News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

A video of the 1:18 Psittacosaurus by A @Andysdinosaurreviews:

It looks great!  I wonder if David makes the other 1:6 species in 1:18 scale if he will make a similar-sized herbivore for each carnivore?  Like how the series currently has three small carnivores and three small herbivores.  If he does do that I wonder what herbivores he would pick?  Maybe some of the ones he created concepts for but didn't end up making e.g. Leptoceratops?  Maybe more Psittacosaurus species?

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dusty Wren

I currently have six BotM ceratopsians, and they fit perfectly on one shelf of my display case. I wanted to stop at six so that I didn't have to find more room for these behemoths, but that Pachyrhinosaurus is gorgeous, and I didn't pick up the original version. Argh, David, why are you doing this to me?! 
Check out my customs thread!

ceratopsian

Hhhhm. All too tempting!  I originally ordered five or six. Now there's ten in my sitting room and another half dozen or so in the model room. Thank goodness I won't be indulging in tyrannosaurs!

Pliosaurking

I have space for the ceratopsians I currently have and that's about it
I can't wait till I get my new shelves!

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on September 21, 2022, 07:17:19 PMThat Torosaurus is damned tempting. Dammed tempting indeed.

Same here. But the 1/18 size is prohibitive. If only it were 1/35...

Halichoeres

Yeah, that Toro is a beaut. I liked the blue one well enough, but I definitely like this one more.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EmperorDinobot

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Eocarcharia

New pics of Old Buck(s):

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioToday we finally get to see the catalog photos for both versions of the Beasts of the Mesozoic Old Buck Styracosaurus! And these are the actual paint samples from the factory.
Background art by Old Buck creator David James Armsby!

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioCatching up on the Beasts of the Mesozoic catalog shots, here's the one for the Diabloceratops babies! Again, these are the factory painted samples and will actually be renamed 'nestlings' on the final packaging.

Halichoeres

That Styracosaurus repaint looks really cool. Like it just leapt off the screen.

I guess those nestlings will be a 2023 release in the end; I should edit the DTC entry, which has them as 2022.

Carnoking

The Fan's Choice Torosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus arrived today, and now it's basically battle of the variants around here cuz I honestly can't pick a favorite between them  :o

Also nice to finally have a Tyrannosaur to pose against these ceratopsians! ;D

Eatmycar

Nothing will ever sell me on that Fan's Choice Pachyrhinosaurus versus the original (and space will not change for a while), but damn the Torosaurs look so good together.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The new Toro does look nice, but I also like the uniqueness of the blue coloration, it stands out on the shelf quite a bit.

Fembrogon

A couple of recent shots I took of Old Buck and the nestlings since they arrived:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: