News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bread’s Newly Acquired Customs

Started by Bread, August 29, 2022, 05:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Not sure why I haven't shared this beauty yet but I believe it (and all future custom figures I purchase from artists) deserve its own thread!

Behold, PNSO's Yutyrannus.
Modifications and Paint Done By:dinosaur_models_artworks (instagram user)

This photos don't do this figure justice! It is quite a beauty and almost looks alive in hand! I'll probably re-do these photos at some point.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the colorscheme is based on Gabriel U.'s Yutyrannus artwork (serpenillus IG username).

Halichoeres

That's a winner. Really looks good with the teeth covered and the gray pajamas.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dusty Wren

Gorgeous custom, Bread. The subtle spotting on the neck feathers is such a nice detail. I've always liked Gabriel's interpretations of Yutyrannus.
Check out my customs thread!

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 29, 2022, 05:26:29 PMThat's a winner. Really looks good with the teeth covered and the gray pajamas.
Yes, thank you!

Quote from: Dusty Wren on August 29, 2022, 05:36:39 PMGorgeous custom, Bread. The subtle spotting on the neck feathers is such a nice detail. I've always liked Gabriel's interpretations of Yutyrannus.
Yes, thank you as well! I've always been a fan of Gabriel's artwork, and his Yutyrannus is one of my favorites. Plus, dinosaur_models_artworks did a fantastic job replicating his artwork onto this figure! It's almost alive :o

TooOldForDinosaurs

Fabulous figure. Really fitting color choice as well.  :) I have stumbled over this artist before and went through his works in awe. Do you know where they are located? I'm genuinely thinking about getting a custom from this artist too, but it kind of depends on the shipping cost if I'm really going to go through with it...  :'(

Bread

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on August 29, 2022, 06:56:21 PMFabulous figure. Really fitting color choice as well.  :) I have stumbled over this artist before and went through his works in awe. Do you know where they are located? I'm genuinely thinking about getting a custom from this artist too, but it kind of depends on the shipping cost if I'm really going to go through with it...  :'(
I believe the artists is located in Spain. Shipping was like $40 :o

SidB

Impressive, of course, avatar_Bread @Bread . BTW, does the jaw articulation still work?

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Bread @Bread I see, thank you!

Bread

Quote from: SidB on August 30, 2022, 12:52:59 PMImpressive, of course, avatar_Bread @Bread . BTW, does the jaw articulation still work?
Yes! I forgot to show that. The artists has quite a few PNSO models with the addition of lips and all have working jaws. Me personally, I like displaying therapods with closed or semi open mouths, seems more natural to me.

I'll add and remove some of the bad quality photos soon.

SidB

I too, avatar_Bread @Bread prefer to display them that way, aestheically and for the sake of realism. However, it's nice to have the option of a gaping mouth occasionally. Also, closed mouths keep the dust out, just like keeping our mouths closed keeps the flies out!

Rain

Looks amazing, the addition of lips alone makes the figure look far more realistic. I'd love to commission a PNSO Zhuchengtyrannus but...

Quote from: Bread on August 30, 2022, 11:21:30 AMI believe the artists is located in Spain. Shipping was like $40 :o

...that shipping cost is scary

Bread

Quote from: Rain on August 30, 2022, 03:51:45 PMLooks amazing, the addition of lips alone makes the figure look far more realistic. I'd love to commission a PNSO Zhuchengtyrannus but...

Quote from: Bread on August 30, 2022, 11:21:30 AMI believe the artists is located in Spain. Shipping was like $40 :o

...that shipping cost is scary
I was close to commission for Zhuchentyrannus but then Rebor's Kiss is just too good. Although would look great, and I recommend you taking a look at his Zhuchengtyrannus repaint, it's a beauty.

But yes the shipping price is scary; however, how he does this is by having you pay him to buy the figure (lana's shop most of the time), wait for that to arrive, usually takes a week or so, then has you pay him for his work he puts in, week or so later pay for shipping. Again this is just based on the Yutyrannus he did for me, plus it varies.

Currently, he has another commission from me, I won't say what it is :) but he says there is a long wait list.

Bread

Not a custom, but a custom compared to Rebor's Kiss the Tyrannosaurus? Yes indeed this was much needed!

Love this duo!

Halichoeres

They do make a pretty good pair.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

KeU

Makes sense that you want your favorite dinosaur to be perfect.
And what a mod it is.
Congrats.

Bread

Took some more photos of the Yutyrannus + better lighting. Also, Rebor's Kiss headshots, plus I am starting to notice the bottom jaw is starting to slip open...

Note: It has yet to be open. *As of this post*

KeU

My Kiss has the same issue. There is a tiniest of gap now for the jaws.

Bokisaurus

Aha! So your one of the people who got or commission some of these models!🤣
I love his work and follow him on Instagram.

Bread

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 08, 2022, 12:18:58 AMAha! So your one of the people who got or commission some of these models!🤣
I love his work and follow him on Instagram.
Yes!!! Love his work as well! I've been able to save up some money to have him do some commissions.

I have a few more on the way soon. Stay tuned. :o

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: