News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Well, looks like Nanmu is doing a Dominion Giga
https://www.instagram.com/p/CePoiA9LwfI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

suspsy

How painfully predictable and painfully boring.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Wish I could be excited about this one but I've never much cared for the design. Perhaps once I see it in action my mind will be changed

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool. I need a nice detailed, non Mattel one to go with my other Nanmu JP/JW replicas.

Over9K

Just so we have it here for future reference and those that don't Insta...

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 01, 2022, 04:18:12 AMCool. I need a nice detailed, non Mattel one to go with my other Nanmu JP/JW replicas.

I guess this is why their OG Giganotosaurus had such a short lifespan.

I wonder if they'll eventually replace the Allosaurus and the Ceratosaurus for more Jurassic-esque versions like they have the Giga and the Carnotaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on June 01, 2022, 07:36:22 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 01, 2022, 04:18:12 AMCool. I need a nice detailed, non Mattel one to go with my other Nanmu JP/JW replicas.

I guess this is why their OG Giganotosaurus had such a short lifespan.

I wonder if they'll eventually replace the Allosaurus and the Ceratosaurus for more Jurassic-esque versions like they have the Giga and the Carnotaurus.

I think it's about what sells the most. The original Giga did ok and it's a great piece but not based on a franchise that will help sell it. I think Mordred was a flop judging by what I've seen so far. This would probably turn their year around along with the Spino.

They might make more film accurate versions of those but the Allo is based on the JW game as I recall, the Cerato is pretty much the JP3 one but more realistic as that cg model was quickly tossed together and looked pretty bad from most angles.

Carnoking

There's also no competition from the likes of W-Dragon or Prime1 or Iron Studios at the moment, so if they push it out soon enough they'll have the added benefit of being the first to offer such a piece. Not to mention Nanmu is typically more affordable than all three, so I'm sure that will continue to help bolster their sales as well.

Carnoking

In hindsight, this doesn't feel like a banner year for Nanmu. Between the brachiosaurus debacle and supposed under-performance of Mordred, it seems the Paras have been the only true crowd pleasers of the year, and even then I'm sure they don't sell nearly as well as a rex, or spino, or whatever else.

The good news is, we still have a couple of carnos, spinos, and now gigas to look forward to. Hopefully the end of the year is a stronger showing for the company.

KeU

Nanmu is moving quickly as usual.
Their rendition seems more 'Giga like' compared to the actual Dominion design.
But it might just be me, since I hear they do use the actual 3D models from the film production.

Sturisoma

Quote from: Carnoking on June 01, 2022, 03:43:51 PMThere's also no competition from the likes of W-Dragon or Prime1 or Iron Studios at the moment, so if they push it out soon enough they'll have the added benefit of being the first to offer such a piece. Not to mention Nanmu is typically more affordable than all three, so I'm sure that will continue to help bolster their sales as well.

Prime 1 has already released a teaser for Giga as well.

However, Nanmu gives the best bang for buck. Definitely skipping P1 giga if Nanmu delivers well on their giga teasers. Also knowing P1's delayed releases, I'm willing to bet Nanmu will be the first to release giga.

I agree with you that Mordred was not a good release for Nanmu. I think it would have been better if they released a proper ultimasaurus, and a proper Zilla. I think also when they decided to make the fence in resin and limited, it was a wrong move. They should have made it in one solid piece PVC keeping in mind that collectors will buy not just 1 piece. The resin brachiosaurus sold out pretty quickly everywhere, but that fence is still available on lanatimeshop.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on June 02, 2022, 12:25:12 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on June 01, 2022, 03:43:51 PMThere's also no competition from the likes of W-Dragon or Prime1 or Iron Studios at the moment, so if they push it out soon enough they'll have the added benefit of being the first to offer such a piece. Not to mention Nanmu is typically more affordable than all three, so I'm sure that will continue to help bolster their sales as well.

Prime 1 has already released a teaser for Giga as well.

However, Nanmu gives the best bang for buck. Definitely skipping P1 giga if Nanmu delivers well on their giga teasers. Also knowing P1's delayed releases, I'm willing to bet Nanmu will be the first to release giga.

I agree with you that Mordred was not a good release for Nanmu. I think it would have been better if they released a proper ultimasaurus, and a proper Zilla. I think also when they decided to make the fence in resin and limited, it was a wrong move. They should have made it in one solid piece PVC keeping in mind that collectors will buy not just 1 piece. The resin brachiosaurus sold out pretty quickly everywhere, but that fence is still available on lanatimeshop.

Yeah P1's probably won't be out til early next year at the earliest..I preordered the Rex, Carno and Spino in that smaller scale last year, about a 100.00 ea and they had actual photos of a finished piece up for preorder then. I can see nanmu at least getting this out by December. If they keep up the same trend there will be a resin and PVC version.

Yeah that Brachio was a bit of a fiasco..then Mordred..I'm not sure who they were appealing to? Your right, give us a Godzilla figure and a true Ultimasaurus those I would have bought. The fence..sigh..it was more poplar than Mordred but they really messed it up. Should have been just pvd plastic for mass production.

Carnoking

Huh, I wonder how I missed that P-1 reveal. My bad!

Sturisoma

Is this the first time Nanmu released a colored print box, instead of the clean white box with greyscale print of the figure? The only differently colored box designs I remember are the Holstein triceratops box which has black and white cow pattern, and the limited edition V-rex box which has gold circles design.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on June 05, 2022, 03:24:38 PM

Is this the first time Nanmu released a colored print box, instead of the clean white box with greyscale print of the figure? The only differently colored box designs I remember are the Holstein triceratops box which has black and white cow pattern, and the limited edition V-rex box which has gold circles design.

Yeah it is I think? Maybe they are ditching the art cards?

I also noticed Nanmu specifically mentioned how well this one was selling..something I've not seen any evidence of in all the various groups I'm part of. Makes me wonder if they are creating some false hype because it and the fence isn't selling so well?

Darko2300

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 05, 2022, 04:01:19 PM
Quote from: Sturisoma on June 05, 2022, 03:24:38 PM

Yeah it is I think? Maybe they are ditching the art cards?

I also noticed Nanmu specifically mentioned how well this one was selling..something I've not seen any evidence of in all the various groups I'm part of. Makes me wonder if they are creating some false hype because it and the fence isn't selling so well?

😅

I had the exact same thought. There's no way this abomination is selling that well.

Shadowknight1

Eh, if I had the extra space, I'd probably buy it, I think it looks cool, but no space plus no articulated jaw(sorry, but I don't like my dinosaurs to be shouting all the time) is a no go for me.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Sturisoma

Oh no. I hope they don't stop making art cards. I don't recall any promo pics of art card and human figure for Mordred. I do like the mini-parasaurolophus they did though. Ranger 2.0 resin will have the scooter. Hope they make more of those mini-dinos if they stop making human figures, but if they would still make human figures, I'm wishing for a reclining Dr. Malcolm and an Atty. Gennaro on the toilet.  :))

need4swede

I don't dislike Mordred as much as some others on here. In fact, I quite like the design - but I also collect a lot of dragons, so it'll fit in with an existing collection of fantasy monsters. Why do ya'll dislike it so much? Is it because of how close it came to be a proper Ultimasaurus? I can see it drawing inspiration from it for sure - but I don't quite understand all the hate. 
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on June 06, 2022, 06:51:35 AMI don't dislike Mordred as much as some others on here. In fact, I quite like the design - but I also collect a lot of dragons, so it'll fit in with an existing collection of fantasy monsters. Why do ya'll dislike it so much? Is it because of how close it came to be a proper Ultimasaurus? I can see it drawing inspiration from it for sure - but I don't quite understand all the hate. 

Hate is a strong word. I'm more disappointed really. I've stated this same opinion before in this thread but basically wanting a proper Ultimasaurus is part of it.  They started off well and that was the inspiration, it even has the JP/JW base aspects..fence and track for the cars.  Then the draconic elements were added ( I love dragons btw) and it was too much of a deviation as you couldn't see the dinosaur traits hardly at all. Then they started copying the RIC Xplus figures by adding elements you can light up that already looked like GODZILLA spines.  The whole thing has a Monster Hunter vibe that's just seen too much of in recent years. The really sad thing is I would have bought an Ultimasaurus, a dragon like maybe Smaug? and I would have bought a Godzilla by them. but all in one..I just can't even figure where in my collection it fits..it's worse than fan made kaiju..they are still intended to be kaiju so not Godzilla or Ultraman, ect..but they fit. This is just a bit bigger than a Tyrannosaur so it's not a huge monster.  I'm sure someone will buy it, I think I'm going to focus on David's Dragons though the ones he did for Mcfarlane were fantastic and the price should be similar if not better.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: