News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBDINO

Quote from: Carnoking on June 11, 2022, 11:25:12 AMThey better push this out quickly if they want to cash in on the hype.

I wasn't excited to see it in the movie because of its design, but honestly after watching it in the movie may be the best part

Carnoking

Finally got their Nutcracker Soldier duo. These two actually arrived about a week ago but I was on a trip and unable to properly appreciate them until now.

I don't know if its the fact that they're the spitting image of the original SW maquette but I almost prefer the inclusion of these mini figures to the humans! They'd make great repaints if you wanted some younger animals in your herd. I also love the base of this one. Didn't expect it to have the water effect but I really dig them for that.

I don't usually spring for variants right out of the gate, but since Parasaurolophus is one of my all-time favorite dinosaurs and both boast more or less screen accurate paint decos, it seemed like a reasonable exception. If I had to pick one though? I'd go with the green!

Carnoking

Quote from: LBDINO on June 11, 2022, 03:11:53 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on June 11, 2022, 11:25:12 AMThey better push this out quickly if they want to cash in on the hype.

I wasn't excited to see it in the movie because of its design, but honestly after watching it in the movie may be the best part

Saw the movie yesterday and after sitting on it for near 24 hours, yeah I'll agree! The Therizinosaurus might have been the standout for me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on June 09, 2022, 05:17:23 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 09, 2022, 06:39:01 AMAbout as much as a P1 but not bad.

My favorite was a non film version by the Franklin Mint, I loved that one til my cousin knocked it over and it went in the trash. :/

Yeah it's honestly not a bad price at all, considering it's large size and beautiful sculpt/paint. The fact that it's form Weta makes this as close to 'Made in Middle-Earth' as it gets.

Oh man, are you referring to this one?

Spoiler
[close]

A gorgeous tribute to the King under the Mountain! Sorry to hear it had to be scrapped. I don't see many around these days.

Quote from: Sturisoma on June 09, 2022, 01:24:51 AMA Rexy paint app on the Future King. Limited to 1,000 copies.

I think it'll sell just fine - but the artificial scarcity just tells me they need to incentivize people to buy it for reasons other than what the figure itself has to offer collectors. I'm not too disappointed though - Nanmu has produced enough figures that interested me enough to buy that making a few that I don't care much for is alright by me, especially if they can profit enough from them to produce the figures that I would actually want - like the upcoming Spino, which is looking great so far.

A pass for me, but if you don't already have the 'Once and Future King' and the brown color matches your collection's aesthetic, I see this is a great buy for some. To each their own.

Yep that was him. I think a great definitive version of the book Smaug. If I had him back I could get the Weta piece and I'd only need a figure or statue of the animated one.

I saw BBTS already sold out their preorder of this new Rex. Hope folks enjoy it.

Man..Spino hasn't went up for preorder yet or the Carnotaurus, we have the Giga teased, a pterosaur ( unless they forgot it) and now the JW Therizino?   Starting to feel like Nanmu is the new Rebor?

dragon53

"Man..Spino hasn't went up for preorder yet or the Carnotaurus, we have the Giga teased, a pterosaur ( unless they forgot it) and now the JW Therizino?   Starting to feel like Nanmu is the new Rebor?"

Nanmu R&D is seeking Divine Redemption after Mordred.  ;)

need4swede

Quote from: dragon53 on June 11, 2022, 09:45:21 PMNanmu R&D is seeking Divine Redemption after Mordred.  ;)

'Mordred'...starting to sound like the average response from their consumer base after every new product announcement that isn't a Spino release date

"Great, more dread..."
- Swede

dragon53

Last week I saw an article headline that said Chris Pratt may have hinted that DOMINION might be the last JURASSIC movie. I didn't read the article, but according to today's article about DOMINION, "While the critic's reviews are down to just 31% (4.9/10) on Rotten Tomatoes, the film is up to 80% on that site's audience score and an A- CinemaScore in exit polls."

So it appears that DOMINION will still make a lot of money and that alone should guarantee there will be more JURASSIC movies because the studios want money and then more money.

On the other hand, if DOMINION were to be the last of the JURASSIC movies, then Nanmu might have to go back to releasing non-JURASSIC dinosaurs.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on June 12, 2022, 02:59:01 PMLast week I saw an article headline that said Chris Pratt may have hinted that DOMINION might be the last JURASSIC movie. I didn't read the article, but according to today's article about DOMINION, "While the critic's reviews are down to just 31% (4.9/10) on Rotten Tomatoes, the film is up to 80% on that site's audience score and an A- CinemaScore in exit polls."

So it appears that DOMINION will still make a lot of money and that alone should guarantee there will be more JURASSIC movies because the studios want money and then more money.

On the other hand, if DOMINION were to be the last of the JURASSIC movies, then Nanmu might have to go back to releasing non-JURASSIC dinosaurs.

Nanmu could keep making Jurassic Park/World figures for the next three or four years though before running out of species, especially if they remake older ones.

Over9K

Quote from: dragon53 on June 12, 2022, 02:59:01 PMLast week I saw an article headline that said Chris Pratt may have hinted that DOMINION might be the last JURASSIC movie. I didn't read the article, but according to today's article about DOMINION, "While the critic's reviews are down to just 31% (4.9/10) on Rotten Tomatoes, the film is up to 80% on that site's audience score and an A- CinemaScore in exit polls."

Universal has been pretty clear about this being the last Jurassic movie. It's been a part of the marketing for a good bit.

I think they've realized the story-telling corner they've painted themselves into, and despite the J-World films maintaining the box office earnings from film-to-film, they've created a scenario where they have to spend $150/$200M to make and market them, and as the movie industry moves from theater-centric, to streaming-centric, the risk starts to get a bit scary. Just one $200M failure can affect these companies for years afterward, even driving them into sale situations, and frankly, Disney doesn't need any more IP.

Make no mistake, they're loving the money they're making right now, as Dominion makes Jurassic Park III's entire worldwide gross in just one weekend, but could they say, make 2 or 3 Camp Cretaceous animated films for 1/3rd the money and make a bunch more bank?

Or...

Have they realized that they could maybe stop making Jurassic movies, so they can crank out something like Turok, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, a DC Comics Savage Land movie or Ark: Survival Evolved without having to compete with their own product?? They canceled a deep in development remake of King Kong in the 1990's, rather than compete with Jurassic, only making it in 2004/5 once Jurassic was dormant.

One thing is obvious, dinosaurs make money at the box-office. I seriously doubt people ran out to theaters to watch some people in their 70's run around the screen with Peter Quill and High Heels McGee.

Jurassic or not, I don't think cinematic dinosaurs are extinct... yet.

need4swede

Quote from: Over9K on June 12, 2022, 07:38:05 PMJurassic or not, I don't think cinematic dinosaurs are extinct... yet.

I might be shot for this, but apart from the first film, I don't really care much for the Jurassic IP. I just like dinosaurs.
Give me more movies with a decent special effects budget and I'll watch it. I'd gladly sacrifice the JW series for the possibility to have new dino-centric IP's.
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on June 12, 2022, 07:38:05 PM

Universal has been pretty clear about this being the last Jurassic movie. It's been a part of the marketing for a good bit.

I think they've realized the story-telling corner they've painted themselves into, and despite the J-World films maintaining the box office earnings from film-to-film, they've created a scenario where they have to spend $150/$200M to make and market them, and as the movie industry moves from theater-centric, to streaming-centric, the risk starts to get a bit scary. Just one $200M failure can affect these companies for years afterward, even driving them into sale situations, and frankly, Disney doesn't need any more IP.

Make no mistake, they're loving the money they're making right now, as Dominion makes Jurassic Park III's entire worldwide gross in just one weekend, but could they say, make 2 or 3 Camp Cretaceous animated films for 1/3rd the money and make a bunch more bank?

Or...

Have they realized that they could maybe stop making Jurassic movies, so they can crank out something like Turok, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, a DC Comics Savage Land movie or Ark: Survival Evolved without having to compete with their own product?? They canceled a deep in development remake of King Kong in the 1990's, rather than compete with Jurassic, only making it in 2004/5 once Jurassic was dormant.

One thing is obvious, dinosaurs make money at the box-office. I seriously doubt people ran out to theaters to watch some people in their 70's run around the screen with Peter Quill and High Heels McGee.

Jurassic or not, I don't think cinematic dinosaurs are extinct... yet.

Universal isn't about to shoot themselves in the foot, they've made entire JW themepark lands and attractions. What they meant by conclusion of the Jurassic Era is an end to this story..not that their won't be any future "Jurassic" films, series, animations, ect..

Halichoeres

Quote from: need4swede on June 13, 2022, 01:39:22 AM
Quote from: Over9K on June 12, 2022, 07:38:05 PMJurassic or not, I don't think cinematic dinosaurs are extinct... yet.

I might be shot for this, but apart from the first film, I don't really care much for the Jurassic IP. I just like dinosaurs.
Give me more movies with a decent special effects budget and I'll watch it. I'd gladly sacrifice the JW series for the possibility to have new dino-centric IP's.

Same. For me the best possible outcome would be JWD flopping so hard that they stop making JW films. It might open up a space for some better dinosaur themed movies, with designs that aren't stuck in the 90s, and scripts that aren't larded with "'member when...?" sequences that keep the audience also stuck in the 90s.

That said, as Blade points out, Nanmu would still have years of material even if this is the last installment in the godforsaken franchise. Even so, it would be nice to see them make some actual dinosaurs one day. And if they made a Dreadnoughtus, I'd probably buy it, unless it's resin. Not looking for a shattered sauropod to be replaced by a tiny glow-in-the-dark one, thanks very much.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sturisoma

Carnoking

Now when they say "see you in September" does that mean it'll be shipped in September? Or pre-orders happen in September?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on June 20, 2022, 02:04:22 PMNow when they say "see you in September" does that mean it'll be shipped in September? Or pre-orders happen in September?

Exactly my question. It should be the former..they've had a lot of setbacks this year though so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a preorder for December delivery.

So far this year they have released the Brachio ( I think it was more December? but no biggie), Parasaurolophus, and Mordred is still delayed ( People on Instagram are really hating on it ).  With several more pieces supposedly in the works, this isn't shaping up to be Nanmu's banner year.

Carnoking

Seems odd they have to keep pushing back pre-orders when the products seem all but finished. They keep posting these videos and images, yet we still have to wait three more months to even get an order in?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on June 20, 2022, 05:47:40 PMSeems odd they have to keep pushing back pre-orders when the products seem all but finished. They keep posting these videos and images, yet we still have to wait three more months to even get an order in?

I know they've had production issues with COVID and all. I think they use funds from one project to fund another? I seem to recall that said once, may or may not be true anymore. I really don't think Mordred is working out like they planned. That on top of Brachio issues and everything else..wouldn't surprise me if we have a lot of delays.

Sturisoma

Quote from: Carnoking on June 20, 2022, 02:04:22 PMNow when they say "see you in September" does that mean it'll be shipped in September? Or pre-orders happen in September?

I hope they start shipping in September. It would be great to have these new spinos before November. In my country, we have not yet received our baryonyx!  :'(  let the POs start even with Mordred in the oven. Anyway, he is almost cooked!

Just recently they said Mordred was delayed due to complex process and surge in orders. I think spino was also delayed as the eyes were "fixed" from having white area in the eye changed to black.
From this:

To this, which they said would be corrected in production process:

Personally I wish they just painted the whole eye green like the 2022 licensed W-Dragon spino, and not just a portion. Maybe by not making the eyes 100% screen-accurate, this is their way to avoid copyright issue?

Joliezac

I'm very excited for this new JP3 spino, although does anyone know what the material will be? I know that their Dragon Soul series seems to be resin, but I'm worried because I know quite a few people received a broken brachiosaurus some months ago. In their new post they stated it would be a new material. I just hope it isn't resin..

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joliezac on June 21, 2022, 02:58:41 PMI'm very excited for this new JP3 spino, although does anyone know what the material will be? I know that their Dragon Soul series seems to be resin, but I'm worried because I know quite a few people received a broken brachiosaurus some months ago. In their new post they stated it would be a new material. I just hope it isn't resin..

Not yet, I imagine as you said PVC for the regular release and resin for the DS one. Maybe it will be a combination of both? They need something not as fragile as the straight up resin they used. Though I also think the Brachio mold had some sort of specific issue. They all seemed to break in roughly the same spot?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: