News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Nice brachiosaurs. Is that Krang I see in the background? ;)

indy1936

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 18, 2012, 02:16:13 AM
Nice brachiosaurs. Is that Krang I see in the background? ;)

Yes! He is attempting to bring an army of Brachiosaurs back to Dimension X with him!   :D

Fukuiraptor

Thanks for the great pics!  This Brachio continues Papo's JP style  ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fukuiraptor on November 18, 2012, 03:04:56 AM
Thanks for the great pics!  This Brachio continues Papo's JP style  ::)

It's not 100% JP in design.  We picked it apart before. It's part JP, part Disney's Dinosaur with a bit of science tossed in as well if I recall. ;)

Jetoar

I think the same that you friend.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ikessauro

I was checking out the previous pages and notice no one posted the Brown running rex. So here's mine.

Jetoar

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 18, 2012, 04:56:51 PM
I was checking out the previous pages and notice no one posted the Brown running rex. So here's mine.

Is this T-Rex your?  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Jetoar on November 18, 2012, 05:30:28 PM
Is this T-Rex your?  ^-^

Yes, I've asked a fellow French collector to get it for me last year. I though that maybe it could become rare, so I decided not to take any chances.

Jetoar

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 18, 2012, 05:39:19 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on November 18, 2012, 05:30:28 PM
Is this T-Rex your?  ^-^

Yes, I've asked a fellow French collector to get it for me last year. I though that maybe it could become rare, so I decided not to take any chances.

You are a lucky man friend  ^-^.

suspsy

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 18, 2012, 04:56:51 PM

Looks like yours was painted better than mine (the hind claws are a mess). Doesn't stop me from loving Brown with all my heart. :)

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ammonites

Those eyes almost make it look like its possessed or something...  Not much of a fan of the horizontal position version since the head looks too much like the V-Rex from King Kong.

suspsy

How well does the Allosaurus stand? I'm planning on getting it for XMas, but I've heard rumours that it falls over easily.

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on November 22, 2012, 04:16:12 PM
How well does the Allosaurus stand? I'm planning on getting it for XMas, but I've heard rumours that it falls over easily.

It depends on your model.   Most of them stand Fine, but im not surprised if there are some that dont.

Get it for Xmas, Its a amazing model, one of the best allosaurs out there

Horridus

Mine still stands up fine on a level surface (after 3 years or so), but warpage means that it's very unstable. I keep it propped up next to a pole now, just in case.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

ajax

Mine also stands well after 3 years and I think its a great figure, Rumor has it their new Carno next year could be one of Papo's best.

Seijun

I didnt think it was known whether or not Papo was making a carno, I thought it was just on a lot of wishlists. But if they do make a carno, I hope they do not base it too closely on the Disney carnos. The Disney carnos were cool looking, but there are a lot of toys of them already. I would like to see papo use some more originality.

My Papo allo does not stand.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Haven't heard anything about a Carno from them..but it would be REALLY cool. 

The Allo is great very spiney looking..my favorite touches, I bought two one of mine stands fine the other doesn't and needs a small prop...doesn't detract from it much though. 

Jetoar

I would like to see a carno from Papo  or other archosaurs as Postosuchus for example. Papo, from my point of view, have more details than other companies  ^-^.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The level of detail in sculpt and paint is Papo's greatest feature, I mean imagine a piece without one or the other from them ?  If only other companies who produce the more scientifically accurate pieces would up to their level....we'd all be broke of course. ;D

suspsy

Ohhhh, I do hope the Papo Carnotaurus rumour turns out to be true!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: