News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 17, 2022, 03:16:35 PMMight show up in some places in June, BBTS will have it last though if you ordered in the U.S.
That sucks. I hope it'll show up in June like BBTS has it listed. I know you never know nowadays with shipping.

Also, does anyone know other sites or stores to order from for U.S. customers wanting Rebor products?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Bread on May 17, 2022, 03:45:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 17, 2022, 03:16:35 PMMight show up in some places in June, BBTS will have it last though if you ordered in the U.S.
That sucks. I hope it'll show up in June like BBTS has it listed. I know you never know nowadays with shipping.

Also, does anyone know other sites or stores to order from for U.S. customers wanting Rebor products?
Dan's Dinosaurs
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Faelrin

I'm fine with it releasing in July on BBTS. I already got the Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus backed, and the Mattel HC T. rex pre-ordered on BBTS as a backup (though to be honest I'd rather pick it up in store instead to inspect the paint apps on the head if possible).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 17, 2022, 04:13:06 PM
Quote from: Bread on May 17, 2022, 03:45:50 PM

Dan's Dinosaurs
Dan does not sell Rebor products? I've checked and it has always just been the King Tyrannosaurus, which isn't even in stock.

Carnoking

Everything Dinosaur is a great international source for REBOR products. They usually get them a little sooner than BBTS, and the cost is roughly the same give or take a few bucks.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on May 17, 2022, 05:17:58 PMEverything Dinosaur is a great international source for REBOR products. They usually get them a little sooner than BBTS, and the cost is roughly the same give or take a few bucks.
Good to know. Thank you. Do they charge any sort of import tax or something like that since it is overseas?

Thialfi

Quote from: Sturisoma on May 17, 2022, 12:34:05 PMThis is good news. Now it's just a waiting game. Thanks for sharing!  ^-^
https://modellpferdeversand.de/Rebor-News-2022

Philosoraptor and diorama bases up for pre-order!

Over9K

LOL @ BBTS having Kiss/Tusk in June/July.

September.

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on May 22, 2022, 11:58:48 PMLOL @ BBTS having Kiss/Tusk in June/July.

September.
With today's shipping issues, I wouldn't doubt these would be pushed back, but do you really think they would be all the way in September?

Faelrin

I think I recall my Neca American Werewolf figure shipping out in February this year, when it originally had a shipping estimate in November or December last year. So I could see it being delayed by a month or more. Honestly I would prefer anytime after June. Gives me more time to focus on moving and getting caught up on the Mattel Dominion stuff.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on May 23, 2022, 12:09:32 AM
Quote from: Over9K on May 22, 2022, 11:58:48 PMLOL @ BBTS having Kiss/Tusk in June/July.

September.
With today's shipping issues, I wouldn't doubt these would be pushed back, but do you really think they would be all the way in September?

For reasons of cost, ease of use, and the ability to cancel without consequence, I use BBTS for all of my Nanmu & REBOR orders and my experience over the past few years using them has been Nanmu Release Date +12/14 Weeks and REBOR Release Date +6/8 Weeks. Biggie (Saurophaganax) was right on 6 weeks behind the release date, including the full 10 days that went by after they sent their "Pre-order Arriving Soon" email.

It is my estimation that they use the manufacturer's release date, not accounting for shipping. So Nanmu gives a date of shipping, the product is shipped by surface ship to USA and they arrive at BBTS three months later. I think the REBOR stuff is a bit quicker because they perhaps use a different shipping vendor, or the product is shipped into a different, less congested port. 

REBOR says the Summer Kisses/Winter Tears base two-pack will ship simultaneously with Kiss/Tusk. BBTS gives estimated arrivals of June for Kiss/Tusk and July for the bases. If they really do ship together, then I don't expect to see any of them at BBTS for 6 to 8 weeks, which puts them at the middle of August/first week of September.

Bread

Ouch, well my impatient self is just going to have to wait it out then.

Thank you avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin and avatar_Over9K @Over9K for your input.

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on May 23, 2022, 12:13:58 PMOuch, well my impatient self is just going to have to wait it out then.

It's not too bad really... until the day you see those in-hand pics showing up on Twitter/Insta/FB, and you realize you still have possibly two whole months to wait.

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on May 23, 2022, 01:08:32 PM
Quote from: Bread on May 23, 2022, 12:13:58 PMOuch, well my impatient self is just going to have to wait it out then.

It's not too bad really... until the day you see those in-hand pics showing up on Twitter/Insta/FB, and you realize you still have possibly two whole months to wait.

Oh yeah for sure. I am just impatient and Prehistoric Planet has gotten me hype for an updated Tyrannosaurus.

I really wish Rebor would release some in-hand photos already. It may kill my impatient self to see them, but it will sure put a smile on my face.

need4swede

Quote from: Thialfi on May 15, 2022, 10:11:16 PM

I love this so much. Leaning towards the bronze, but I would love to see them both in household ambient lighting to see how they would look. The marble looks a bit like an unpainted 3D model than actual marble in those photos - unless I'm missing something. Doesn't have the same illusion of mass that the bronze seems to have, at least to my eye. Could be different in person.
- Swede

Carnoking

Love those pieces but at a hundred bucks a pop, it is giving me slight pause.

Rain

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate place for this comment but I've gotta say, I'm really not a fan of this whole 'naming your figures' trend REBOR has started. I didn't mind it too much with REBOR since their names were usually, somewhat, clever or references to older music but now we've got stuff like "Paul, the Acrocanthosaurus".

Soooooo weird.

Lynx

I assume you are talking about PNSO? They have always named their figures stuff like Paul, REBOR had nothing to do with it.
An oversized house cat.

Bread

Quote from: Lynx on June 06, 2022, 02:46:45 PMI assume you are talking about PNSO? They have always named their figures stuff like Paul, REBOR had nothing to do with it.
Yeah exactly, avatar_Rain @Rain's comment should have been in the controversial topic thread.

suspsy

I have no issue whatsoever with naming figures; I've been doing it myself for years. It's not like it's harming anyone. If you don't want to refer to your PNSO T. rex as Andrea or your Rebor Acrocanthosaurus as Hercules, then don't. Problem solved. Shoot, I don't even remember half the names that PNSO gives to their products.

Also, I much prefer real names like Paulwin or Ripley or Doyle to random song lyrics.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: