News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I did eat in a Chinese restaurant for 10 euros and the menu was delicious.

Have you ever fallen inside the bus due to the driver braking?

indohyus

Fortunately never fully fallen over, but have lost balance many times.

Have you ever heckled someone or been heckled?

Halichoeres

Yes, in grad school we had a mock seminar series where heckling was encouraged. I think it made me a better public speaker.

Have you ever given a joke talk?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bowhead Whale

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 25, 2022, 12:27:07 PMYes, in grad school we had a mock seminar series where heckling was encouraged. I think it made me a better public speaker.

Have you ever given a joke talk?

Yes, when I was nearly 12. I was with people I didn't know very well and didn't know what to say. So I told them annoying jokes (yes, I must have been really annoying that evening).

Have you ever sneezed loudly in a library?

Stegotyranno420

I cannot pinpoint an exact moment but I feel like it has happened

Have you ever let someone borrow your room, only for them to completely mess up your once clean room(also applies to cars, houses, etc)

Bowhead Whale

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 17, 2022, 09:00:04 PMI cannot pinpoint an exact moment but I feel like it has happened

Have you ever let someone borrow your room, only for them to completely mess up your once clean room(also applies to cars, houses, etc)

Yes. That brat took the profit of the occasion to steel my crayons...

Have you ever saw a guy lose his pants in public because he wore them the belt under his buttocks (like that terrible fashion that lasted like 20 years)?

Halichoeres

Yes, definitely. At least we all got to see that he was wearing designer underwear, which I can only assume is the point.

Have you ever used a dichotomous key?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Stegotyranno420

Yes.

Have you ever biked in strong winds just for the sport of it?

Halichoeres

Yes, if only to enjoy the effortless return trip.

Have you ever made a milkshake?

Stegotyranno420

No, but I am contemplating it

Have you ever made a smoothie

Newt

Now and again, though I'm not sure the effort of washing the blender is worth it.

Have you ever worked all through the night to meet a deadline?

Stegotyranno420

No, but I did work all day and some of the night if that counts(I'm not talking about a job as I am a minor but rather a task I needed to complete)

Have you ever been to Frankfurt, Germany(as a foreigner)

Bowhead Whale

No; actually, I never left North America...

Have you ever, as a child, eaten a candy or other type of food found on the ground?

EmperorDinobot

No, I have not.

Have you ever pulled your eyelashes out and then...put them in your mouth?

Stegotyranno420

??? No, never and why will anyone do that?

Have you ever seen a pelican in real life

Duna

Yes, I've seen several pelicans in zoos, they are very common and just like super huge ducks. They aren't any in the wild in Spain, only sparse sights of lost birds.

Have you ever eaten a goose egg?

Bowhead Whale

No, I haven't...

Have you ever tried to eat grass, as a kid?

Halichoeres

It was the fashion among kids to walk around with a Bermuda grass stalk hanging out of one's mouth; inevitably some got a little nibbled, but I don't know if it counts as eating.

Have you ever taken a train trip longer than 1,000 km?

Bowhead Whale

No; actually, I've never been in a train...

Have you ever watched a movie you thought would be great, but happened to be a disastrously boring thing?

Halichoeres

Yeah, one of the Marvel movies most recently.

Have you ever swum in a river?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: