News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on March 30, 2022, 10:55:29 AM
A while ago, I posted about my wish for improved legs joints in the Tyrannosaur line thread. The weak and flimsy leg joints are my one big gripe with the raptors, so I was happy to see this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbssgonLtHC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Re-releases of the Build-a-Raptor sets and future Deluxe Raptors (no word on what those will be, repaints or something else) will feature new disc joints on the legs for better stability. This was needed and it's great to see a company striving to improve their products. The neck joint will also be modified, although I never had an issue with that.
I'd rather have improved stands.  I don't know about things after the initial Kickstarter, but the three raptors I got had terrible stands.  Both clips that came for my Zhenyuanlong broke so it's permanently roosting.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Fembrogon

Yeah, the display rods weren't very good for the raptors. I ended up buying stands from Tamashii and other sources to pose the raptors better.

Giganotosaurus

So far from the raptor series I have Velociraptor m, Atrociraptor, and Pyroraptor. I am ordering Linheraptor, Saurornitholestes, and Zhenyuanlong, which will be all I get from the raptor line for now (until the 1/18 figures release).
I also plan on getting the Microraptor and
Mononykus pack, and the Wetlands with Buitreraptor pack in the future.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Eocarcharia

New update from yesterday on the 1/18 raptors:

Quote from: Creative Beast Studio
I totally missed the opportunity to post these yesterday (National Velociraptor Awareness Day), so I'll make up for it today. Here's a look at the brand new test shots for the 1/18th scale Raptor figures- Velociraptor, Dromaeosaurus, and Linheraptor. Preorders will begin next week and are expected for a summer release.
Check back tomorrow for a look at their ceratopsian counterparts!

Flaffy

I'm not sure how I feel about the sculpt being broken up into so many moving pieces. Like I get that it's to facilitate articulation, but at such a small scale, gaps in the sculpt become so much more obvious and dominating.

I personally feel that the mid-neck and torso articulation points could've been omitted for a cleaner presentation.

Sim

I agree with avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy that the torso and mid-neck articulation seems not worth it and I'll add that the tail base articulation seems unnecessary and I feel it was unnecessary on the 1:6 raptors and Dilong too.  I don't understand why the tail base was broken up into that small piece.  Still, I plan to get these three dromaeosaurids and I'm very excited about them!  They are my three favourite dromaeosaurids from the Raptor Series.  I guess they were the best-selling figures in the 1:6 series.  I wonder if David plans to release the other raptors in 1:18 as well?  Maybe once he releases them with new colourations that make them best-selling figures too?  The other raptors might never sell as well as the three he's making in 1:18 scale now though.

Fembrogon

They're a bit expensive, but I went ahead and placed a preorder for four of the 4" figures. I'll be looking forward to how they appear in person.

By the way, how does the website's reward system work - or rather, how do the rewards store and activate? I signed up and there's supposed to be a 50-point bonus for the initial account setup, but I don't know where to look for them.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 01, 2022, 04:54:32 PM
By the way, how does the website's reward system work - or rather, how do the rewards store and activate? I signed up and there's supposed to be a 50-point bonus for the initial account setup, but I don't know where to look for them.
I know you can see them in your cart before you check out as long as you have something in it, where you'll also have the option to apply them to your purchase. I don't know if there's another way to view them.

Darko2300

I'm leaning towards the green Protoceratops to go with my Raptors. Something about the coloration on the other one seems... off. Add 3 Velociraptors, and I think I'm done with this pre-order sale. (If I can resist the cuteness of the baby Diabloceratops...  ;D)

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 11, 2022, 12:36:22 AM
I'm leaning towards the green Protoceratops to go with my Raptors. Something about the coloration on the other one seems... off.
What, not a fan of the raw bacon look?

Darko2300

Quote from: Eocarcharia on May 12, 2022, 02:05:36 PM
Quote from: Darko2300 on May 11, 2022, 12:36:22 AM
I'm leaning towards the green Protoceratops to go with my Raptors. Something about the coloration on the other one seems... off.
What, not a fan of the raw bacon look?

🤣

I knew somebody would understand...

I feel like I'm half and half on David's color schemes. Some of them I love, and some of them are just Godawful. 🙄

Darko2300

They're looking good, but the Velociraptor still seems a little wonky to me. Almost like he's missing teeth?

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 27, 2022, 09:58:44 PMThey're looking good, but the Velociraptor still seems a little wonky to me. Almost like he's missing teeth?
I can see it, but I'm willing to accept it as a consequence of how small the figures are. Can always keep their mouths closed. I'm more bothered by the visible pins through the arms and jaws. I hope they'll all be painted on the final products.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioHere's the first look at the final- collector friendly- packaging for the upcoming 1/18th scale Beasts of the Mesozoic 4" Raptors! The figures can be removed and put back into the packaging for various display options.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

I'm very happy to see these! :)  Comparing the Linheraptor to its prototype shown earlier in this thread, it looks like it might not have visible pins.

Sim

A @Andysdinosaurreviews has made a video of the 1:18 Velociraptor figure:

The visible pins aren't great but the figure still looks very good to me.  The tiny painted teeth are impressive!

Fembrogon

I received my shipping notice for the 1:18 figures today; woohoo!

The figures are looking pretty great from the photos and videos so far.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Fembrogon on August 03, 2022, 05:02:33 PMI received my shipping notice for the 1:18 figures today; woohoo!

The figures are looking pretty great from the photos and videos so far.

Me too! I've got some older figures coming with them, very excited!

Sure, they're not perfect, but I'm fine with it, especially with how small these are.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: