News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

The Mastodonsaurus is a little gem.  I investigated this model myself, but gave up trying to make the website work.  I especially like your head shot with him half hidden in the foliage.  (And for that matter I love the brown/grey combination on the larger Bullyland repaint!)

postsaurischian

Quote from: paintingdinos on May 14, 2022, 04:24:41 PMOh I'm glad to see you got Bisa and Tori! Martin's workup looks fantastic as always, very faithful to the original artwork.

Thanks again for showing it! I'm soo happy with that figure :D .

Quote from: Duna on May 14, 2022, 06:35:26 PMVery nice Mastodonsaurus, Andrea94 is a very good sculptor. By the way, that base looks out of this world! It's so realistic.

Martin can do astonishing things :D and yes, andrea94 is indeed very talented.

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 14, 2022, 07:39:40 PMThe Mastodonsaurus is a little gem.  I investigated this model myself, but gave up trying to make the website work.  I especially like your head shot with him half hidden in the foliage.  (And for that matter I love the brown/grey combination on the larger Bullyland repaint!)

I also couldn't handle the website, so I sent andrea94 a PM which worked just fine.
 The Bullyland repaint by Noora is wonderful, I miss her on the forum and hope she's fine.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

Sen Sen ~ 1:20 Stegouros     

my little assortment of Sen Sen 1:20 smaller species models
                                                               Kentrosaurus   •    Stegouros   •    Hypsilophodon

RobinGoodfellow

It's wonderful to have you back on DTF with your top-notch thread  8)

ceratopsian

Absolutely - I have missed this thread so much!

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 15, 2022, 07:55:50 AMIt's wonderful to have you back on DTF with your top-notch thread  8)

postsaurischian

:)   Oh! Thank you! You're too kind ;D .
         I have some catching up to do, especially with PNSO's figures .....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

~ •    PNSO Dinosaurs Museum  1:35 Iguanodon & Tsintaosaurus    • ~

postsaurischian

:D

Eofauna Scientific Research 1:35 Konobelodon atticus
                                                                         made after specimen from Pestszentlörinc

I just love EOfauna's growing group of proboscideans. Can't wait to see what species is up next.

Libraraptor

At last this thread returns! Hope everything went well concerning your many projects.

Bread

Lovely photos! I really wish the Iguanodon and Tsintoasaurus weren't $60. They look spectacular!

SenSx

Quote from: Bread on May 16, 2022, 05:58:41 PMLovely photos! I really wish the Iguanodon and Tsintoasaurus weren't $60. They look spectacular!

Very good pictures indeed !
I really love that PNSO Iguanodon aesthetically, but I don't know if I can forget those accuracy issues, and I'm usually not too demanding on that.
But for that price...

Shonisaurus

Fantastic acquisitions, by the way the PNSO iguanodon looks like a repainting I have not appreciated those colors to its prototype in the prototype photos, on the other hand the tsintaosaurus is a complete beauty and the konobelodon is a clear example that Eofauna is for me the best company when making figures of prehistoric elephants. Magnificent photographs.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you all for the comments!

:D

Eofauna Scientific Research 1:40 Diplodocus carnegii
                                                                            largely based on the holotype (CM 84)

my four favourite Diplodocus figures / models
                                             Dan LoRusso                    •                    David Krentz                    •                    Sean Cooper

Concavenator

Stunning pictures, as always.

Quote from: SenSx on May 17, 2022, 12:03:00 AMI really love that PNSO Iguanodon aesthetically, but I don't know if I can forget those accuracy issues

Aside from the controversial head, what other "inaccuracies" it has?
I believe the head is fine too. While it's clearly not the usual Iguanodon head, they based it on a particular specimen (as portrayed by avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx right here):

Quote from: Mattyonyx on February 01, 2022, 07:15:39 PMThe specimen in the reference picture is pretty popular, here's another angle from an old postcard.

Apparently they talk about this in one of their videos. Also, worth mentioning is the fact the Iguanodon is the first PNSO ornithopod in reflecting the nuchal ligament proposed by Bertozzo et al. (2020).

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Eofauna Diplodocus is gorgeous but I still wish the Battat were obtainable for less than £400.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Jose S.M.

That Eofauna Diplodocus is a real beauty! And the proboscideans are algo amazing.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: Concavenator on May 20, 2022, 03:27:10 PM
Quote from: SenSx on May 17, 2022, 12:03:00 AMI really love that PNSO Iguanodon aesthetically, but I don't know if I can forget those accuracy issues

Aside from the controversial head, what other "inaccuracies" it has?
I believe the head is fine too. .......

To me Dinosaur figures are pieces of art. Sculpting is an art form.
 The artistic merit has always priority for me. Although this most often goes hand in hand with scientific accuracy :) .
 Both points of view had been observed to my entire satisfaction in the case of PNSO's Iguanodon.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 21, 2022, 01:39:54 AMThe Eofauna Diplodocus is gorgeous but I still wish the Battat were obtainable for less than £400.

I was lucky and got it from a forum member for about $100 a few years ago. Thanks to her again (in case she's still lurking)!

^-^

~ •    PNSO Dinosaurs Museum 1:35 Triceratops    • ~
                                                                                                   &
                                          PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.59 & 60
                                                                   ~ •    Styracosaurus & Centrosaurus    • ~

postsaurischian

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.57
                                                                                 ~ •    Tylosaurus    • ~
                                                                                                   &
                                                        ~ •    PNSO Dinosaurs Museum 1:35 Kronosaurus    • ~

postsaurischian

..... sorry folks, still more Scientific Art World of ZHAO Chuang & YANG Yang.

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.61
                                                                           ~ •    Acrocanthosaurus    • ~

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Ooh the Acrocanthosaurus looks gorgeous
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

KeU

What an epic PNSO run.
Congrats on all the fantastic additions.
Looks like I am swayed into getting the Acro.

ceratopsian

The Acrocanthosaurus looks very impressive.  Beautiful photos, as always.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: