News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

There goes my wallet... Vastly superior colour scheme when compared to the original. It's easily one of the most striking paintjobs I've seen on a dinosaur figure.

Faelrin

Pre-orders appear to be up on the Creative Beast Studio website, for the fan's choice ceratopsians, as well as the baby Diabloceratops, and 1/18th raptors, Protoceratops, and Psittacosaurus. https://creative-beast.com/product-category/pre-orders/
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

indohyus

Quote from: Faelrin on April 29, 2022, 12:38:09 AM
Pre-orders appear to be up on the Creative Beast Studio website, for the fan's choice ceratopsians, as well as the baby Diabloceratops, and 1/18th raptors, Protoceratops, and Psittacosaurus. https://creative-beast.com/product-category/pre-orders/

Should be noted, the only fans choice so far is the Medusaceratops. Others come later.

Carnoking

Excited for the Medusaceratops and those adorable baby diabloceratops figures but I'm not sure how I feel about the small 1/18th scale figures.
Whereas it'd be cool to have those species in scale with the rest of the line, I'm a bit wary of how well the articulation would work on something that small. Plus, the price point is a bit high imo. Might start with a couple and go from there. Also, anyone know anything about the Diabloceratops "reiusse"?

Psittacoraptor

The Fans' Choice Medusaceratops is a must buy!

I hope there's a 1/6 version of the green Protoceratops in the works. I'd like to display my Velociraptor with a Protoceratops, but the original "raw bacon" colour scheme doesn't appeal to me at all.

Concavenator

Quote from: Carnoking on April 29, 2022, 09:27:37 AM
Also, anyone know anything about the Diabloceratops "reiusse"?

I do. It's not a reissue, it's just that it's been out of stock since at least Christmas, and now it's expected to be in stock again in the summer. I know this because I ordered one Diabloceratops for Christmas from Dan's Dinosaurs and Dan told me it wasn't in stock. I asked David himself afterwards and he confirmed that it wasn't in stock at the moment.

That's why, from Christmas at least (don't know if it's been out of stock for longer), orders for this figure have been working as preorders for when it becomes available again.

Flaffy

The price point for the 1/18 raptors is indeed a bit steep for something that small. Especially when their 1/18 ceratopsian wavemates are noticeably larger figures.
And I've said this before, I'm not sure how well the articulation on the raptors would work on such a small scale. I guess only time well tell when these little guys are actually released.

When are these expected to be in stock at avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur ? Shipping costs from the US to the UK are extortionate.

Carnoking

He just can't help but outdo himself. Makes me wonder how many repaints of the Tyrannosaur series I'll have to buy thanks to the fan choice repaints :P

Darko2300

Quote from: Concavenator on April 29, 2022, 10:13:05 AM

I do. It's not a reissue, it's just that it's been out of stock since at least Christmas, and now it's expected to be in stock again in the summer. I know this because I ordered one Diabloceratops for Christmas from Dan's Dinosaurs and Dan told me it wasn't in stock. I asked David himself afterwards and he confirmed that it wasn't in stock at the moment.

That's why, from Christmas at least (don't know if it's been out of stock for longer), orders for this figure have been working as preorders for when it becomes available again.

I've finally got fed up shopping with Dan's Dinosaurs for this very reason. I'll order something from them and pay for it, only to have them email me later saying that they don't actually have any stock, and "Oh by the way there's a fee for refunds". If you don't have something in stock, don't let customers buy it. I mean, that's kind of common sense, no?

BlueKrono

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 09, 2022, 04:04:00 AM

I've finally got fed up shopping with Dan's Dinosaurs for this very reason. I'll order something from them and pay for it, only to have them email me later saying that they don't actually have any stock, and "Oh by the way there's a fee for refunds". If you don't have something in stock, don't let customers buy it. I mean, that's kind of common sense, no?

I've also heard from another sculptor that Dan had one of his pieces listed for sale, but did not actually have one in stock. Dan reaches out to the sculptor to have one made when he gets an order. And if the molds have gone bad, well... 🤷🏻‍♂️. Dan had his priced below what the sculptor had too, so one would naturally go for his. Tread cautiously on that site.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Darko2300

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 09, 2022, 12:36:52 PM

I've also heard from another sculptor that Dan had one of his pieces listed for sale, but did not actually have one in stock. Dan reaches out to the sculptor to have one made when he gets an order. And if the molds have gone bad, well... 🤷🏻‍♂️. Dan had his priced below what the sculptor had too, so one would naturally go for his. Tread cautiously on that site.

Yeah. Lesson learned. I'd always rather go direct to the source anyway. It's kind of odd that Dan seems to have set himself up as a 'Middle Man' for so many collectibles and figures. With everyone being so connected these days, it's not really a role that's needed anymore.

Darko2300

Eocarcharia

Pic here:

Definitely my most anticipated Fan's Choice. I too eagerly await the painted prototype.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 09, 2022, 02:24:06 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on May 09, 2022, 12:36:52 PM

Yeah. Lesson learned. I'd always rather go direct to the source anyway. It's kind of odd that Dan seems to have set himself up as a 'Middle Man' for so many collectibles and figures. With everyone being so connected these days, it's not really a role that's needed anymore.

I stopped ordering from Dan for a similar reason. I was ordering figures from Chinese companies through him, thinking I would get them shipped domestically and reduce the amount of air cargo crossing the Pacific. But he just has them shipped directly from China to his customers, so there wasn't any point.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: