these in stores.
Are there any stores where mega eggs like this have been known to show up? I have no idea where to begin to look for this

Nyrorosaurus

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on May 03, 2022, 11:30:06 PM
Am I the only one who has noticed the Baryonyx has what appears to be a prosthetic left arm? What the heck?
Not sure if this counts as a spoiler, but it's based on something in the film:
Spoiler
[close]

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Nyrorosaurus on May 04, 2022, 04:08:22 AM

Are there any stores where mega eggs like this have been known to show up? I have no idea where to begin to look for this

I haven't ran across any yet.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 04, 2022, 02:00:20 AM

That's what the current big egg costs, assuming the Dominion one will be the same price.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 04, 2022, 04:58:53 AM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 04, 2022, 02:00:20 AM

That's what the current big egg costs, assuming the Dominion one will be the same price.
From what I read, the egg with the bigger figure is supposed to be like $15?  On Amazon UK it comes to about $21 USD.  And not exactly tiny.

stargatedalek

Huh, that is much cheaper! It does come with less useless side nonsense than the old egg, that's nice.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Faelrin on May 03, 2022, 01:17:34 AM
avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken The only ones I'm aware of made prior were in a rare Matchbox set that seemed to have been canceled in 2018, but showed up late in 2019 with a mini of the submersible from FK, and was in the Battle Damage 15 pack that released in 2018. There has not been a Mosasaurus mini in the line since, shockingly. I'll probably have to pick up the set here with it, because my collection can't be (near) species complete without it.

thanks! Oh I have the BD 15 figures set , the mosa there has alot less  paint detail then this new version so I guess I didn't recognize it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: