News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Forum changes

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Avatars are now integrated across the entire forum.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Are bookmarks no longer an option?

DinoToyForum

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Thanks for the info!

DinoToyForum

I noticed that images in signatures were no longer shrinking to fit on mobile devices following the forum upgrade, so I've corrected this. Signature images should now shrink to fit again.

Concavenator

Hey, is it possible to discard one or several drafts?

DinoToyForum

Sure, isn't there a 'delete' button next to each post in the draft section of your profile?
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showdrafts

Concavenator

Thank you!  avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum Wasn't aware of that particular section.

Halichoeres

I'm curious, with the introduction of the 'like' button, has there been any change in the number of comments posts receive? Any evidence that likes are substituting for comments?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

That's an interesting thought. The stats are here if anybody is interested: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?action=stats Just eyeballing the tallies there may well be a slight drop-off in the number of monthly new posts, although that seems to go back to March, before the upgrade, so it could just be a coincidence. And there are typically fewer posts in the summer months anyway.

SidB

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 11, 2022, 11:47:42 AMThat's an interesting thought. The stats are here if anybody is interested: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?action=stats Just eyeballing the tallies there may well be a slight drop-off in the number of monthly new posts, although that seems to go back to March, before the upgrade, so it could just be a coincidence. And there are typically fewer posts in the summer months anyway.
I find stats kind of fascinating, especially ones that are historically oriented, so thanks for pointing out these numbers. Mark Twain is the one , I believe, who said that there are three kind of lies: lies. damn lies and statistics. But I do believe that these stats show that the DTB/DTF is pretty healthy and dynamic. I do wish that a higher percent of members would actively participate on a more regular basis though.

Halichoeres

Thanks, I'd forgotten how much was available in the stats section! It does seem like the year-over-year post count is down a bit: June 2022 has 800 fewer posts than June 2021, and July 2022 has 700 fewer posts than July 2021. The differences between June/July 2021 and June/July 2020 are much smaller, however, and in fact July 2021 had more posts than July 2020.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

suspsy

We need a "New for 2023" subforum. We've already got all the Schleich reveals and before we know it, it'll be November and the CollectA reveals will commence!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on August 27, 2022, 02:04:44 PMWe need a "New for 2023" subforum. We've already got all the Schleich reveals and before we know it, it'll be November and the CollectA reveals will commence!

Thanks for the reminder, done: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?board=41.0

Halichoeres

DinoToyForum

suspsy

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 27, 2022, 03:56:53 PM
Quote from: suspsy on August 27, 2022, 02:04:44 PMWe need a "New for 2023" subforum. We've already got all the Schleich reveals and before we know it, it'll be November and the CollectA reveals will commence!

Thanks for the reminder, done: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?board=41.0

Awesome, thank you, except I don't see the Schleich thread in there.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

triceratops83

As someone who has never used social media or any forums other than this one, how does the "Like" button work? I clicked on it in someone's post but it switched to "Dislike" and now I'm not sure if I accidentally disapproved of the comment. I don't want to click on it again in case I become some sort of "Forum Grinch".
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SidB

Quote from: triceratops83 on September 28, 2022, 01:18:18 AMAs someone who has never used social media If
Quote from: triceratops83 on September 28, 2022, 01:18:18 AMAs someone who has never used social media or any forums other than this one, how does the "Like" button work? I clicked on it in someone's post but it switched to "Dislike" and now I'm not sure if I accidentally disapproved of the comment. I don't want to click on it again in case I become some sort of "Forum Grinch".
or any forums other than this one, how does the "Like" button work? I clicked on it in someone's post but it switched to "Dislike" and now I'm not sure if I accidentally disapproved of the comment. I don't want to click on it again in case I become some sort of "Forum Grinch".
When you click "Like", your choice is registered as such. The reason that "Dislike " appears is to give you the option to change your choice. You will see a confirmation beneath that stating that you liked the comment itself.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: