News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

one of the best and impressive collections in the DTF
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

:D Thanks for all the nice comments!

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 27, 2013, 01:45:23 AM
Did you have those designs in mind when you commissioned Martin Garrett, or were they works of his creation? :)

Sometimes I have precise ideas for my Dinosaur figures & models. The colour schemes for these latest Ceratopsians & Ornithopods however come from Martin's imagination. I trust him. He always sends photos before finishing a model and is always willing to change anything in case I wouldn't like it (which has never been the case so far ;D).

Here are two more garrattized Ceratopsians standing on my DVD shelf :).

amargasaurus cazaui

It sounds like you and I do things quite similar Postie. I seldom choose the paint schemes, when I send Martin things, and just let him create. He always surprises me with something I did not expect that is pleasing. The pictures do give you the option to have a piece altered but I like you have loved each piece done for me. For my dollars it does not make alot of sense to purchase a figure, hire Martin to paint and bring it to life and then handicap his work with my own efforts to meddle.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

David Krentz 1:40 Tyrannosaurus rex before getting finished

sauroid

can't wait to see that T. rex fully painted.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

Quote from: sauroid on June 01, 2013, 04:05:29 PM
can't wait to see that T. rex fully painted.

It'll take a while ......., but not too long :).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D  Matt Manit 1:20 Iguanodon
                                                          I gratefully got it from ataraxus who also did the paintwork

I do like the mushrooms :)

tyrantqueen

The details are amazing  :o The base is fantastic too.

juju1305

This iguanodon looks fabulous. I'm stunned

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

radman

This is a truly beautiful model and display, great job by ataraxus.  I got an unpainted one a while back and built it up, but never realized the amazing amount of detail packed into it, so it is now moving up the ladder in my long "must-paint" list!  Congrats!

Libraraptor

postsaurischian

.......  ^-^ Thanks for the comments - love the Mannit Iguanodon!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  Paleocraft 1:20 Arsinoitherium (sculpted by Sean Cooper)

]

postsaurischian

:D   Finally that Ol' WWD Liopleurodon made it to my collection!

Everything_Dinosaur

Super pic, such a shame that the moulds are not readily available for production again.

Jetoar

I want this figure  :'(. I have been looking for it for ages. Congrats for this acquistion  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Simon

Congratulations, Postsaurichian!  Took 12 years, but you finally got it!!!  And it looks MINT, too.   ;D ;D ;D

Everything_Dinosaur

Great pictures, you really manage to capture so much detail, really good photography.

postsaurischian

:D Thanks for your comments!

^-^  A retro Iguanodon made of heavy metal from the National Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo

Seijun

Oh nice!! Where did you find that!?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Everything_Dinosaur

Nice figure, pleasing to see an Iguanodontid in what we refer to as "the traditional pose".

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: