News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faras

Quote from: SRF on January 13, 2022, 01:43:27 PM
On the other hand, I feel the paint application on the 2021 releases is a bit more sloppy than on some of the 2020 releases, mainly when it comes to theropod teeth. Also the inside of the mouths is painted way better on their 2020 theropods (just compare Wilson and Andrea in that regard). I do find it very impressive though how fast PNSO is able to improve their sculpting of the skin details. I have the Triceratops and the Pachyrhinosaurus on the way, I'm looking forward to comparing the two. :)

Yeah paint on 2020 ones are generally closer to release images. Rumours say PNSO changed factory before Parasaurolophus release, wonder if they ditched 2020 factory cause details couldn't be improved ??? hmm imo releases between revival and Microraptor (different factory) has the best paint and worst sculpt. Anyways both the Triceratop and Pachyrhinosaurus have their own charms, congratz  :)

SRF

Quote from: Faras on January 13, 2022, 02:20:31 PM
Quote from: SRF on January 13, 2022, 01:43:27 PM
On the other hand, I feel the paint application on the 2021 releases is a bit more sloppy than on some of the 2020 releases, mainly when it comes to theropod teeth. Also the inside of the mouths is painted way better on their 2020 theropods (just compare Wilson and Andrea in that regard). I do find it very impressive though how fast PNSO is able to improve their sculpting of the skin details. I have the Triceratops and the Pachyrhinosaurus on the way, I'm looking forward to comparing the two. :)

Yeah paint on 2020 ones are generally closer to release images. Rumours say PNSO changed factory before Parasaurolophus release, wonder if they ditched 2020 factory cause details couldn't be improved ??? hmm imo releases between revival and Microraptor (different factory) has the best paint and worst sculpt. Anyways both the Triceratop and Pachyrhinosaurus have their own charms, congratz  :)

Thanks for that. :) Since you seem to have more knowledge on how PNSO operates than the most of us, do you if PNSO is planning on releasing more figures before the Chinese New Year, which is the 1st of February this year if I'm not mistaken? Or are they on a break again just like around this time last year?
But today, I'm just being father

Faras

Quote from: SRF on January 13, 2022, 02:25:26 PM
Thanks for that. :) Since you seem to have more knowledge on how PNSO operates than the most of us, do you if PNSO is planning on releasing more figures before the Chinese New Year, which is the 1st of February this year if I'm not mistaken? Or are they on a break again just like around this time last year?

:) Hmm I'm not sure tbh, atm there's new year sale till 15th so chance they'd surprise us on the last day of sale; most postal services in China either pause or charge 200% about 7-10 days before new year eve (sometimes earlier in remote areas), so if they wanna release more they'll have to do it before 20th.

First new figure after Chinese New Year should come out around 10-16th Feb when people get back to work :)

JohannesB

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 12, 2022, 10:46:40 PM
Quote from: Psittacoraptor on January 12, 2022, 08:53:11 PM
I was so focused on Wilson that I didn't even notice the customized Andrea when I posted the link. But wow, I agree with you all, she looks amazing!

Seems like the modifications are based on PNSO's art for the T-rex family (edit: sans lips, of course :P):

If only PNSO stuck to their concept art when they produce a model. We could have gotten a mass-produced Andrea that looks like the customized one.

I'm neutral on the lip debate, I'll take either, but I do find them a bit overdone on that custom Wilson. Such voluptuous, smoochy lips look a bit strange on a T-rex to me. I wonder what colour of lipstick he prefers? ;D That Andrea is a 10/10, though.
I'm pretty sure they're accurate

I'm pretty sure they're not ;-) (Just teasing..)

SenSx

If only PNSO could release that rumored Acrocanthosaurus before the Chinese new year...
It will take time before they announce anything else after that.

Antey

Quote from: Faras on January 13, 2022, 02:54:56 PM
Quote from: SRF on January 13, 2022, 02:25:26 PM

:) Hmm I'm not sure tbh, atm there's new year sale till 15th so chance they'd surprise us on the last day of sale; most postal services in China either pause or charge 200% about 7-10 days before new year eve (sometimes earlier in remote areas), so if they wanna release more they'll have to do it before 20th.

First new figure after Chinese New Year should come out around 10-16th Feb when people get back to work :)
That is, if I understand correctly this modest sale is the last before the Chinese New Year? Can you expect big discounts?

SRF

There is actually a global big sale going on at AliExpress right now which will also end tomorrow. PNSO's store participates in that sale as well.

Faras

Quote from: Antey on January 14, 2022, 06:48:28 AM
That is, if I understand correctly this modest sale is the last before the Chinese New Year? Can you expect big discounts?

Yep it's the last one. Discounts are decent, not as good as 6.18, 11.11 or 12.12 but bigger than regular monthly sales. Next sale will be launched around start of March.

Quote from: SRF on January 14, 2022, 08:25:31 AM
There is actually a global big sale going on at AliExpress right now which will also end tomorrow. PNSO's store participates in that sale as well.

Nice, so seems AliExpress has the same sales calendar as Taobao.  :)

Antey

Quote from: Faras on January 14, 2022, 10:01:28 AM
Quote from: Antey on January 14, 2022, 06:48:28 AM

Yep it's the last one. Discounts are decent, not as good as 6.18, 11.11 or 12.12 but bigger than regular monthly sales. Next sale will be launched around start of March.

Quote from: SRF on January 14, 2022, 08:25:31 AM

Nice, so seems AliExpress has the same sales calendar as Taobao.  :)
Thanks a lot! It's nice that there are collectors from China in the community. Unfortunately, the language barrier does not allow receiving operational information from China. Google translator does not work well with Chinese.

Faras

Quote from: Antey on January 14, 2022, 10:13:55 AM
Thanks a lot! It's nice that there are collectors from China in the community. Unfortunately, the language barrier does not allow receiving operational information from China. Google translator does not work well with Chinese.

It has been a pleasure :) hmm using multiple translator and comparing the results tend to make things more understandable, sometimes Chinese translators offer better Chinese -> English translation:

https://fanyi.baidu.com/
https://fanyi.youdao.com/
https://fanyi.qq.com/
https://fanyi.sogou.com/

But yeah in general it's awful indeed.

Sim

Quote from: SenSx on January 14, 2022, 01:31:20 AM
If only PNSO could release that rumored Acrocanthosaurus before the Chinese new year...

I agree!  I'm really hoping PNSO will release one of the three rumoured species that interest me, before the Chinese new year, either Acrocanthosaurus, Sinraptor or Styracosaurus.  Either that or Safari revealing their 2022 figures would be something to look forward to.

SidB

Quote from: Sim on January 14, 2022, 03:42:33 PM
Quote from: SenSx on January 14, 2022, 01:31:20 AM

I agree!  I'm really hoping PNSO will release one of the three rumoured species that interest me, before the Chinese new year, either Acrocanthosaurus, Sinraptor or Styracosaurus.  Either that or Safari revealing their 2022 figures would be something to look forward to.
Yes, the gap that will be left in PNSO's release schedule by Chinese New Year would be filled up in a most wonderful way if Safari could/would do their 2022 reveals at that time.

Halichoeres

Given how prolific PNSO has been over the last year and a half, the lunar new year is almost the only chance other companies have to get a word in edgewise!   :))
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Toasaurus

I'm hoping pnso makes more sauropods this year beside the amarga reprimand the mamenchisaurus remake we've had none we need more sauropod figures

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Toasaurus on January 17, 2022, 12:50:40 AM
I'm hoping pnso makes more sauropods this year beside the amarga reprimand the mamenchisaurus remake we've had none we need more sauropod figures
On that topic, I'd really like for them to do some prosauropods.

Bread

Quote from: Toasaurus on January 17, 2022, 12:50:40 AM
I was hoping for a Bajadasaurus as I think their Amargasaurus is pretty good, in terms of sculpt and coloration. Plus, CollectA's is the only one on the market and it is a little bland.

Speaking of sauropods, my only issue with these would be the cost of $60+.

Renecito

Anthony the Styracosaurus

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SRF

So 2022 really is going to be the year of the ceratopsians for PNSO it seems. This time it does have an articulated jaw. I think that's a choice so can up the price a bit even though it's still in their Prehistoric Animal Models line. It will probably cost as much as some of their theropods I guess. Smart move, since I like this one much better than their Centrosaurus to be honest. Will definitely get this one sooner or later.

EDIT: now I see it doesn't have an articulated jaw. It is in fact just a poster on which the animal has its mouth open.

Flaffy

Gosh darnit! PNSO had to reveal this when had already placed my order for the Battat version just days before. ;D

Very beautiful sculpt though. Interested to see PNSO's explanation for the non-traditional ornamentation on the lower frill.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: