News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 02, 2022, 04:55:17 PM
Quote from: Shane on August 02, 2022, 02:43:53 PMThere actually are a surprising amount of fan requests for an Indominus Rex from people who don't seem to grasp that the entire reason for its creation was to give Universal its own "copyrighted" dinosaur.

That's depressing on several levels.
You would be surprise how many people want an indominus. Even my nephews asked in the museum if there is an indominus rex skeleton.

suspsy

No one should be surprised. I regularly encounter children who think the Indominus is real. That's the toxic influence of Jurassic World for you.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Best thing to do is to inform that it was made up for the movie. I mean they even cover this in the movie itself!
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Faelrin on August 02, 2022, 06:43:10 PMBest thing to do is to inform that it was made up for the movie. I mean they even cover this in the movie itself!
its dumb kids being dumb kids we shouldnt worry about it
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dilopho

Quote from: Faelrin on August 02, 2022, 06:43:10 PMBest thing to do is to inform that it was made up for the movie. I mean they even cover this in the movie itself!
Yeah, I can't really fault the film for this either... it being an unnatural monster is the main plot  ;D
It's DNA does contain Rugops, though. That's a figure I'd like from Safari, or maybe Majungasaurus.
I would love a company to somehow do an All Yesterday's style Majungasaurus. A sleeping dinosaur figure would maybe be a bit controversial, but very cool.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on August 02, 2022, 06:28:28 PMNo one should be surprised. I regularly encounter children who think the Indominus is real. That's the toxic influence of Jurassic World for you.

When I was a kid I recall adults thinking the Compsognathus in TLW were baby raptors. Even though it is explicitly stated, multiple times, what they are. The same is true for Jurassic World and the Indominus. I don't think a movie as simple in concept as Jurassic World is to blame for the idiocy of the people that cannot comprehend it. 

Carnoking

That's like saying the makers of Sharktopus are to blame if children (and people in general) start to believe that's a real animal. All it takes is one internet search (or, you know, just pay attention to the dang movie) and you'll learn real quick that there was no such dinosaur and it was a genetically modified hybrid (the movie's exact words, not mine).

Does that mean kids (and collectors) are not allowed to want a figure of it since it never existed? Not at all, it's a fan favorite addition to the franchise after all, but asking a company like Safari for it is certainly barking up the wrong tree. Still, seems foolish to blame storytellers for people's ignorance.

Sim

I don't understand why anyone would want an Indominus or Indoraptor as they aren't real and are extremely ugly.  Although I personally think it's just as strange to request a company to make species only known from fragments like the most recently named megaraptoran.  It's just a different kind of fantasy dinosaur to the Indos.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Dilopho on August 02, 2022, 06:52:12 PM
Yeah, I can't really fault the film for this either... it being an unnatural monster is the main plot  ;D
It's DNA does contain Rugops, though. That's a figure I'd like from Safari, or maybe Majungasaurus.
I would love a company to somehow do an All Yesterday's style Majungasaurus. A sleeping dinosaur figure would maybe be a bit controversial, but very cool.
Dont forget the All Yesterdays line of figures that is coming

Samrukia

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on August 02, 2022, 06:51:14 PM

that's rude, isn't it

Lynx

To be fair, the media (specifically youtube) likes to portray the I-rex as a real creature. It's a shame, as it's probably the most boring design on the planet, besides just repainting a velociraptor (the JWD atrociraptor)
An oversized house cat.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: erlectric on August 02, 2022, 09:25:07 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on August 02, 2022, 06:51:14 PM

that's rude, isn't it
I was a dumb kid. You were a dumb kid. It's part of life. You can't be born a genius.

Shane

I know it's later than I said, unfortunately with delays lately it's not a matter of IF but WHEN.

However, better late than never I suppose, there's some new stuff available in stock:

https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases

Carnoking

Thanks for the heads up! Gonna be getting my order in soon now.

bmathison1972

three of the things on my list are there, but I think I'll wait for avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen to get them in!

Gwangi

It might be a good time to let you all know that I have a 15% off discount code, because I reviewed some unreleased Safari products over on the Animal Toy Blog. GWANGI15 gets you a discount until September 1st.

SidB

Well that's great, I guess that Dan's will be getting his stock in soon. It's been a long wait for the Dino Dana rex and the Patagotitan.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Gwangi on August 17, 2022, 10:41:23 PMIt might be a good time to let you all know that I have a 15% off discount code, because I reviewed some unreleased Safari products over on the Animal Toy Blog. GWANGI15 gets you a discount until September 1st.

It's a bummer the new toobs aren't available yet. Does Safari have any other discounts throughout the year?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gwangi

Quote from: BlueKrono on August 18, 2022, 12:01:04 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 17, 2022, 10:41:23 PMIt might be a good time to let you all know that I have a 15% off discount code, because I reviewed some unreleased Safari products over on the Animal Toy Blog. GWANGI15 gets you a discount until September 1st.

It's a bummer the new toobs aren't available yet. Does Safari have any other discounts throughout the year?

They very frequently have sales, usually around holidays.

Faelrin

I'm waiting for the Cryolophosaurus to come into stock first before ordering, and uh hopefully a better living situation as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: