News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Wren

Gorgeous photos, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking. Congrats on Fergus! He has such a beautiful color scheme.
Check out my customs thread!

Halichoeres

Quite a haul, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin! Seems your local stores are reasonably well stocked.

Thanks for the Acro photos, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking. Waiting for Happy Hen to get it in stock before ordering one for myself.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

A pair of quick phone snaps of my newly arrived Tuojiangosaurus, sculpted by Fredrick Alexander, purchased from Wild Past, painted and based by Martin Garratt.  I'm impressed with the level of detail of the print - even some tiny osteoderms under the chin and on the neck are present.  If any print lines were there, they are well disguised by the skin folds and paint.

Thialfi

What a pretty fellow, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian! Congratulations on your new acquisition!

JimoAi

Nothing prehistoric but IG the horseshoe crab kinda counts

Dyscrasia

Quote from: Die_Maulquappe on June 11, 2022, 08:33:01 PMFinally my last wanted piece of Sideshow Dinosauria : Gastonia

https://youtu.be/-BMlR9i-oI4

And new really unique model is on the way from china :D

Congratulations on acquiring such an awesome piece. These Sideshow Dinosauria statues are becoming notoriously harder to come by. Especially the ones released more than a decade ago.

jhudstone

Quote from: Mellow Stego on June 03, 2022, 04:13:39 AMWell after watching Prehistoric Planet I just had to get a mononykus.

Who produced this figure?

RobinGoodfellow

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 15, 2022, 03:55:57 PMA pair of quick phone snaps of my newly arrived Tuojiangosaurus, sculpted by Fredrick Alexander, purchased from Wild Past, painted and based by Martin Garratt.  I'm impressed with the level of detail of the print - even some tiny osteoderms under the chin and on the neck are present.  If any print lines were there, they are well disguised by the skin folds and paint.

oh that does look stunning with that colour scheme from Garatt
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx. Martin did it full justice. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

EmperorDinobot

I may be jobless and in dire straits, but...

As a part of my therapy, I need to get out of this confinement once in a while, and not to go to the hospital, but to enjoy life. Of course, I enjoy life by purchasing dinosaur toys.

Rare

Rare now thanks to scalpers.

Not as rare as they will have you think.

Found this errant Safari Pteranodon at Michael's, and it was the last one, and one I didn't have so it came home with me.

Found this at the book store, and it had to be mine. These as well:

And I got these at the dedication of the Tualatin Library as an Ice Age Stop, which I will write about some time this week.

I also got these with my final paycheck

I just couldn't help it.

MLMjp

Bought a non-JW dinosaur two weeks ago:

But speaking about JW dinosaurs...I just rescued this one from a waste container.

It is in good condition, nothing is broken, and the action features still work so I don't understand why this was dumped.

I'll probably give it away, as I already have enough Mattel T.rexes, but I couldn´t help to save it from it´s fate.

Strepsodus

I got Safari's Daspletosaurus from eBay. I'm happy with the way it looks.

SidB

S @Strepsodus , yes, it's a quality release and along with the Baryonyx, kept Safari in the game last year, a very lean one for the company's dino line up.

Libraraptor

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp How great you saved this guy! I can´t understand why people throw away something like this. This is probably capitalism in its worst manifestation.

AcroSauroTaurus

Some fairly recent finds.
Jurassic World Dominion Therizinosaurus

Jurassic World Hammond Collection Parasaurolophus. Didn't intend on getting this one, but a friend ordered two by accident and gave the extra to me.

Jurassic World Dominion Roarin' Allosaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

Carnoking

PNSO's Sinraptor "Xinchuan" in the house!

Dusty Wren

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, the color scheme on the Sinraptor is really growing on me. It looks like it has golden undertones in some of your photos (especially the third one). Is that noticeable in person, or is that an artifact of the camera? 

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp, good on you for rescuing the rex from the trash. I wonder why someone would toss it. I guess that's easier than finding somewhere to donate it, but it seems like the extra effort would be worth it for a perfectly good toy.
Check out my customs thread!

CityRaptor

Great hauls!
But seriously, why throw away a perfect condition Dinosaur?

Had an Amazon coupon, so I got myself these:

One of these is going into storage in case it might become useful....

Normally I don't collect cars, but I wanted small versions of the ones from Jurassic Park and since the Matchbox are not sold here, I brought these, here in comparism with a Mattel Mini Tyrannosaurus.

Honestly speaking, the QC on those Nano Rides could be better. And the packaging is ridicolously oversized.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: