News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

(I just realised I posted it in the 2021 thread, sorry guys)

Since the BotM backerkit lockdown date is drawing near, I've been debating...

Should I wait to see if PNSO make s a Gorgosaurus, Albertosaurus & Daspletosaurus? Or should I jump the gun and order the larger, but far more expensive BotM versions?

How likely is PNSO to round out their tyrannosaur collection with these 3 genus?

PNSO Gorgosaurus, Daspletosaurus (and bonus Nanuqsaurus) reconstructions. Courtesy of Paleo-Nerd, original source: https://tieba.baidu.com/home/main?un=%E5%BA%94%E8%AF%A5%E6%98%AF120&ie=utf-8&id=tb.1.585cd8b8.GG4hqXdhijjywtvilJSYtw?t=1605050708&fr=pb

https://www.paleo-nerd.com/latest-news/pnso-official-puzzles/

Carnoking

At this point, I'm of the opinion that if it exists, PNSO will make a model of it in some form or other.

SRF

PNSO loves Tyrannosaurs, mainly because they sell well. With the Zhuchengtyrannus they've released their fifth Tyrannosauroid genus in just a little over a years time. I'm sure we'll see a Daspletosaurus and Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus somewhere down the line.
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

It is good that PNSO is focused on making tyrannosauroids, PNSO will eventually become the company with the largest, most scientific and loosely articulated tyrannosauroids in the toy dinosaur market.

The gorgosaurus, albertosaurus and daspletosaurus would be a PNSO gift to any collector of model dinosaurs.

SidB

Those three would be welcome, for sure, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. But in the meanwhile, I've got the Papo Gorgosaurus on display with my PNSO collection, and the Safari Daspleto with the Safari's (naturally), so I don't really suffer from the pangs of any serious lack, I suppose.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on February 16, 2022, 12:44:21 PM
Those three would be welcome, for sure, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. But in the meanwhile, I've got the Papo Gorgosaurus on display with my PNSO collection, and the Safari Daspleto with the Safari's (naturally), so I don't really suffer from the pangs of any serious lack, I suppose.

Of course, the gorgosaurus and daspletosaurus are well represented, although some new PNSO versions of these theropod species would also be appreciated, which will mean a variety in terms of tyrannosauroid species that are obviously not the tyrannosaurus rex.

HD-man

Quote from: HD-man on July 14, 2021, 10:03:57 PM
Quote from: Faras on July 14, 2021, 09:41:20 PMChinese version use extra thick, two-sides coated art paper, I kinda doubt that English version would use same paper as listed price on Amazon is cheaper than official price for Chinese ones (English books of same print quality usually cost twice more).

That's a possibility I didn't previously consider. I guess we'll have to wait & see before we know for sure.

I've since previewed Age of Dinosaurs (PNSO Field Guide to the Ancient World, 1) & you're right, it IS the same content as THEM: Age Of Dinosaurs w/better editing/translation ( https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1612545289&page=1 ). I'm glad that 1 of the best natural histories of dinos for kids is now MUCH more accessible to those not living in China, but disappointed that "Field Guide" was added to the title of a non-field guide.

Quote from: Gwangi on July 23, 2021, 03:24:58 PMI'm curious now as to how one defines a hypercarnivorous bird, since by definition of the word most birds are hypercarnivorus. Since more than 70% of their food intake consists of other animals that would mean that swallows, warblers, penguins, pelicans, flamingoes, gulls, and herons among others are all hypercarnivorous.

Sorry for taking so long to see your post. Last I checked, a hypercarnivorous diet is "100–80% vertebrate flesh, i.e., muscle, [organs,] bones of vertebrates" ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8789764/ ), ">95%" according to Holtz's research ( http://web.archive.org/web/20050318060816/http://dml.cmnh.org/1994Nov/msg00148.html ). So technically none of those birds are hypercarnivorous predators.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Concavenator

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 27, 2021, 02:39:13 PMAccording to a comment on PNSO's instagram post, the species is Allosaurus fragilis.

Heh heh, I just saw this video from PNSO's channel and totally remembered the controversy about what species does the PNSO Allosaurus represent.

Minute 1:26. Zhao Chuang himself confirmes the model was based on Big Al, and thereby, A.jimmadseni. So the PNSO social media rep was wrong, and all of us who considered it to be A.jimmadseni were right, even being aware of it "officially" being A.fragilis. I'm not hating, maybe that particular employee thought A.fragilis was the best bet (or maybe just said that because it's the most popular species), but sometimes our own observations are also valuable.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Concavenator on June 11, 2022, 12:23:56 AM
Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 27, 2021, 02:39:13 PMAccording to a comment on PNSO's instagram post, the species is Allosaurus fragilis.

Heh heh, I just saw this video from PNSO's channel and totally remembered the controversy about what species does the PNSO Allosaurus represent.

Minute 1:26. Zhao Chuang himself confirmes the model was based on Big Al, and thereby, A.jimmadseni. So the PNSO social media rep was wrong, and all of us who considered it to be A.jimmadseni were right, even being aware of it "officially" being A.fragilis. I'm not hating, maybe that particular employee thought A.fragilis was the best bet (or maybe just said that because it's the most popular species), but sometimes our own observations are also valuable.

That whole debate had zero effect in my decision to purchase.  Allosaurus was my favorite dinosaur when I was a kid and I'd been waiting a long time for a company to make one that looked this good that wasn't a resin sculpture.  Paul is the best allosaurus figure I've ever owned.

Hopefully by them making the less popular species first it'll prompt them to make the most popular one next

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.