News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 01, 2022, 07:09:14 PMThat's a really good-looking repaint. Rather tempting.
Agreed. I had little interest in the original, but this one's paintjob looks so good, I'll definitely have to get it some time or another.

Edit:
New photos of the 1/18 small ceratopsian paint samples:

Spoiler

[close]

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Eocarcharia

Already a massive improvement, imo, and exactly what I was waiting for. That's another one I'll definitely need to grab. This line is going to bankrupt me.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That Torosaurus is gorgeous, it's just as well the figure is far too big for me to consider.

Looking forward to the 1:18 raptors and basal Ceratopsians though
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Darko2300

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on June 02, 2022, 09:38:58 PMThat Torosaurus is gorgeous, it's just as well the figure is far too big for me to consider.

Looking forward to the 1:18 raptors and basal Ceratopsians though

This is exactly where I'm at. I think the size of it is the only thing that has me on the fence. I hope I don't cave in the end. I made a joke on Twitter about it displacing the family dog...😂

EmperorDinobot

I hope they come out soon! I'm gonna have a ton of fun taking pictures of those!

SpartanSquat

Glad to see WWD torosaurus! I loved the model but not a big fan of those bright fluorescent colours for my taste, but this along with Old Buck will be in my shelf.
Silvas mentioned when fan choices will be avalible to buy?

Creature

Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: RolandEden on June 04, 2022, 03:58:50 AMSilvas mentioned when fan choices will be avalible to buy?
He said recently that Old Buck preorders should start this month. I would think the Pachyrhinosaurus and Torosaurus would start at the same time, too. They're estimated for a fall release this year.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioThe first package sample is in for the upcoming Beasts of the Mesozoic/ Cyberzoic Triceratops! Many of you know that this is an homage to the vintage MOTU Bionatops figure- check out the photos to see how they compare.

Spoiler

[close]

suspsy

I like that green colour scheme way more than the standard one. Granted, it doesn't go too well with the Dino-Riders T. rex, but it's a perfect contrast to the earless monitor version.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Darko2300

*coughs*

So... About those pre-orders... I just finally watched David James Arsby's Dinosauria Series, and what can I say? 🤯 I need that Old Buck in my collection like I need to breathe. 😅 (And maybe I'm not alone but - as much as I enjoyed the short - I actually like the 'Making of' videos even more.)

Eocarcharia

FC Torosaurus gallery is up:

Spoiler

[close]

I wish it was a little more green but whatever. I'll just have to settle for it being only 99% awesome.

Additionally, an announcement:
Quote from: Creative Beast StudioI'm very excited to announce that Creative Beast Studio will be exhibiting at this year's San Diego Comic Con, July 21-24th! Stop by booth B-03 to check out products, prototypes and more. It's great to be going back and I hope to see some of you at the show!

Flaffy

Wish the colours were more muted tbh. Doesn't really capture the WWD look for me personally.
I just feel that it's missing greens, along with being a bit too saturated in general.

ItsTwentyBelow

Yesterday I preordered the 4-inch Dromaeosaurus and Protoceratops hellenikorhinus, and the 'clean' version of Old Buck.

Buck in particular looks magnificent! Can't wait, hope his release doesn't slip past September!

I've enjoyed selectively collecting these figures. Good stuff, the best all-round dinosaur figure offerings in the world currently, if you ask me.

Eocarcharia

Some news since my last update~

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioThe card backs for the 1/18 scale Beasts of the Mesozoic Raptors and Ceratopsians turned out so good that I've decided to use collector-friendly packaging. Here's a look at the recent samples!

Spoiler

[close]
Someone did point out the mismatched info on the back of the package.

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioHere's the first look at the final- collector friendly- packaging for the upcoming 1/18th scale Beasts of the Mesozoic 4" Raptors and Ceratopsians! The figures can be removed and put back into the packaging for various display options.

Completed artwork for Fan's Choice Pachyrhinosaurus and Torosaurus, both courtesy of Gabriel Ugueto.

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioCould we see baby Toros next year? We'll see...

Sim

I'm happy to see the 1:18 small dinosaurs are coming along so nicely.  What's mismatched though?

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Sim on August 01, 2022, 08:28:11 PMWhat's mismatched though?
The Habitat and Named By lines on the back of the package were switched.

Sim

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: