News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abobo

Carnoking

Dang if that isn't gorgeous.

Pliosaurking

Welp I better start saving

Over9K

JohannesB

'Plastic fantastic' is my motto with dinosaur (and ship) models. So resin, no thank you, because for me, the extra quality and cost is not worth it. But I do understand the esthetic and structural benefits of the material, and it sure does look and feel 'premium', so I wish anyone who buys them much joy ^-^

Darko2300

So looking at the two Nanmu Spinosaurus figures - is it just me or does the 1.0 version look more like the Stan Winston animatronic than the 2.0? 🤔

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 21, 2022, 01:05:12 AMSo looking at the two Nanmu Spinosaurus figures - is it just me or does the 1.0 version look more like the Stan Winston animatronic than the 2.0? 🤔

Very possible, it has more of that "harsh" ? Detail the animatronic had. This one seems very nice, still need more angles on it..but it feels to be a bit more on the artistic license side.

Darko2300

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 21, 2022, 04:39:18 AM
Quote from: Darko2300 on May 21, 2022, 01:05:12 AMSo looking at the two Nanmu Spinosaurus figures - is it just me or does the 1.0 version look more like the Stan Winston animatronic than the 2.0? 🤔

Very possible, it has more of that "harsh" ? Detail the animatronic had. This one seems very nice, still need more angles on it..but it feels to be a bit more on the artistic license side.

I agree. I wanted to make a small sculpture of the Winston animatronic, but I need to be able to cut the legs off a figure for that to work. One of the Nanmu options seemed like the way to go. (I can't imagine trying to cut through the Prime 1 piece - that'd be a nightmare.)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 21, 2022, 02:31:36 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 21, 2022, 04:39:18 AM

I agree. I wanted to make a small sculpture of the Winston animatronic, but I need to be able to cut the legs off a figure for that to work. One of the Nanmu options seemed like the way to go. (I can't imagine trying to cut through the Prime 1 piece - that'd be a nightmare.)

You'd need a vise a very good grinding blade...quite thin and fine.  I think with heat and a really sharp blade the Nanmu would easiest.

dragon53

I also have the same question as Over9K----is the above photo the resin or plastic version?

Carnoking

The above photo is the Dragon Soul LE(?) Resin version. The earlier roaring version (both the movie and albino variant) are the standard PVC release.

dragon53

CARNOKING:

Thanks for clearing that up.
I hope Nanmu releases the new painted plastic version soon.

Sturisoma

Photo from nonamesaurus facebook.

Its... cute (?)  :))

Made a clown of myself and thought it would be as big as the colored figures. I think it would blend well with glass/swarovski figures.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on May 26, 2022, 02:22:52 AMPhoto from nonamesaurus facebook.

Its... cute (?)  :))

Made a clown of myself and thought it would be as big as the colored figures. I think it would blend well with glass/swarovski figures.

Nothing indicated it would be so small. As a reward for the damaged rearing Brach it's still a bit of a let down.

Carnoking

Yeah, I was expecting the full sized figure. Honestly, that might have been a bit much to put on display, but this is still a sorry excuse for a consolation ::) ::) ::)

Bread

Yep, agreed on how lame of a compromise to receive this. Did anyone actually get a refund due to the resin Brachiosaurus being damaged in transit?

need4swede

Imagine getting a car delivered with a crashed front-end and the OEM's response is to mail you a matching Hot Wheel / Matchbox to go with your broken car.

Adding insult to injury - hardly an improvement from a PR persective.
- Swede

Carnoking

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there really is a way to make that situation right. I love Nanmu but getting that broken brach really tainted my enthusiasm.

blnadal

Indominus 2.0? Rexy 2.0? Giganotosaurus?

Over9K

Quote from: blnadal on May 31, 2022, 06:57:07 PMIndominus 2.0? Rexy 2.0? Giganotosaurus?

I'm betting Dragon Soul Resin T.rex of some kind.

The Dragon Soul Spinosaurus has a similar base, with T.rex skull...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: