You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

Quote from: SRF on August 26, 2022, 08:31:20 AMFound Kiss and Tusk at a Dutch webshop so ordered Kiss right away. Still on the fence if I would like to get Tusk as well, but since I don't have to pay shipping costs I can always decide later.

Yes, at diermodel.nl, right? 8) Kiss is already sold out, though. If only they also sold PNSO too ;D

SRF

Quote from: JohannesB on August 26, 2022, 11:21:37 AM
Quote from: SRF on August 26, 2022, 08:31:20 AMFound Kiss and Tusk at a Dutch webshop so ordered Kiss right away. Still on the fence if I would like to get Tusk as well, but since I don't have to pay shipping costs I can always decide later.

Yes, at diermodel.nl, right? 8) Kiss is already sold out, though. If only they also sold PNSO too ;D

That's correct. I actually had the last one. Now I see that they also only have one Tusk in stock, so maybe they only had one of each?
But today, I'm just being father

JohannesB

Quote from: SRF on August 26, 2022, 05:04:52 PM
Quote from: JohannesB on August 26, 2022, 11:21:37 AM

That's correct. I actually had the last one. Now I see that they also only have one Tusk in stock, so maybe they only had one of each?

Strange if they only had one of each. Still, I think I want to hold off all purchases until after I get my Mesozoic Life Project Spinosaurus. In the meantime I am giving away my Papo Allosaurus, Stegosaurus and Running T-rex as a gift to a boy who adores dinosaurs but who I have never even met in person 8) - I just don't have the space for more anymore, and I need to create new - giving away as presents is the easiest and nicest way, IMHO ;D

SRF

That's always nice to do avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB. I'm soon running out of space myself because my home office needs to be converted into a bedroom for our second child, who is to be expected next February. But with two kids growing up it's not hard to decide what to do with dinosaur figures I no longer want to take up shelf space anyway. :)

Today I received Kiss and boy is this a hefty and impressive figure. It's big, commands attention and it does the Tyrant lizard king a lot of justice. It's only my second Rebor figure (the other one being the jungle variant of the Killer Queen Rex) and Rebor definitely has improved their products since that one came out.

However, when I finally had this figure in hand I didn't feel the same excitement I had when I unboxed Winter Wilson and also the PNSO Zhuchengtyrannus from this year. Yes it's a better T. Rex figure than those two in many regards, but it's still a typical Rebor product, which doesn't really do it for me I guess. Even when creating a scientific accurate T. Rex figure, Rebor manages to give it a lot of awesome bro vibes.

I really like the fact that it has lips. But some of the customised Wilson figures with lips I've seen are better than Kiss in my opinion. This month Bravomodels.mx posted a customised lipped version of PNSO's Tarbosaurus on their social media pages and to me that that's the best looking Tyrannosaurid figure ever.

Maybe Kiss has to grow on me and it's just the fact that this is the first figure I've purchased in a long time that's not from PNSO.

Faelrin

Heads up to anyone in the US that missed out on ordering Kiss but Happy Hen Toys now carries Rebor products:

https://www.happyhentoys.com/rebor-dinosaurs-online-store.html

So glad to see older models like the Stegosaurus and Tenontosaurus corpse available as well. After Kiss and the bases come in, and I get caught up on the Mattel stuff, and a few other things, I think I'll try to get my hands on those then.

Not sure if this site ships outside the EU but this one has Kiss in stock as well it seems:

https://modellpferdeversand.de/REBOR-Museum-Class-Replica_2
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Fenestra

Just received my handsome boy Kiss. What a beast! It's heavy!
Putting the tail in was a struggle and there still is a bit of a seam. More so than on the Rebor Stegosaurus tail.
That one was a perfect fit. Don't understand why this one can't be just like that? Stegosaurus was perfect engineering.
But damn, what a beautiful figure. No regrets. The overall precense/stance/attitude/face of this figure totally dillutes that tail seam.

No complaints here.
None.

Takama

Bread

I'm tempted but I already have the BBTS preorder, which for some reason still hasn't processed? Makes me worried not gonna lie.

Faelrin

avatar_Bread @Bread Yeah still waiting here as well. Been like a week now since the email went out. Hope it is merely a delay. In comparison, my Mattel HC T. rex got the email giving the heads up that it would be in stock, then the day later my card was charged.

Bread

Quote from: Faelrin on August 28, 2022, 04:29:38 AMavatar_Bread @Bread Yeah still waiting here as well. Been like a week now since the email went out. Hope it is merely a delay. In comparison, my Mattel HC T. rex got the email giving the heads up that it would be in stock, then the day later my card was charged.
Yeah, I've been tempted to just cancel it and order through Happy Hen Toys now... BBTS is pretty slow, but usually with my past preorders the email is sent followed by 2-3 days later my card is charged.

SRF

Okay so Kiss really is growing on me, the more I look at it the more it feels like the definitive T. Rex figure to me.

However I am worried about the quality of the articulated jaw. On the left side the lower jaw sticks out a bit, the joint looks like it  pops out. It doesn't seem like the joint is stuck and rips loose like avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking first Winter Wilson did, but the jaw definitely doesn't work flawlessly. I wonder how that is on other copies? Mine is impossible to pose with its jaw wide open and it doesn't close completely either anymore, which it did at first.

gnetum2015

Hello,
I got my Tusk three days ago.
It is a new dimension for Rebor, congratulation.
I also had proplems to fit the tail. It was a hard workout and at the end I had trouble in my ellbows - was a hard workout. But all I pressed, there was a space about 3 mm between body and tail. So at first I took a hair-dryer. The hair-dryer was the tool, which helped me to fit the tail of the Nanmu Apatosaurus - there it worked very well. But not at Tusk. So I used a scalpel. I worked milimeter after milimeter and at the end aI used also a saw. Time after time the space between body and tail become smaller and smaller. After a while it fitted great. Nontheless I used a two-component-gluer to fit the tail hardly. After that work I have a great modell. But it is inksom, that Tusk is some kind of model kit, you have to work on - otherwise you have a modell with much space between body and tail. For me it will be better, if Tusk would be a statue in one piece, also with a much bigger  package, in wich you can put tust in one piece with tail if you move house or something else. I know, that the shippings them would more expensive, but the modell would be better for me.
Apart from thet Tusk is a graet modell I will recommond well.

Over9K

Quote from: Faelrin on August 27, 2022, 08:36:19 PMHeads up to anyone in the US that missed out on ordering Kiss but Happy Hen Toys now carries Rebor products:

https://www.happyhentoys.com/rebor-dinosaurs-online-store.html

THANK YOU! I really appreciate the heads up on that!

I had to cancel my BBTS order a few weeks ago, while I was between jobs and unsure of finances going forward, and by the time I had solidified my new job situation, Kiss was sold out at BBTS. Thank goodness for Happy Hen and your heads up!

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on August 28, 2022, 01:27:40 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on August 28, 2022, 04:29:38 AMavatar_Bread @Bread Yeah still waiting here as well. Been like a week now since the email went out. Hope it is merely a delay. In comparison, my Mattel HC T. rex got the email giving the heads up that it would be in stock, then the day later my card was charged.
Yeah, I've been tempted to just cancel it and order through Happy Hen Toys now... BBTS is pretty slow, but usually with my past preorders the email is sent followed by 2-3 days later my card is charged.

The thing with BBTS is that you WILL get your order eventually. Happy Hen is quite a bit higher priced than BBTS, my Kiss order total was $80, including $11 shipping. If you're patient, and depending on your local sales tax, you could be getting Kiss for $20 less. I think that's worth waiting another week, or three.

I would not be surprised in the least if BBTS didn't ship until deep into September, 2nd/3rd week.

RobinGoodfellow

Both Kiss and Tusk are available (but at a much higher price) on Aliexpress by Jurassic Zoo Store and Pop Shack Store while Lana Time Shop have them on the Ebay store only.
As I said, prices are already high..  :-\

dinodamage

alright so I must ask- this is going to be available after pre-orders, right...? More production runs? With how folks are talking about this I'm like shoot, did I miss out for good or something haha

Faelrin

avatar_Over9K @Over9K Glad someone took notice of it and could benefit from it here.

postsaurischian

Quote from: SRF on August 28, 2022, 04:59:22 PM....... Mine is impossible to pose with its jaw wide open and it doesn't close completely either anymore, which it did at first.

Same here. I wish they would stop making articulated jaws and separate tails. I have never liked both. It's just not looking good.
On the other hand this specific figure is so beautiful otherwise that I could not resist. I might send it to Martin Garratt one day.
Unfortunately I belong to a small minority and I'm glad that there are still resin models.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 29, 2022, 08:52:20 AM
Quote from: SRF on August 28, 2022, 04:59:22 PM....... Mine is impossible to pose with its jaw wide open and it doesn't close completely either anymore, which it did at first.

Unfortunately I belong to a small minority and I'm glad that there are still resin models.

..you're not alone..  ;D

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on August 29, 2022, 06:39:30 AMThe thing with BBTS is that you WILL get your order eventually. Happy Hen is quite a bit higher priced than BBTS, my Kiss order total was $80, including $11 shipping. If you're patient, and depending on your local sales tax, you could be getting Kiss for $20 less. I think that's worth waiting another week, or three.

I would not be surprised in the least if BBTS didn't ship until deep into September, 2nd/3rd week.

I've had preorders canceled for unknown/known reasons by BBTS, that's what worries me. I don't want to scare others but I have had this happen to me numerous times.

I decided to support Happy Hen Toys with this one. Canceled my preorder with both the base and Kiss, simply because I no longer wanted the base, plus I rather not have to wait another month. I rather have it in hand, then let's say my preorder does get canceled then I have to hunt this figure down for higher than $80.

That's just my reasoning though, I am fine with spending an extra $20 having it a week or so ahead of BBTS expected rate.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: