News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Official reference thread for the Paposaurs.

Like all the other company threads, post your collections, or discuss anything regarding these creatures.

tanystropheus

Cool collection, but aren't Schleichosaurs and CollectAsaurs a far better representation of "prehistoric fantasy" than their Paposaur counterpart(s)?  ;)

Takama

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 17, 2012, 04:16:18 AM
Cool collection, but aren't Schleichosaurs and CollectAsaurs a far better representation of "prehistoric fantasy" than their Paposaur counterpart(s)?  ;)

I see CollectA as merly Cartoons. with some Scientific authenticity (like Dinosaur train)

Paposaurs on the other hand, i see them as a Epic world were everything fights for survival (and i plan on turning this idea into a book).  Plus I am not fond of people referring to them as Monsters. So i call them Prehistoric Fantasy creatures instead. (for some reason I play with them more whenever im Playing Skyrim,)

and Judgeing by Schleich's new dinosaurs, i say the same for them.

Takama

[what was the point of retireing the original Green Rex if the running one was going to be green?)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would guess because it's a different figure in the same green coloration.

The brown version of the perching Rex is a must have..it's not just a repaint, but a re-sculpt, re-tool,  even a  re-mold..the details are a TON better..much more like the prototype they first showed us.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 07, 2012, 04:45:30 AM

The brown version of the perching Rex is a must have..it's not just a repaint, but a re-sculpt, re-tool,  even a  re-mold..the details are a TON better..much more like the prototype they first showed us.

Still, they could of kept it green with the tweaks

ITewan

I have the Tyrannosaurus (Green), the Pachyrhinosaurus and the newer Velociraptor. Post pics later :)
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on June 07, 2012, 05:28:16 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 07, 2012, 04:45:30 AM

Still, they could of kept it green with the tweaks

Yeah but making it brown gives a further incentive to buy it. ;)

CityRaptor

Yes, that way the difference is far more obvious. Otherwise people might just see a green rex and pass it without further looking at it, thinking they already have it.

So far I have
T-Rex ( original green version )
Velociraptor ( original and repaint )
Triceratops
Pteranodon

Always wanted them, but did not start actually buying them till the ending last year, when I saw that the green T-Rex was soon to be replaced.

And I would have called it "Papo Prehistoric Pop Culture".
When I call them Monsters, it is in a good way. You know, the "something cool, but not realistic" way.

Anyways, how common is a little paint wear in new figures? Because when I got my original Raptors, they showed paint wear, but were still mint.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tanystropheus

The following pictures represent about 80% of my prehistoric collection (Paposaurs comprise a significant percentage of my overall collection). I also possess the Papo Smilodon, Tylosaurus, Nessie, Pteranodon and Styracosaurus but the figures are not represented below.

DinoLord

Am I the only one who wishes that Papo did a few more JP copies? Their figures are much better detailed than any of the official merchandise...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoLord on June 17, 2012, 03:37:43 PM
Am I the only one who wishes that Papo did a few more JP copies? Their figures are much better detailed than any of the official merchandise...

Not at all.  I wish they would do every JP animal at some point.

Sharptooth

As soon as i can i'll post my Paposaurs... Tried to take pics this morning but the light was meh and pics went even more meh, so i'll try again tomorrow  :P

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

CM

I'm expecting the note that my Brachiosaurus figure has shipped any day now.  The site I pre-ordered from says July, and they just received their re-order of the running Rex, so I hope to have it in hand within the next couple weeks.  Can't wait to see how big this guy is.

sauroid

Quote from: CM on July 03, 2012, 03:08:58 PM
I'm expecting the note that my Brachiosaurus figure has shipped any day now.  The site I pre-ordered from says July, and they just received their re-order of the running Rex, so I hope to have it in hand within the next couple weeks.  Can't wait to see how big this guy is.
please post pics as soon as you get it. ty
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CM

Is it weird that I don't own a camera? :)

Also, I'm not trying to say I'll have it before anyone else.  I was having trouble finding one to pre-order, so I e-mailed a site I was using for the running Rex, which they were out of but had on back-order, to see if they had an ETA, and they put it up for pre-order the next day.  They say they're expecting the Brach soon, and I made the probably erroneous assumption that it would be following fairly closely on the heels of their running Rex re-ship.  So, long story short ... I HOPE to have it soon-ish, but have no good reason to believe I'll have it any earlier than anyone else. :)  Sorry for all my bad wording.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CM on July 03, 2012, 04:23:29 PM
Is it weird that I don't own a camera? :)

Also, I'm not trying to say I'll have it before anyone else.  I was having trouble finding one to pre-order, so I e-mailed a site I was using for the running Rex, which they were out of but had on back-order, to see if they had an ETA, and they put it up for pre-order the next day.  They say they're expecting the Brach soon, and I made the probably erroneous assumption that it would be following fairly closely on the heels of their running Rex re-ship.  So, long story short ... I HOPE to have it soon-ish, but have no good reason to believe I'll have it any earlier than anyone else. :)  Sorry for all my bad wording.

Not at all..it took me forever to step up and buy a  cheap digital one...up until that point I just kept borrowing them...heh ;)

Eh, the Brachio I've read could ship anywhere between July and September..so who really knows ? We just make guesses based on what info there is. :)

JurassicJr

I'd also like to see Papo make more Jurassic Park inspired Dinosaurs especially a Gallimimus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: JurassicJr on July 09, 2012, 07:50:45 AM
I'd also like to see Papo make more Jurassic Park inspired Dinosaurs especially a Gallimimus.

Definitely would like to  see a ornithomimid by Papo of some sort.

CityRaptor

In that case Gallimimus would be perfect. Althought it probably would look odd next to my AAA Gallimimus...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: