You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

Quote from: dinodamage on August 29, 2022, 08:39:31 AMalright so I must ask- this is going to be available after pre-orders, right...? More production runs? With how folks are talking about this I'm like shoot, did I miss out for good or something haha

No, as far as we've seen REBOR only does an initial production run and then stops producing the figures entirely. Their old products haven't ever been restocked by retailers and REBOR has explicitly stated they don't have any plans to produce more of these two rexes.

Grimbeard

I have received my Kiss today and I really impressed with this one, the sculpt, paintjob style and application is awesome, easily the best figure Rebor has ever produced in my oppinion.

The mouth of mine shuts perfectly, the tail was quite hard to get into place, but i followed avatar_Duna @Duna trick with the olive oil and it worked great,i can really recommend it for anyone having trouble with fittin the tail in.

Face off with mesozoic rhapsody, past vs present, around 100 years of research between two of my favorite models

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Grimbeard on August 29, 2022, 06:13:45 PMI have received my Kiss today and I really impressed with this one, the sculpt, paintjob style and application is awesome, easily the best figure Rebor has ever produced in my oppinion.

The mouth of mine shuts perfectly, the tail was quite hard to get into place, but i followed avatar_Duna @Duna trick with the olive oil and it worked great,i can really recommend it for anyone having trouble with fittin the tail in.

:D I can absolutely double your words. I got it today, because they missed me on Saturday. Used Olive Oil aswell. Super easy and gets the soft parts into another. This Figure is so heavy. Of course everyone writes it, but well. It is really heavy and detailed. It is way more detailed than the PNSOs i have. Not that they are the best of teh Best, but they managed to form a new Standard withing the higher priced Massproduced Figures/Toys. Absolute Unit. I  have no real Place for it at the Moment. But wow. It is worth every Penny. The almost perfect T. rex Figure for me. Almost Perfect, because i am not the biggest fan of the reddish Body, but the Paintapplication is just on point and well done. The washes were used really good and fine. I am glad, i gave Winter Wilson a pass.

I would loved it a tad smaller, but thats okay. Great work, Rebor. My first Rebor in Years.

Faelrin

Very much glad to see everyone recommending using some olive oil, and that it helped, especially when it comes time to getting mine in hand, as I imagine my lack of strength, will cause it to be troublesome. Though I likely won't assemble the tail until I have a new address (with my bookcase display back and out of storage).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Kapitaenosavrvs

A smol Picture, because i am happy about this Purchase.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Rain on August 29, 2022, 04:02:17 PM
Quote from: dinodamage on August 29, 2022, 08:39:31 AMalright so I must ask- this is going to be available after pre-orders, right...? More production runs? With how folks are talking about this I'm like shoot, did I miss out for good or something haha

No, as far as we've seen REBOR only does an initial production run and then stops producing the figures entirely. Their old products haven't ever been restocked by retailers and REBOR has explicitly stated they don't have any plans to produce more of these two rexes.

That said they could switch color schemes and make another run of them. Then it would alternate colors and not the exact same item.

ceratopsian

Indeed you are not!

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 29, 2022, 09:54:26 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on August 29, 2022, 08:52:20 AM
Quote from: SRF on August 28, 2022, 04:59:22 PM....... Mine is impossible to pose with its jaw wide open and it doesn't close completely either anymore, which it did at first.

Unfortunately I belong to a small minority and I'm glad that there are still resin models.

..you're not alone..  ;D

Darko2300

Dear God people, stop using olive oil. Get a silicone lubricant if you need something - olive oil will turn rancid over time.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Darko2300 on August 30, 2022, 06:38:21 PMDear God people, stop using olive oil. Get a silicone lubricant if you need something - olive oil will turn rancid over time.

Yes, i know that, but wasn't sure if i have grease that works good longterm with silicone. But a good hint in general.

Duna

Quote from: Darko2300 on August 30, 2022, 06:38:21 PMDear God people, stop using olive oil. Get a silicone lubricant if you need something - olive oil will turn rancid over time.
That's not true at all. Vegetable oils can be used and are used as lubricants for many kinds of rubber. While some mineral lubricants or petrolatum based oils could damage the soft rubber and this is more accentuated with the higher the temperature. You have to be sure of what you are using. That's why I use what I know is safe.

Remko

For the collectors in Europe, Modellpferdeversand still has Kiss and Tusk available.

https://modellpferdeversand.de/REBOR-160932-1-35-Tyrannosaurus-rex-KISS-Mountain-Ver-1_1

I was planning to wait a while, but seeying they sell out rapidly, I just ordered Kiss.

Over9K

Man, Happy Hen Toys does NOT mess around! I ordered after midnight Saturday night, and I got the email that my order had shipped before noon on Monday! Kiss should arrive on my porch tomorrow morning (Wed)!

Duna

I've just received my bases for Kiss (such a wonderful figure deserves it). I bought them in https://modellpferdeversand.de It's my first time buying from them but totally recommendable and quick shipment. You can use at least 3 positions of the tyrannosaurus on the base, as you want. The 100% stable is the one with the trunk resting on the right leg.

Over9K

Kiss arrived from Happy Hen Toys, and they slipped a little gift in the box, REBOR's Stan the baby Velociraptor!

Kiss is really a magnificent figure. The proportions are just so 'right', much better than Winter Wilson, which feels a little lean aft of the hips.

The mouth on mine closes fully and stays closed, and installing the tail went pretty easy, no lube or cutting. The seam is still a little evident, and I will probably trim the plug and glue the tail on, to minimize the seam as much as possible.

I will say the abrupt color change at the tail joint is a bit of a bummer. The tail really is a completely different color than the body. It really wouldn't be that big of a deal, if not for the fact that previous to now REBOR has been truly amazing at these detachable tails and color matching the paint, making this one just a bit of a let down. 

Overall I give Kiss a nine out of ten, despite the paint issues.

ceratopsian

Such a shame about the tail join - but much more of a shame about the way the paint on the tail is so different.  That difference really does make the tail look like it doesn't quite belong to the same animal.  But I'm sure there are plenty of display angles to minimise the poor match.

Over9K

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 02, 2022, 08:00:49 AMSuch a shame about the tail join - but much more of a shame about the way the paint on the tail is so different.  That difference really does make the tail look like it doesn't quite belong to the same animal.  But I'm sure there are plenty of display angles to minimise the poor match.

When I unboxed it, I initially wondered if I had gotten a "Tusk" tail by accident, the difference is that stark.

SidB

Seems to me that a partial repaint of the tail is in order by a skilled hand.

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on August 31, 2022, 01:13:56 AMMan, Happy Hen Toys does NOT mess around! I ordered after midnight Saturday night, and I got the email that my order had shipped before noon on Monday! Kiss should arrive on my porch tomorrow morning (Wed)!
Mine will arrive later this afternoon from Happy Hen Toys. 

Makes me wonder, why in the hell does BBTS not have their shipments yet?

Bread

Just acquired Kiss! I was too excited to roll out the white back drop for this figure.

Let me list the few things of my variant.
- Not going to ever open the mouth.
- Arms are stuck in the position.
- Seamline on mine isn't too bad.
- It can stand without the support rod.

I love this thing!

I already shared the comparison with a custom PNSO Yutyrannus, but I thought I would show it here too. They somewhat work well together, Yutyrannus is a tad too small, but this will be my favorite forever duo.

Bread

Also, to add, Rebor's Kiss the Tyrannosaurus is backup for preorder on BBTS!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: