News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 01, 2015, 02:58:52 PM
I sense that apart from yutyrannus, will be making the triceratops, some flying reptile (quetzalcoatlus?) And obviously a stegosaurus.

If they produce a Triceratops, it should be interesting, especially if we take a look at "Jolly"s colors.
They did mention a Quetzalcoatlus diorama - it is one of the more requested "dinosaurs" from Papo.
A lot of forum members have requested a definitive Stegosaurus from Carnegie or WS - it would be interesting if RBR ends up delivering the first true, definitive Stego
Regarding Ankylosaurus, I like Favorite's version the best.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Manatee on April 01, 2015, 11:32:22 AM
Looks like REBOR is sticking to their word...

Naturally, reactions on the Facebook page were primarily
QuoteThis shoule be real!

by the way it's really a shame that we've forgotten to add a minigun on his back, because awesomebro dinosaurs should have miniguns, otherwise it won't be 100% scientifically accurate right? ;)

Dear all fans and collectors, time to announce our next product, REBOR 1:35 Terribilisaurus germanus Museum Class Replica nickname "Magnificent"! Terribilis means "awesome" in Latin and germanus means "brother" or just "bro" for short, hence Terribilisaurus germanus can be translated as "Awesome Lizard, Bro!" however most people still prefer to address these ancient beasts as awesomebro dinosaurs. There is no denying it is the most scientifically accurate model we have created to date, absolutely museum quality, and the posture is so unique that you won't be able to see any resemblance to other dinosaur figurines in the market at all!
We really hope that you can enjoy this fabulous and well-researched museum quality, again, museum quality awesomebro dinosaur replica, it's an attitude smile emoticon
Thank you very much and until next time!

They seemed true to their word, and the timing is perfect!

It reminds me of NECA's spider gremlin figure.

http://www.modelzone.com/mangrasshopper/plog-content/images/model-kit-buildups/spider-gremlin/spg4.jpg

Dinomike

I actually found that quite amusing on its own. Too bad it is shadowed by the recent unnecessary events:(
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Manatee on April 01, 2015, 11:32:22 AM
Looks like REBOR is sticking to their word...

Naturally, reactions on the Facebook page were primarily
QuoteThis shoule be real!

This is just an april's fool joke. Didn't you catch it?

But anyway. It will be cool to see that thing in the Freak line. But it needs to have bigger wings, and of curse a sauropod neck.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Antares

well first off all im new to this forum, so hi

the reason i made an account is that i was absolutly shocked how arrogant the members of this forum are,
i totally do understand why rebor acted like that! i would do the same.
the only thing people where doing was crying and complaining about really everything, ive never seen a forum so negative and destructive about things like this forum

and what do you guys know of accuracy?? dont forget its the artist/ sculpture interpretation how the actual animal have looked like,
so give rebor a break man, their models are more accurate than most companies out there

also why should i boycott rebor?? i really dont care how they react( but i do understand why) i love their models and that how i judge them

im sorry for my bad english im from the Netherlands

Nebuloid

Quote from: Antares on April 01, 2015, 05:29:51 PM

the reason i made an account is that i was absolutly shocked how arrogant the members of this forum are,
the only thing people where doing was crying and complaining about really everything, ive never seen a forum so negative and destructive about things like this forum

and what do you guys know of accuracy?? dont forget its the artist/ sculpture interpretation how the actual animal have looked like,
so give rebor a break man, their models are more accurate than most companies out there

also why should i boycott rebor?? i really dont care how they react( but i do understand why) i love their models and that how i judge them

Welcome ! I'm from the Netherlands as well, and your english isn't bad, just the punctuation... ;)

Now about Rebor, I really like their figures ( I own two...). But ever since the beginning they were very loud and over-confident in their presentation on this forum. You never see Papo/Collecta/Safari boast this much or be so arrogant with their releases.
Now with Rebor's latest remarks I lost all interest in buying their figures, hope they make a public apology so I can once again enjoy their releases.
Cheers.

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Antares on April 01, 2015, 05:29:51 PM

Hi! Welcome to the forum  :)

Please don't paint all members with the same brush. There is no more excuse for the way some members acted more than others and Rebor is a member. The only difference is the rude members had nothing to lose whereas Rebor who is representing a company trying to sell models is going to be held to a higher standard and expected to behave proffesionally. It's not fair but that's part of business. Rebor should have just ignored rude comments. We manage apartments and it's the same way. Tenants can drive you crazy! But you handle it in a proffesional and kind manner. Anyways now that you've joined I hope you can find some friendlier threads :) Also I think boycotting Rebor is a little drastic. After all we've only heard from one representative and he hasn't had the chance to apologize yet. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road.

And thank you to the moderators for cleaning up ;).
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

DinoToyForum

The 'Terribilisaurus germanys' made me chuckle!

Patrx

I wonder if John Conway has seen it? If I recall correctly, he's the one who coined the term "awesomebro" to begin with; he might get a kick out if the name  ;D

MechaKnifehead

This forum in general didn't seen very welcoming to the "new kid on the block".  Or at least that's just the impression that I got as an outside observer.  Angrily nitpicking every aspect of every sculpt?  Really?  On the main site the Rebor King Rex has two stars.  That's bull, plain and simple.  It actually calls into question the legitimacy of this forum's members in general. People throwing childish fits because they called it a Y-Rex in order to give it wider appeal?  Do you mean they actually mean to...  GASP!  SELL their product?  Why that's a crime that I consider on equal footing with murder!  And of course those equal feet are just TOO LARGE!!!!

I love Wild Safari figures in general.  It's been my main dinosaur collection since they inexplicably soared in quality a little while back.  But some of the figures that Rebor is turning out are just plain beautiful.  The Ceratosaurus and Acro are two that I'm definitely down for.  For the record, I'm actually not a huge fan of the Y-Rex (ooooooo he swore!) and the King Rex.  I generally collect SA Kaiju figures, and it's rare for me to even want figures with no or little articulation.  The Rebor dinosaurs are a nice balance between science and art, and they look like they're only getting better.

As far as this idiotic situation goes, it seems like the Rebor rep just got sick of the constant criticism. I'm not surprised.  As an up and coming company, word of mouth and constant negativity can be damaging.  Fortunately for them they have the support of some of the more prolific youtube toy reviewers.  I hope the Rebor rep comes back after his ban.  And I'm hoping he handles situations like this with more finesse.   Unfortunately he does need to be held to a higher standard as a company representative.

I'm really looking forward to what else they have in store and for discussing this line with reasonable members of the forum.  As for insulting/defending Doug Watson's work it was an utter failure in both fronts.  The insults didn't hold much weight because he wasn't insulting the original prototype.  And the defense was just as weak because if you're defending a sculptor's work, you don't throw out the mass produced, factory painted low quality piece of rubber.  That's a terrible representation of said artist's work. 

Gwangi

I've always found it funny how these REBOR arguments tend to have new members crawling out of the woodwork to defend them and insult this community as a whole (not just offending members themselves, the entire forum). Where were all these new members prior? How come they never introduce themselves or share their collection? They just come to these REBOR threads and add fuel to the fire. Just seems odd. This doesn't happen with this sort of frequency on any other topic debated on this forum, It's always REBOR. Once the dust settles, they seem to disappear.

DinoToyForum

"On the main site the Rebor King Rex has two stars. That's bull, plain and simple.  It actually calls into question the legitimacy of this forum's members in general."

Just to note that the star rating on the dinotoyblog is open to all readers, not just dinotoyforum members. You can vote too, if you have not already, to help redress the balance.

All members are entitled to their opinion on this forum so long as they don't break any rules in the process of articulating it, so thank you for the comments about our community, it is important for us to know people feel this way. However, the snark really isn't welcome (rudeness is against the rules) so this is a formal warning to you. I hope both you and the other new contributor to this forum decide to stay and get to know us better :)

tanystropheus

The Spinophorosaurus also looks like an April Fool's joke and would make a good candidate for the 'awesomebro' category. I'm not a fan of the Bullyland version - it looks too zombie-ish  :)

stargatedalek

Well well well, new people jumping in to defend REBOR, again. I get the feeling this is a tactic they use often.
No offense to you guys, but this has happened before (several times), so please excuse my skepticism.

Megalosaurus

I don't defend REBOR's lasts comments. Insulting other artist work is a bad thing.
But I actually can see how rude have many members been with him/her. Many overcriticized their models for flaws that even Safari and CollectA keep doing.
I seriusly doub that REBOR comes back to announce their products in this forum, or even to get feedback. :(
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

MechaKnifehead

Honestly my perceived "snark" was no less than what Rebor has been receiving all along from senior members.  Entire videos to sarcastically point out that the feet are too big?  Really?  I should know since  apparently a Rebor spy.  FYI, I've been lurking since the WS Postosuchus days, and the main site got me back into dinosaur collecting.  I'm actually really surprised at how off putting this forum community can be.  But I suppose a formal warning is about as warm a welcome I could have expected, when I decided to defend a forum newbie who has been ganged up on.

It's just kind of in line with how things seem to work around here. 

tanystropheus

Quote from: Megalosaurus on April 01, 2015, 07:56:44 PM

But I actually can see how rude have many members been with him/her. Many overcriticized their models for flaws that even Safari and CollectA keep doing.

There is certainly an element of elitism that is difficult to ignore or even begin to describe, for that matter.  I have a feeling if dinosaur train toys were 100% accurate, most of the folks here would give their support...

TJ_Terrorsaur

Okay okay, look I'm not a moderator or anything but can we all just stop? Trying to tear out each others throats over a spat that happened a few days ago is just insane. We're all adults here and I think it's time we put our big boy/girl pants on and grow up. Please? I have been chased off of countless of forums likes these just because someone cried fowl and started a witch hunt / linch mob over somethings rather benine. I don't want that to happen with new members on here who like me and and a few others are defending a company who can't defend themselves at the moment. For all those who are boycotting Rebor, well good on you, that just means there shall be more Club Collections and Figures for the ones who still love and support Rebor.

Now....okay on to other on topic stuff.
I really hope Rebor decides to make the "Magnificent" an actual product. I'm a sucker for the Chaos Effect line and I've spent the better part of last year collecting the dinosaurs from it, and I think Rebor's Magnificent would make a great addition to it, especially if they gave it bright colors. :) My husband (who love Rebor just as much as I do) says he'd be willing to pay 150$ for Magnificent.

Manatee

This is just an april's fool joke. Didn't you catch it?

But anyway. It will be cool to see that thing in the Freak line. But it needs to have bigger wings, and of curse a sauropod neck.
Well, of course. Just thought it was funny and relevant, so I shared it here.

Gwangi

For the record, I was not the one who insinuated you were sent here by REBOR. I was just making a general observation regarding the influx of new members when REBOR debates come up. There have been many. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: