News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Would be better to have a comparison with one of the larger T.rex instead of the extreme chompin' to truly see if the figure is too small. Judging of those pictures..it still a bit larger than the extreme chompin', specially in the length department (it surpasses both the I.rex and Spinosaurus actually). It does look like it needs to be bit taller around the hip area though...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Best Giga so far in terms of design accuracy is the Captivs one.

I found one egg at walmart yesterday and luckily it was the metallic Giga, really highlights the details there. Also fyi, they finally decided to pack the slime in a different bag inside so no mess.

Cretaceous Crab

Check your target websites. I was able to pick up the legacy collection Ford Explorer set for 50% off when I purchase this online and pick up in the store. Apparently it was only good today.

terrorchicken

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin  avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy  thanks for the codes!

is the mosasaur from the mini playset new? I dont recall one being made for the LW FK blind bags.

Faelrin

avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken The only ones I'm aware of made prior were in a rare Matchbox set that seemed to have been canceled in 2018, but showed up late in 2019 with a mini of the submersible from FK, and was in the Battle Damage 15 pack that released in 2018. There has not been a Mosasaurus mini in the line since, shockingly. I'll probably have to pick up the set here with it, because my collection can't be (near) species complete without it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on May 03, 2022, 01:17:34 AM
avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken The only ones I'm aware of made prior were in a rare Matchbox set that seemed to have been canceled in 2018, but showed up late in 2019 with a mini of the submersible from FK, and was in the Battle Damage 15 pack that released in 2018. There has not been a Mosasaurus mini in the line since, shockingly. I'll probably have to pick up the set here with it, because my collection can't be (near) species complete without it.

I actually found one of the mosa/submersible sets and one only at Kohls back then.

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtu.be/X97e9vUeXIY 
A new dinosaur has been revealed forming part of the Extreme Damage Line; an Abelisaur, whose name is yet to be revealed. Carnotaurus, Majungasaurus, Rajasaurus, Skorpiovenator and now another one?! Mattel must really like Abelisaurs I guess.

Flaffy

I'm guessing that Abelisaur is the fabled Rugops! Hopefully it'll be part of the normal line too as I'm not a fan of permanent gaping wounds on my dinosaurs.

The sculpt for the Extreme Damage Pyroraptor is disappointing as always. Not even close to being screen accurate with the lack of wings. Easy pass.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Flaffy on May 03, 2022, 11:35:30 AM
I'm guessing that Abelisaur is the fabled Rugops! Hopefully it'll be part of the normal line too as I'm not a fan of permanent gaping wounds on my dinosaurs.

The sculpt for the Extreme Damage Pyroraptor is disappointing as always. Not even close to being screen accurate with the lack of wings. Easy pass.
Honestly, I wouldn't expect a screen accurate Pyroraptor from Mattel for a good long while.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

PrimevalRaptor

A shame those are the extreme damage ones, not too big on open wounds on my dinosaur models, also sad that the Pyroraptor doesn't have the proper wings but man, Mattel is singlehandedly increasing the abelisaur population here, Rugops would make sense for this one since it was a smaller animal.

Prehistory Resurrection

Just found a post from Collect Jurassic which says that the new Abelisaur is a Quilmesaurus, not a Rugops. Nice that Mattel is delivering us such obscure species.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on May 03, 2022, 02:01:05 PM
Just found a post from Collect Jurassic which says that the new Abelisaur is a Quilmesaurus, not a Rugops. Nice that Mattel is delivering us such obscure species.
lol its a femur
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Removed Therizinosaurus and Quetzalcoatlus from the "New Genera for 2022" section as Therizinosaurus has a previous unused prototype and Quetzalcoatlus has a previous figure from the Dino Rivals line.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Apparently the abelisaur is Quilmesaurus. A nomen dubium, sadly, based on just part of a leg.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Wow, Quilmesaurus, what an odd choice, even for Mattel. I like the look of it though, I'll pick one up. Hard pass on that Pyroraptor though.

That Ferocious Pack Dimetrodon has me thinking that I might not need the ED Dimetrodon after all.

Blade-of-the-Moon

will those actually make it here though? Still waiting on a Gasosaurus...

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 03, 2022, 03:21:08 PM

Oh man, I hope they will. Haven't even found the first wave at my always-so-reliable Walmart, and I'd be heckin upset if I missed out on any abelisaur

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 03, 2022, 03:21:08 PM

Yeah, you really never can tell.  ::)

stargatedalek

Is there any way to ID Captivs eggs like with the Mattel blind boxes? I want to get a couple of Pyroraptors but I don't want it to cost hundreds of dollars in blind eggs that I'd have to pray I can resell...

Flaffy

The choice of Quilmesaurus is an odd one, considering plenty of more complete abelisaurs are just ripe for the picking. But considering Mattel's track record of producing extremely obscure species (e.g. who would've thought we'd get a Chialingosaurus figure of all things?), it's not too surprising.

The sculpt is generic enough to represent any basal abelisaur for that matter. Moreover, I'm glad Mattel is giving this family of theropod some much needed attention. Impressively, they've managed to surpass CollectA at abelisaur diversity with 5 different species (6 if a Rugops is really coming):
- Carnotaurus
- Majungasaurus
- Skorpiovenator
- Rajasaurus
- Quilmesaurus
- Rugops (?)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: