News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ugly Ugly Dinosaurs

Started by Horridus, May 01, 2012, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoFan2010

This is a thing, somehow.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

DinoFan2010

It looks even worse in person ???

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

EmperorDinobot

Let me guess. This is Schleich's next masterpiece?

suspsy

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on June 18, 2022, 10:49:38 AMThey get worse and worse the more you go back in time. But history doth tend to repeat itself. I have a nominee:

Is that the subject of your next review?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EmperorDinobot

It is quite possibly that it is. The possibilities are endless in the land of ugly dinosaurs.

Dilopho

I don't think that the siats looks ugly all things considered. It's a pretty nice ferocious looking beast.
They've done some worse ones for sure.

DinoFan2010

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on June 24, 2022, 11:16:31 PMLet me guess. This is Schleich's next masterpiece?
Nope, this is a Walmart Toy that I think is meant to be a ripoff of the new PAPO Spinosaurus.
The Full Collection Of these crappy toys:

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

DinoFan2010

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

GiganotosaurusFan

The Allo actually was reviewed on the blog, under Adventure Force. Check it out!
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

CityRaptor

I think I saw those at Rossmann stores here in Germany. Cost 15 Euros a piece.
https://www.rossmann.de/de/baby-und-spielzeug-simba-dinosaurier/p/4006592074289
Apparently Simba distributes them here...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Last time I was at Walmart, my mum picked up a lonely Dilophosaurus and I was astounded at how detailed and JP screen accurate it was for such a cheap toy. They really are not that bad given the price imho. Fun little party favor for the younglings. We all started somewhere.

CityRaptor

That's true. I thought they would appeal to JP fans upon seeing them.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoFan2010

I was looking online at Mattel toys I might wanna get, and found this umm,... Rugops? I think whoever made this was not trying to make a Rugops at all.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

DinoFan2010

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

EmperorDinobot

I raise you another one:

Released like 10 years ago, it looks kind of familiar to a certain Dominion toyline figure, does it not? I am selling mine because I want it with the whole set, vehicle, figures and all.

DinoFan2010

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

EmperorDinobot

Yup, and we got more silly dinosaurs with large or overdone nasal ridges coming. I kind of dig the aesthetic though.

suspsy

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 24, 2022, 04:10:34 PMI raise you another one:

Released like 10 years ago, it looks kind of familiar to a certain Dominion toyline figure, does it not? I am selling mine because I want it with the whole set, vehicle, figures and all.

You should totally review that one at some point.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot I'm afraid to ask, but what even is that supposed to be? A Ceratosaurus?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dilopho

Quote from: Faelrin on July 31, 2022, 06:18:27 AMavatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot I'm afraid to ask, but what even is that supposed to be? A Ceratosaurus?
Not to butt in, but that's the Chap Mei Carnotaurus from their Dino Valley line.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: