News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sturisoma

Quote from: dragon53 on July 30, 2022, 08:09:16 AMMy Nanmu Parasaurolophus often falls over to the left. I tried to bend the metal peg which helped a little, but now the peg itself is in bad shape.
I was wondering about asking for a free replacement peg---is it better ask the merchant (Lana Time) or Nanmu?

Did you use the clear acrylic stand? The figure is quite heavy and I expect the leg to bend overtime if attached only on the metal peg of the base, so I use the clear stand. So far no problems on mine.

Sturisoma

Quote from: sage2k on July 30, 2022, 07:20:01 PMAnecdotally all the problems I have with Nanmu figures are with alternate color variants:
- the green alpha rex has its back leg attached incorrectly (which I only noticed once I had a brown variant to compare with)
- the alternate trike color has its head attached at a very slight off angle, also the coloring looks very lackluster due to no wash unlike the brown version
- the neck piece of the alternate version steg detached over time (unlike the TLW color variant), had to glue it back

All anecdotal, but I think I won't be picking up alternate color variants of Nanmus. I kind of now want to sell the ones I have with defects.

On a completely different topic but related to Nanmu. I'm trying to get done a limited run of 1:35 scale TLW raptors, which will scale to Nanmu's human figures and T. rexes. We're planning the figures to have separated teeth, proper JP/TLW sculpt, JP/TLW paint jobs. Might not be the best place to ask, but any of you guys have interest in this?

About the size of TLW/JP raptor figure I'm looking at:
https://i.imgur.com/qyOJur5.jpg

That looks like a nice raptor! I'm happy I did not buy the raptor squad as I was disappointed with the lack of teeth. Would be cool to have a jumping version similar to Rebor's to replicate the long grass scene.

dragon53

STURISOMA:

The extra plastic peg is to keep the Para from falling forward on the base----my Para tilts to the left and when it falls over to the left, the Para and the base fall over together.

Carnoking

My inner collector won out a couple weeks back and I wound up placing an order for Nanmu's "limited edition" Master Hunter figure. After how quickly it seemed to sell out on BBTS, I was worried about missing out on a limited and in-demand figure but last I checked it was still in stock over at Lana so I've got some egg on my face.

Either way, it's as impressive a figure as ever with some nice paint, particularly on the head.

That said, it doesn't seem to offer any improvements on the original Alpha rex, which one might expect on a limited edition piece. Even small details like the eye color weren't corrected here. Meanwhile, the paint on the body feels a lot more homogenous on the MH, and the high gloss does detract somewhat from the realistic leathery skin look. Perhaps you could look at this as the rex being wet from rain if you were more forgiving.

Still, it makes for a more than serviceable stand in for anyone who may have missed out on the original Alpha rex.

Of course, the real allure of this figure (for me at least) was the base, and that does not disappoint!

I do wish it had the height of the original release's base but that's a minor gripe.

And yes, the Once and Future King looks great on it.

Sturisoma

Quote from: Carnoking on August 04, 2022, 11:06:58 AM

And yes, the Once and Future King looks great on it.

Oh man what a cool base! Thanks for sharing this. This is what I envisioned with Future King on the base. Passed on this Master Hunter as I only want the base  :))  kinda bummed I was expecting them to release a proper Rexy with the teaser for this base and they gave us this repainted buck rex.

Sturisoma

"Dear fans, good weekend.
After listening carefully to the effective suggestions of the fans, we modified the prototype.
Of course, you can see the rendered picture of the dynamic pose next week."

Blade-of-the-Moon

so they added removable teeth?   

i would love to see these fans comments...never ran across any?

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 06, 2022, 06:24:53 AMi would love to see these fans comments...never ran across any?

Yeah, I'm wondering if these efforts were always planned but they just make it seem like the company is shaping its direction around the consumer. Either that, or the Eastern market is far more vocal!
- Swede

Carnoking

Does the giga lose teeth in the movie? I don't seem to remember that (and I saw it four times!) what does making the teeth removable do for the figure overall?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have no idea. I see teeth in grey behind those..maybe early designs had them inside the mouth? Maybe they aren't  removable just how they are showing the improvments?  I just can't understand it.  I don't recall teeth being lost in the film but I've only seen it once so far.

Quote from: need4swede on August 06, 2022, 06:36:48 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 06, 2022, 06:24:53 AMi would love to see these fans comments...never ran across any?

Yeah, I'm wondering if these efforts were always planned but they just make it seem like the company is shaping its direction around the consumer. Either that, or the Eastern market is far more vocal!

Yeah I feel this is just a way to boost product posts myself as well.  I rarely see more than a handful of replies on their posts on facebook, instagram they get a lot of hate for some reason?  If I don't like something I just don't buy it. I really think they had issues with the brachiosaurus and then despite all the posts the Ultimasaurus isn't going well from what I'm seeing..but they are so far in they have to continue with it.

Carnoking

Most of the comments I see are just general praise, but then again those are coming from the die-hard fans I follow on Instagram. I'll see the occasional request or nitpick comment but it's usually a vocal minority cropping up amidst all the heart eye and fire emojis along with the usual "take my money" comments.

Speaking of Mordred, Lana Time shared some in-hand images of the final figure on their Instagram and I'd be lying if I said it didn't look good. Still not something for my collection but well executed nonetheless. They also posted pictures holding one of the assembled fences and wow do those look nice! Not to mention huge! Still a bit much to pay for an accessory IMO but then again I sprang for the Master Hunter just to grab that base so perhaps I should reconsider my priorities.

sage2k

Quote from: Sturisoma on August 01, 2022, 03:56:29 AMThat looks like a nice raptor! I'm happy I did not buy the raptor squad as I was disappointed with the lack of teeth. Would be cool to have a jumping version similar to Rebor's to replicate the long grass scene.
Thanks!

I finally had a day to work on the model and pose (I'd love to do a jumping pose + long grass base but I gotta start easy). The head, spine and feet need work but it's progressing at least.

I also totally forgot that the JW raptors are missing their pubic bone... I never expected to spend so much time staring at and massaging a raptor crotch but here I am :p

I created a subreddit and instagram for my project if anyone wants to keep track of it (I mean this is still a Nanmu thread even if I'm motivated by their lackluster raptor pack):
archosaurproject

need4swede

Quote from: Carnoking on August 06, 2022, 05:23:49 PMSpeaking of Mordred, Lana Time shared some in-hand images of the final figure on their Instagram and I'd be lying if I said it didn't look good. Still not something for my collection but well executed nonetheless.

I'll share some pictures of mine when it arrives - probably in a couple of weeks. I think it looks really cool from the images, but understand why a lot of people were put off by Nanmu's decisions.
- Swede

need4swede

avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken

I believe I've ordered from Jurassic Zoo on Aliexpress before without any problems

These stores sell this model also, and are known vendors:

Lana Time Shop
Everything Dinosaur
- Swede

terrorchicken

thanks guys! I'll check these out. This will be my fist Nanmu. I want to get some nice figures of my favorite dinos from the JP franchise and realized that I just dont like the sculpts for the Hammond collection even though they'd be cheaper. Will probably be selling most of my other JW figures to help pay for these pricier ones but I think it will be worth it. I need to clear space for more display area anyway.

Over9K

Quote from: terrorchicken on August 11, 2022, 07:49:37 PMthanks guys! I'll check these out. This will be my fist Nanmu. I want to get some nice figures of my favorite dinos from the JP franchise and realized that I just dont like the sculpts for the Hammond collection even though they'd be cheaper. Will probably be selling most of my other JW figures to help pay for these pricier ones but I think it will be worth it. I need to clear space for more display area anyway.

I think you'll be really pleased with Nanmu's JP/JW figures. IMO, they're the best out there at their price point, and better than some of the resin statues available. After the Indominus, they really upped their game regarding tail seams (Indominus is bendy tail, the rest are not), and each new figure has been better than the last one. The Once And Future King T.rex is really spectacular in-hand, with the Alpha T.rex a very close second. I also recommend grabbing the beautiful Vastatosaurus from the 2005 King Kong and the Mosasaurus if you can find it in stock anywhere, as it's been recently retired and is a fantastic representation of the movie beast. IMO, the Sinoceratops is the lowlight for the range, and it's still a pretty nicely executed figure, even if the details on the body are a bit shallow and soft, compared to those on the head, which moves allowing for posing variations.

Sturisoma

From a fellow local collector. Comparative photos of Nanmu Supplanter 1.0 with the resin head bust, and also with W-Dragon 2.0. Paint app is much better. Maybe we can expect this same quality or better with the Dragon Soul spino  :)

Would be cool to have this as a swappable head with the Dragon Soul though. Like Chronicle Collectibles dilophosaurus. The seam would be a problem though  :))

Sturisoma

Also, any Nanmu collectors located in Southeast Asia here? Seems that the baryonyx just arrived in the Philippines a few days ago. The eggs in the couple base might have already hatched into babies!  :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: