News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludodactylus

That's a really tough call, avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi because I like each of them for different reasons. I think I could narrow it down to a tie between this Schleich figure and the CollectA version. I really like the posture, color and detailing of this Schleich figure, while I appreciate the smaller size of the CollectA figure (I just wish it had a paint-job to speak of!), and that's it's peaceful without having any of the "dopiness" that's so common with older figures of stegosaurs.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Pliosaurking

Nice new addition avatar_Ludodactylus @Ludodactylus
I have this figure and I got to say it's one of schleich's better figures

Duna

I do have that kentrosaurus, too in my main display, avatar_Ludodactylus @Ludodactylus It's one of Schleich's best figures along with the Dragorex and dinogorgon. The pose and colours are really nice.

Blackdanter

Quote from: Ludodactylus on September 09, 2022, 09:14:53 PMFirst new addition in a bit - the 2017 Schleich Kentrosaurus. A very attractive and animated sculpt, and my third Kentrosaurus, making it the most-represented genus in my collection.

I had no idea that Schleich had remodeled this figure! Mine looks like this.

Ludodactylus

That's a nice one too avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter - I kind of wish they'd kept the darker tips for the spikes instead of switching to a darker root.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Duna

avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter yours looks magnific too. I love the dark tip in the spikes. Mine was recently bought (about 2 years ago) and looks like the one from avatar_Ludodactylus @Ludodactylus so that must be the second paint version.

Ludodactylus

avatar_Duna @Duna i think it's an updated sculpt all together - the pose is similar but the head's at a different angle and the front limbs are positioned differently.

EmperorDinobot

I acquired this lot over a month ago, which has helped me complete my pre-Dominion collection. I am almost done digging through it, but these are the most notable finds.

As of right now, not counting Amber collection, basics, minis which I don't collect, or Captivz, some of which were included here, I am now only missing 12 figures. And they are:

4 pack Raptor Squad (I believe they were a Target exclusive pack), the green baby Brachiosaurus that comes with yet another Darius, Skorpios rex with Ken, Savage Strike Styracosaurus #2, Dennis Nedry w the Jeep and Dilophosaurus, the Rhamphorhynchus that has the red wings, Battle Damage Triceratops #2 (the yellow one), battle damage Proceratosaurus, battle damage Albertosaurus #2, and that's it.

Shonisaurus

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Magnificent acquisitions, they are quite cool articulated dinosaur figures. My congratulations.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 11, 2022, 07:44:24 AMavatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Magnificent acquisitions, they are quite cool articulated dinosaur figures. My congratulations.

Haha no thank the guy who got them first and then sold them to me for such a cheap price! He did all the dirty work, I just sent him my money! ;D

Lynx

Recently decided to become a completist of certain brands (Safari LTD, most of Carnegie, Papo) just as a start. And recently, once one of my holy grails, the Carnegie Diplodocus 2009 version, popped up on E-bay for around 48 dollars, and I managed to snatch it  ;D .

I'll get some pictures up in a bit
An oversized house cat.

SidB

Quote from: Lynx on September 13, 2022, 12:40:40 PMRecently decided to become a completist of certain brands (Safari LTD, most of Carnegie, Papo) just as a start. And recently, once one of my holy grails, the Carnegie Diplodocus 2009 version, popped up on E-bay for around 48 dollars, and I managed to snatch it  ;D .

I'll get some pictures up in a bit
Congrats, avatar_Lynx @Lynx . Those later Carnegies were predicted to become scarce and expensive, so that's a real bargain.

Faelrin

Many many thanks to avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres for having these shipped to him and holding them for a bit now, back when things were as shaky as they were throughout the year, regarding my housing situation. These arrived today.

I'm so impressed with the detail that O @Oammararak put into all of these, despite how tiny they are (like coin sized I guess). And the game box is hefty too. I'll probably open that fully and get more images of that tomorrow. Spent quite a bit of time unwrapping all those little figures.

That said, there were a few that had broken. I think 5 in total had issues, and no parts lost that couldn't be repaired with some glue I think. The Spriggina I ordered was also missing, and instead there was a duplicate Fractofusus in its place. Everything else was accounted for however, which was nice considering I ordered 100 figures in total. I'm fully tempted to order more, but well that's assuming it is possible to still do so, and it wouldn't be for some time anyways with some of the catching up I want to do still.

After much repositioning:

Here is the entire list of everything I ordered for those interested (and notes of everything obtained, and issues):
Spoiler
CoreGame - LIFE: Evolution × 1

Ediacaran (x20):
~#4 Parvancorina
~#5 Yorgia
~#11 Keretsa
#12 Spriggina (missing)
~#17 Tribrachidium
~#18 Mawsonites
~#19 Obamus
~#22 Fractofusus (w/ duplicate)
~#24 Kimberella
~#25 Dickinsonia
~#28 Charnia
~#33 Rangea
~#34 Funisia
~#35 Bradgatia
~#36 Thectardis
~#37 Cloudina
~#39 Corumbella
~#40 Haootia (broken tentacle thing)
~#41 Ausia
~#43 Inaria

Cambrian (x20):
~#50 Waptia
~#52 Skeemella
~#54 Isoxys
~#61 Burgessia
~#63 Emeraldella
~#72 Peachella
~#75 Elrathia
~#76 Paradoxides
~#77 Eldonia
~#78 Heliomedusa
~#79 Haplophrentis
~#81 Choia
~#93 Aysheaia
~#105 Nectocaris
~#110 Pirania
~#112 Herpetogaster
~#114 Dinomischus
~#115 Dendrograptus
~#118 Hurdia
~#120 Laggania

Ordovician (x20):
~#125 Neoasaphasus
~#126 Onnia
~#132 Triarthrus
~#136 Ampyx
~#137 Isotelus
~#138 Furca
~#141 Pleurocystites
~#143 Halysites
~#144 Favosites
~#145 Isorophus
~#146 Arandaspis
~#147 Sacabambaspis
~#148 Astraspis
~#149 Conodont
~#150 Promissum
~#152 Estonioceras
~#153 Cyrtoceras
~#155 Megalograptus (broken paddle)
~#156 Aegirocassis
~#157 Cameroceras

Silurian (x20):
~#162 Mimetaster
~#163 Brachyopterus
~#164 Furcacauda (snapped off base)
~#166 Thelodus
~#167 Phlebolepis
~#176 Boreaspis
~#177 Doryaspis
~#180 Birkenia
~#181 Pharyngolepis
~#182 Jamoytius
~#186 Ischnacanthus (snapped off base)
~#192 Climatius (snapped off base)
~#194 Parexus
~#195 Ainiktozoon
~#196 Offacolus
~#197 Hughmilleria
~#202 Cooksonia
~#207 Petalocrinus
~#212 Mixopterus
~#213 Carcinosoma

Devonian (x20):
~#215 Harpes
~#217 Dicranurus
~#220 Walliserops
~#224 Schinderhannes
~#228 Adelophthalmus
~#233 Cheirolepis
~#234 Gemuendina
~#235 Drepanaspis
~#236 Rhinopteraspis
~#237 Lunaspis
~#240 Rolfosteus
~#243 Romundina
~#245 Coccosteus
~#246 Diplacanthus
~#247 Pituriaspsis
~#249 Clymenia
~#262 Cupressocrinites
~#264 Tiktaalik
~#265 Hyneria
~#268 Titanichthys

[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Yesterday was a good day indeed. REBOR's Kiss and Tusk arrived along with their new bases. Great to finally have these hefty beasts in the collection.

PNSO's "Sinopliosaurus" also arrived. Another solid figure but it's hard for it not to be overshadowed by the REBOR arrivals.

Shonisaurus

What a luxury of acquisitions, they are quality dinosaurs! I admire you. The quality of a product is almost normal that it is always with high prices and that is what happens with companies with Rebor or PNSO. High quality companies. Congratulations.

Faelrin

Well my Rebor T. rex Kiss and Mattel HC T. rex arrived today as well. I'll have more images in the Rebor thread and my collection thread shortly.

Edit: I apologize for the mess as well.

SidB

Finally got in my Safari order from Dan's this week. Had been waiting for the rex from January, but, of course, Dan had been waiting through all the long months of 2022 for his inventory to arrive from the manufacturer, so no complaint. It was worth it - great figures and at a very, very affordable price, compared with my PNSO's. The small errors in painting around and in the mouths of the Tyrannosaurus and Albertosaurus (a common Safari issue) were no problem, easily corrected my myself with a judicious application of properly matched paint. For the price, that wasn't an issue with me.

Flaffy

Been eyeing the Hirokazu Tokugawa Drepanaspis for a good couple of years now. Not sure why I didn't purchase it until now.
Very glad I finally got my hands on this cute little thing, and IMO the best Drepanaspis on the market (well... there's only two others, but still!)

Looking forward to using it as my new lucky-charm! ;D

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Do you have more info on that? Like material, how rare, etc? Kind of want that now. It looks very nice.

Flaffy

Quote from: Faelrin on September 17, 2022, 05:22:09 PMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Do you have more info on that? Like material, how rare, etc? Kind of want that now. It looks very nice.

Resin. Not sure how rare, just an obscure product that not a lot of people have, probably. Made by the Japanese paleoartist Hirokazu Tokugawa, who I also believe is responsible for a couple Favorite Co. sculpts. It actually is a keychain, and comes with a cute little woven string for that purpose. I simply untied the string to achieve a standalone model.

The "Netsuke" (keychain) series includes:
- Anomalochelys  ¥2500
- Drepanosaurus  ¥3000 - 3500
- Drepanaspis  ¥2500
- Gerrothorax  ¥3000 - 3500
- Henodus  ¥3000
- Lycaenops  ¥2500

The Henodus is out of stock unfortunately, and he's said that there are currently no plans to reproduce that particular model.

Here's his shop link: http://www.afragi.net/e.shop.html

I believe avatar_brettnj @brettnj offered to aid in purchasing models from this artist a while back. Would certainly save some trouble importing it yourself.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: