News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

There was a rumour Papo was planning a Dreadnoughtus at one point, guess it was a false rumour then?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on June 17, 2022, 10:39:56 PMThere was a rumour Papo was planning a Dreadnoughtus at one point, guess it was a false rumour then?
dont forget the Krono
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtu.be/mAm8815f1AM
Andy's Dinosaur Reviews' review of the 2022 12 inch basic Edmontosaurus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on June 17, 2022, 07:23:21 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 17, 2022, 06:36:36 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 15, 2022, 02:49:09 PMI am very excited for the Dreadnoughtus toy, although I am dreading the price tag. :P

Yup, that's a genuinely good-looking toy and I'll probably buy it unless some other company announces one pretty darn quick.

Well I doubt Safari will make one anytime soon, they just released that Patagotitan, and PNSO has an aversion towards sauropods. If we do get one I would bet that it would be from either CollectA or a company like Nanmu that'll make it look like the Jurassic World animal.

Yep, that sounds about right.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I'd forgotten about that. If true, I'd guess it wouldn't release until at least mid-2023, and confirmed probably December of this year, and in the meantime I'd have bought the JW one anyway.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

MLMjp

I can finally visit this thread after watching the film.

So they put Ellie in an exclusive 100$+ pack that with figures most people probably already have...f*(# you Mattel.
You couldn't just put her in a human pack alongside something like, the Moros, or the Baby Nasutoceratops...noo...

That's it, I´m not getting Alan, Ian and Ellie, the regular humans packs aren't even available in my country and then you do this to Ellie. And that pack would also probably won't arrive in my country. And I'm tired of hunting, and paying extra and (sometimes) taxes for stuff that I should be able to get at retail price becase companies can't distribute their sh*t well.  Specially now, whith inflation forcing me to reduce my expenses. I already decided to say goodbye to certain things.

Of all the human packs, I think I'll only get Kayla, because she is a new character and comes with the best painted Pyroraptor, and maybe Maisie and Claire so I can get Beta, the Lystrosaurus and the new Dilo variant. I don't care about the Para variant with Owen and it's a shame to miss on the best Dimetrodon, but I can obtain the extreme damage in my country, which is good enough. Also have to look for the Release n' rampage pack (toysrus Spain has it listed but is currently out of stock) to get Atrociraptor ghost.

I'm not sure to pick the Owen motorcycle set. It is available in my country, but it would be cheaper to get the atrociraptors individually and while I do like the Carno...its too small to represent the one seen in the film. Rather get a second-hand larger Carno and try to customize it, but I don't know if I have the will and skills for that.

Definelty picking up the Moros repaint. Much closer to the film one this time.

I also fear about the three legacy sets, the badly painted Kosmoceratops, Pachy and Raptor have arrived but not the kitchen set or Roland Tembo. I'll give them until the end of summer as those set usually take a while to arrive. But I pray I don't have to import them or look for scalpers within European territory.

Speaking about legacy collection, I actually like this:

And I will buy it, repaint her eyes, and apply some dark red around them. I bought a Blue version of this mold two years ago with the intent to repaint it into the JP3 female but I never did, soo...

And last, no Hammond collection for me, unless they pull out something that the mainline hasn't or that I have missed, cause again, I'm tired of spending extra money on importing things and I can't afford that luxury now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Something to consider..how viable will this line be going forward with no new film or series( currently) to promote it in the public eye?  This year being a film year seems like a HUGE push for the toys whereas we kind of just floated along between Fallen Kingdom and Dominion.  Mattel has released a LOT of product. I'm sold off my inbox stuff and I still am having trouble finding shelf space for all of it.  Just a thought. There are more dinos from the films and in general they can tackle of course but will kids be into them as much or will the next new thing take precedence?

Carnoking

I think part of why Mattel has been able to keep producing figures at a steady pace is because dinosaurs are usually a sure-fire seller regardless of whether or not there's a tie in movie or show to promote them.

Going forward, I'm sure we'll see a sharp drop in diversity from the line, less human characters and/or play sets and probably more repaints and repacks to pad things out but I don't think there's really been any indication since Fallen Kingdom that Mattel will be putting Jurassic on the back burner.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 19, 2022, 05:10:11 PMSomething to consider..how viable will this line be going forward with no new film or series( currently) to promote it in the public eye?  This year being a film year seems like a HUGE push for the toys whereas we kind of just floated along between Fallen Kingdom and Dominion.  Mattel has released a LOT of product. I'm sold off my inbox stuff and I still am having trouble finding shelf space for all of it.  Just a thought. There are more dinos from the films and in general they can tackle of course but will kids be into them as much or will the next new thing take precedence?

I've been wondering the same thing. I agree with Carnoking that since dinosaurs are popular even without the JW franchise there is good reason for Mattel to continue beyond the films. Mattel is filling the dinosaur action figure niche pretty well. That said, all things come to an end eventually. I could see Mattel's Jurassic World line coming to an end within a year or so. This could even be their last year.  Although next year is also the 30th anniversary of Jurassic Park and I'm sure Mattel could take advantage of that.

Seeing the line end would be bittersweet. I've been collecting these toys since 2018, at the expense of other figures I want to collect. The short shelf life and expensive secondhand market for these toys means I have to prioritize them above other things I want, and it is kind of frustrating at this point, I could almost use the break. I do hope that the Hammond Collection continues though, and since it is more collector based, it might. There is still a lot of ground to cover with the Hammond Collection.

Faelrin

I think we'll see it continue next year. After that though? Anything goes. 2019 was sort of a post film/filler year, and then 2020 and 2021 at least had Camp Cretaceous to fill in those gaps.

I also agree about the Hammond Collection. Just got started this year, and so much potential that could still be done.

So I went and compiled together a list of all the film's species and significantly different variants, then removed which ones were already done (or good enough such as the FK mainline Indoraptor, or the AC JPIII Pteranodon). I also did not include the sauropods, and Mosasaurus. This gives us a pretty good pool of potential species, with a few repaints as well.

Spoiler
Jurassic Park:
-Parasaurolophus (blue stripes green body, unlikely)

TLW:JP:
-Compsognathus
-Geosternbergia (scrapped design)
-Pachycephalosaurus
-Pteranodon
-Stegosaurus
-Tyrannosaurus (baby, doe, & buck)
-Velociraptor (male & female)

JPIII:
-Ankylosaurus
-Corythosaurus
-Parasaurolophus (green)
-Spinosaurus
-Tyrannosaurus
-Velociraptor (male & female)

JW:
-Ankylosaurus
-Dimorphodon
-Indominus rex
-Pteranodon
-Velociraptor (Blue, Charlie, Delta & Echo)

JW CC:
-Ankylosaurus Bumpy
-Baryonyx Grim, Chaos, and Limbo
-Carnotaurus Toro
-Kentrosaurus Pierce
-Monolophosaurus (black, green, and orange versions)
-Ouranosaurus
-Parasaurolophus lux
-Scorpios rex
-Tyrannosaurus (Big and Little Eatie)

JW FK:
-Allosaurus (juvenile)
-Carnotaurus
-Sinoceratops
-Stygimoloch

JW Dominion:
-Allosaurus (adult)
-Atrociraptor (Ghost, Panthera, Red, & Tiger)
-Baryonyx (juvenile w/ mechanical arm)
-Carnotaurus (juvenile & demon adult)
-Dilophosaurus
-Dimetrodon
-Giganotosaurus
-Iguanodon
-Lystrosaurus
-Microceratus
-Moros intrepidus
-Oviraptor (cut from final film's Malta sequence; in Prologue)
-Nasutoceratops
-Parasaurolophus (blue striped tan body, white striped brown body, & TLW/JW style pattern)
-Pyroraptor
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Therizinosaurus (mainline kind of like this already, minus the electronic feature)
-Velociraptor (Beta)
[close]

Of the above, this is my top 12 most wanted atm (sorted by most to least wanted):

-TLW Tyrannosaurus (buck)
-JPIII Spinosaurus
-JPIII Velociraptor (male & female)
-JWD Pyroraptor
-JWD Giganotosaurus
-JWD Allosaurus (adult)
-JWD Carnotaurus (demon adult)
-JWD Parasaurolophus (blue striped tan body)
-JPIII Ankylosaurus
-JWD Microceratus (2 pack with blue and red perhaps?)
-JWD Moros intrepidus
-FK Carnotaurus
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

Yeah, I'll give the line at least one year or two more. But let's hope they can continue a bit more.

stargatedalek

I don't see this line ending anytime soon, but I can absolutely see it slowing down. Focusing more on repaints and only introducing a few new molds each year.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It was a heck of a dry spell after the last Kenner figures..I think my JP collection dwindled quite a bit then but other dinosaur toy companies filled the nitch left. Now my JP collection is pushing a lot of other lines out. It's a natural ebb and flow. 

ItsTwentyBelow

As far as the near future of this line is concerned, there is still one more season of Camp Cretaceous yet to premiere which may add new human and dino characters.

I'm also thinking about next year, which will be the 30th Anniversary of Jurassic Park, and should generate plenty of '30th Anniversary' merchandise which I'd expect to include lots of Mattel stuff, hopefully lots of Hammond Collection figures! We'll see.

I'd also heard talk of there for sure being an extended version of Dominion that at least includes the prologue, and will somehow be releasing.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on June 20, 2022, 05:47:28 AMAs far as the near future of this line is concerned, there is still one more season of Camp Cretaceous yet to premiere which may add new human and dino characters.

I'm also thinking about next year, which will be the 30th Anniversary of Jurassic Park, and should generate plenty of '30th Anniversary' merchandise which I'd expect to include lots of Mattel stuff, hopefully lots of Hammond Collection figures! We'll see.

I'd also heard talk of there for sure being an extended version of Dominion that at least includes the prologue, and will somehow be releasing.

They didn't do a ton with CC when it was out, basically a line and it took forever to get all the campers so I'm not holding my breath with a continuation of that line.

The 30th anniversary now they could pull some neat tricks out of the hat if they will and retailers will buy them for distribution. I miss Toy Fair and not getting to see all the items planned.

That version so far is rumored only for the 4K version and has 14 minutes added including the prologue. I want a new directors cut with all that 4 movies worth of footage in it.

DinoToyForum

C:-) Topic moved back to the "New for 2022" board.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 20, 2022, 04:52:05 PMThat version so far is rumored only for the 4K version and has 14 minutes added including the prologue. I want a new directors cut with all that 4 movies worth of footage in it.

That would really suck if they did that, since I'm still buying Blu-ray. Not that 14 minutes is really worth much, especially if the prologue is part of it. Gonna need a lot more than 14 minutes to fill in the missing stuff in this movie.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on June 20, 2022, 08:22:41 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 20, 2022, 04:52:05 PMThat version so far is rumored only for the 4K version and has 14 minutes added including the prologue. I want a new directors cut with all that 4 movies worth of footage in it.

That would really suck if they did that, since I'm still buying Blu-ray. Not that 14 minutes is really worth much, especially if the prologue is part of it. Gonna need a lot more than 14 minutes to fill in the missing stuff in this movie.

Exactly.  I've ordered the six disc set to get the Blue and Beta statue, will probably get a standalone copy as well..I don't like how they package sets like this.  I don't see getting the 4k set for the prologue and a couple extra scenes that will likely be on the regular dvd/bluray bonus features.

SpartanSquat

Like you said above, probably the last peek of golden age will be next year due the 30th anniversary of JP. But you know...I have been collecting mattel since 2018 and I really enjoyed more than when I was a kid with Kenner and Hasbro, but I dont have the same hype as previous years. Recently I bought Hammond Collection figures via Amazon USA due I doubt if these will arrive to Spain (well t-rex is listed in amazon spain but I will wait). Probably Mattel will survive till 2025 at least.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RolandEden on June 22, 2022, 03:31:08 AMLike you said above, probably the last peek of golden age will be next year due the 30th anniversary of JP. But you know...I have been collecting mattel since 2018 and I really enjoyed more than when I was a kid with Kenner and Hasbro, but I dont have the same hype as previous years. Recently I bought Hammond Collection figures via Amazon USA due I doubt if these will arrive to Spain (well t-rex is listed in amazon spain but I will wait). Probably Mattel will survive till 2025 at least.

Maybe a case of too much of a good thing and my/our growth as collectors? I only buy what I like anymore, I don't feel a need to have every single figure in a line like I did with Invicta,Carnegie,Kenner, ect..

Carnoking

I was once a Mattel completist (or as close as I could get), and would usually buy one to keep in box and one to take out for the shelf. Mind you this was before PNSO's resurgence, Nanmu rising to prominence, and my interest in REBOR, so outside of Mattel, I was really only buying a handful of cheaper figures a year from the likes of Safari and Papo. Once those other brands took hold in my collection and I realized Mattel wasn't stopping any time soon, I really started to pump the breaks and have sold off a good chunk of what I initially bought. I still buy a good chunk of what they put out, and will sometimes spring for doubles or even sets/figures I initially didn't want if I can get them on markdown but yeah the overall "sameness" and consistency really didn't help keep my interest.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: