News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

These are Tootsie Toy Stegosaurus and Brontosaurus. They are older plastic toys and came in a variety of colors. The TT prehistoric mammals are much rarer than the dinosaurs.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Karauak

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 06, 2022, 06:03:03 PMThese are Tootsie Toy Stegosaurus and Brontosaurus. They are older plastic toys and came in a variety of colors. The TT prehistoric mammals are much rarer than the dinosaurs.

Karauak

It looks similar to kleinwelka but has an open mouth and no markings. I am asking for help in identification

CityRaptor

Not Kleinwelka but another DDR relic. You got a VEB Plaho Crocodile. Had to check myself since I was not sure, but I thought the style looked familiar.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

I need these children properly identified. Like, if I was to list them at a certain place, what would I have to put?

Roselaar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 16, 2022, 01:00:56 AM

I need these children properly identified. Like, if I was to list them at a certain place, what would I have to put?

Don't know about the little figures, but the big brown Rex was an exclusive toy from the WWD live show back in the days. Despite the popularity of that show, I doubt it's worth much, as it's not a great figure, only just short of a generic Chinasaur. The other toys they sold there were JP III bootlegs, so that's telling of the quality and effort they put into their merchandising.

Libraraptor

I think the right Rex is an old one by Bullyland, still abundantly around these days. Would pay one or two € for it at a flea market. The left one looks more interesting, but I don't have any clue.

Dilopho

Identification please? Nah..just kidding. But I did pick up this SCULPT in a red colour today second hand, and..I don't remember them doing a red one? I know they did a red Velociraptor in one of the advent calendars, but it was that other sculpt that touches the floor with its hand. Anyone know?
I apologise for the lack of picture, btw, I don't have anything that could take one right now.

Edit:

this one

CityRaptor

It's from the large research station set.
https://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/dinosaurs/products/large-dino-research-station-41462.html
Also comes with a Brarchiosaurus called Mr. Brachio in some media and Not-Alan Grant. I also think the Raptor has been called Blood in the comic.
Oh no

Dilopho

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 24, 2022, 07:09:42 PMIt's from the large research station set.
https://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/dinosaurs/products/large-dino-research-station-41462.html
Also comes with a Brarchiosaurus called Mr. Brachio in some media and Not-Alan Grant. I also think the Raptor has been called Blood in the comic.
Thank you! "Mr. Brachio" is a perfect name  :))  Also...there are shleich comics?  ???

CityRaptor

Oh no

Fembrogon

I acquired these three figurines in a lot a while back. I liked them enough to keep them, but I haven't a clue what brand they are; there are no markings on any of them.

The rex looks similar to one of the 90s DK models, and I'm guessing the raptor is a JP knockoff of some sort. I don't know about the trike.
I'm assuming these were all produced by the same company, but I honestly don't know for sure.

CityRaptor

Not an ID, but the Raptor's colors remind me of Beast Wars Megatron, yeeessss!
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

I rediscovered this figure when I was looking for some Batman stuff, and.....there it is. No markings that I can see. What is this? It's made of hard rubberized plastic and feels vintage as heck.

BlueKrono

Looks like a JP knockoff. I used to have the raptor it was based on - its face was less goofy.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Mhari

I hope it's ok to be here, I've hunted google for so many hours searching for where this toy came from so I can try to replace it. It was a favourite of my 9 year olds and I threw the body away, sure the head was lost. He found the head a week later, and ran happily to the (previously dusty junk covered) window sill to reunite the parts. He really is devestated, and I'm resolved never to throw anything away again. I would be so grateful if anyone could help.

Halichoeres

Hi, M @Mhari, I think that belongs to one of the "Wowwee Untamed Mad Lab Minis" https://untamed.wowwee.com/madlabminis/

Unfortunately, they're blind-packed in little cylindrical capsules, so the odds of getting the same exact one are low.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mhari

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres That's exactly it, thank you so much!

EmperorDinobot

I'm fairly sure I have asked about this before, and I got a response, but this was at a time where I was not being myself, and on top of that, my computer broke and deleted all my bookmarks. What is this?

It's made out of rubber, I remember it being from the early 2000's or late 1990's. They were from some Florida company, and that someone kinda wanted to buy it from me. Any links, or pages I can find this in?

Libraraptor

Sorry, avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot, I don't know, but it is very charming.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: