News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

J

More obscure dinosaurs for Mojo Fun

Started by john2xtheman, December 03, 2012, 08:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What more obscure dinosaurs do you want to see from Mojo Fun?

Masiakasaurus knopfleri
25 (33.8%)
Tuojiangosaurus multispinus
13 (17.6%)
Aucasaurus garroidi
6 (8.1%)
Sinosauropteryx prima
15 (20.3%)
Heterodontosaurus tucki
11 (14.9%)
Guanlong wucaii
6 (8.1%)
Yutyrannus huali
19 (25.7%)
Argentinosaurus huinculensis
17 (23%)
Agustinia ligabuei
6 (8.1%)
Megalosaurus bucklandii
19 (25.7%)
Staurikosaurus pricei
7 (9.5%)
Megaraptor namunhuaiquii
11 (14.9%)
Megapnosaurus keyenaketae
11 (14.9%)
Austroraptor cabazai
6 (8.1%)
Kosmoceratops richardsoni
9 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Concavenator

Well, I chose the following (in order of preference):

1. Austroraptor cabazai: feathered dinosaurs always looks great and this one would cause sense.
2. Megaraptor namunhuaiquii: it's an unrealizable dream for me...but I'm really happy it appeared in the poll,so I voted it.
3. Sinosauropteryx prima: A really important yet overlooked animal.

I'm not a fan of Mojö. I think they have never released a good dinosaur figure yet, but their prehistoric mammals look decent. I'd like to see them tackle the species above, though. If someone releases a good model of those species, I'll buy them as fast as possible.

Disappointed Austroraptor has so few votes. :-\ It's an amazing dinosaur!

Yutyrannus

I picked Austroraptor and Yutyrannus. These two dinosaurs have never been made in figure form but they should've been a long time ago. I think that Mojo's excellent mammal figures this year mean that they can easily make detailed and accurate dinosaur figures if they really try to. In my opinion, Mojo is by far better than Collecta when it comes to prehistoric mammals.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Takama

James said that Dinosaurs are his weakness.  that's why I got his company involved with this forum.

DC

Argentinosaurus has good name recognition as the biggest dinosaur.
and I would consider Carnotaurus or Giganotosaurus as theropods have good public  exposure.  Both have been ob TV shows recently.  Theropods always sell well. 
How about Apatosaurus (Brontosaurus) most of the other companies have been ignoring it?
How about an armored dinosaur, Euplocephalus, it was once very popular but is now mostly ignored.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

tyrantqueen

Quote from: DC on January 14, 2014, 04:58:46 PM
Argentinosaurus has good name recognition as the biggest dinosaur.
and I would consider Carnotaurus or Giganotosaurus as theropods have good public  exposure.  Both have been ob TV shows recently.  Theropods always sell well. 
How about Apatosaurus (Brontosaurus) most of the other companies have been ignoring it?
How about an armored dinosaur, Euplocephalus, it was once very popular but is now mostly ignored.
If they did an Argentinosaurus, it would most likely be on the small side. Massive models might not be cost effective. CollectA released an Argentinosaurus, but it was even smaller than Carnegie's new Brachio (which a lot of people complained was too small anyway...)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sauropods should be HUGE !!!  ;D  or at least bigger than most other figures.. ;)

I really like the CollectA Argentinosaurus ..but I do wish it was a larger piece.

DC

maybe CollectA should have done a smaller scale Mapusaurus to go with the Argentinosaurus.  Any way all argentosaurs must have started small.  I agree if you cannot keep scale then at least keep a relative scale for same fauna.  i recall years ago seeing a post by a Miller collector admiting they were an adult befor ethey knew tyannosaurus and dimetrodon were not the same size.

Concavenator

From Mojo,I want to see:
Kosmoceratops
Austroraptor
Sinosauropteryx
Megaraptor
:)

Blade-of-the-Moon

It happens..some info like sizes may not have been as easily accessible as now.

Have Mojo mentioned anything at all about new dinos ?

DC

I will see them next month at toy fair they are supposed to be shipping the mammals this year.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2014, 06:14:48 PM

James told me that he will contact me or the forum about some projects that could give rise to 2015 dinos

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Takama on January 18, 2014, 02:13:14 AM

James told me that he will contact me or the forum about some projects that could give rise to 2015 dinos
Good to hear! :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool. At least they are listening then..I was a little concerned our attempts here were in vain.

Concavenator

Excited   :D
Would love to see some feathered dinos like sinocalliopteryx,austroraptor...

Hynerpeton

Heta

Megalosaurus

Megaraptor

Prob more
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Manatee

YUTYRANNUS HUALI ALL THE WAY! Plus, Argentinosaurus and Kosmoceratops.

suchomimus

Masiaka because kids love teeth. Megapno because the cool kids get papo dilopho while the classy kids get Mojo's this.

Artist Kyoht did a great job here, credits to her.

And the stegosaur. I see much potential from 2015's offer!

Also, I figured non-feathered theropods pictured with clapping hands and no dragging tails (see above) are the safest bet :)

CityRaptor

I don't think Mojo listens to us.  Look at their new offers, I don't see much potential there.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Rathalosaurus

I agree to you. Has anybody seen their Raptor?! That version of Velociraptor is anatomical crap!!!!!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

suchomimus

Sorry if that was misleading, I meant to say that to me only the new stegosaurus of 2015 had potential haha. And by potential I mean with some fine tuning, it might become quite a hit! Save the feet, it doesn't appear as bad as the rest imo.

But yeah, since they are firm on their take on feathers and pose and hands on raptors, I figured they should give it a rest. There is still hope for...for Basilosaurus, of which I think happens to match our polls.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: