News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter that Dunkleosteus is a knockoff of the ThinkArt resin model, which I reviewed for the blog: https://dinotoyblog.com/2020/12/22/dunkleosteus-like-hobby-by-thinkart/
I think at this point more knockoffs have been sold than the original, although I think the original is still available from the seller: https://www.facebook.com/likehobbies/about
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pachyrhinosaurus

Some of my latest arrivals:

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blackdanter

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 21, 2022, 03:55:09 PMavatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter that Dunkleosteus is a knockoff of the ThinkArt resin model, which I reviewed for the blog: https://dinotoyblog.com/2020/12/22/dunkleosteus-like-hobby-by-thinkart/
I think at this point more knockoffs have been sold than the original, although I think the original is still available from the seller: https://www.facebook.com/likehobbies/about

Thanks Halichoeres. How random is that? I don't collect resin figures unfortunately (too many cats in the house!) but I'll have a look at the site.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 21, 2022, 07:45:22 PMSome of my latest arrivals:

Nice! I have those too! Not something you see very often.

ceratopsian

My pair of Rebor bases arrived today from Everything Dinosaur.  The Rebor box was a bit battered and the tree trunk had punctured the side at some point.  I think the card is too thin and perhaps the box is a bit too wide, allowing the the contents to jiggle round. But my bases are both perfect - ED are checking the contents before sending out.  Really like the bases and I'm looking forward to experimenting who should occupy them!

UK

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 23, 2022, 04:25:33 PMMy pair of Rebor bases arrived today from Everything Dinosaur.  The Rebor box was a bit battered and the tree trunk had punctured the side at some point.  I think the card is too thin and perhaps the box is a bit too wide, allowing the the contents to jiggle round. But my bases are both perfect - ED are checking the contents before sending out.  Really like the bases and I'm looking forward to experimenting who should occupy them!

My Rebor Kiss arrived today from avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur too. Good service as always but like your bases, my box box was damaged too. Guess Rebor are reducing packaging costs and they are taking punishment in the post despite excellent and careful packaging by avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur.

Must say, not as impressed as others by the figure, it probably will take time to grow on me. Much prefer the two retro figures they produced.

Roselaar

Picked up a few nice souvenirs at the Brussels Natural Sciences Museum:

SidB

JohannesB

I just wanted a hardcover version of this classic. (I still remember buying my first copy, a softcover, in 1991. I loaned it to someone - of course it never returned..)  It turned out to be a first edition (maybe even first printing, but I'm not sure). It is a discarded library book (and, I guess, therefore not expensive), but it looks fine!

P.S. A tip. I did the following to my own book, and it worked very well (see second picture): if you want to remove any (paper) stickers from other paper surface, like on this book's dust jacket, you continually apply some thinner on the sticker itself, for example with a cotton swab/Q-tip, until the adhesive dissolves a bit, and then the sticker can be removed quite easily. I don't know if it is necessary here, but just to be sure, a WARNING! Be careful to do this in a well-ventilated area (or outside), since thinner is toxic. Also, use gloves. And of course, children should only do this under the guidance of an adult - if ever.)

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia now that's a sight for sore eyes. I never got the vehicle. I have a bunch of them though. If I ever go back, I'm going to splurge on those figures, provided that they still make them.

Libraraptor

Very cool, avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB! I remember seeing this hardcover in a school library in Ohio back in 1996 and how my host parents gave me a softcover after I had told them how much I liked that book. Although it is outdated, it is still one of the most important books in the history of dinosaur palaeontology.

Thialfi

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 21, 2022, 07:45:22 PMSome of my latest arrivals:

What are these exactly? I have never seen them before.

MLMjp

And that rounds up the three figures I wanted from the Hammond Collection, until future releases. And Lex.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Thialfi on September 26, 2022, 05:13:29 PM

What are these exactly? I have never seen them before.

The Carnotaurus is from a set of dinosaur figurines sold in Dinoland U.S.A. at Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World. They're based on the Dinosaur ride there. The vehicle is a small replica of the 'time rover' ride vehicle. Though upon closer inspection, the one in avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus's post looks slightly different than the one I have.

Thialfi

Thanks avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia! That Carnotaurus is such a charming little figure.

Pliosaurking

I have that ceratopsian kicking around somewhere...

Faelrin

Got this huge haul of Japanese figures today, and major thanks to avatar_brettnj @brettnj and his sources for all the help with obtaining these. Cannot recommend him enough when it comes to Japanese figures. Got a mix of Kaiyodo, Eikoh, Takara Tomy, etc in here. From all three major eras of life on Earth. Paleozoic, Mesozoic, and Cenozoic. Granted one is a set I technically already had, just in different colorations, but sometimes I can't pass up a nice repaint (which I've done plenty of times with Mattel's offerings).

In total I got the:
-Access Toys 3D Dinosaur Pictorial Book set (Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Kamuysaurus, Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus, Deinocheirus, and Amargasaurus)
-Eikoh Miniature Planet Archelon, Arsinoitherium, Dinornis, Megaloceros, Meiolania, Platybelodon, Synthetoceras, and Titanis
-Kaiyodo Dakotaraptor, Hydrodamalis/Steller's Sea Cow, Ornithomimus, Platybelodon, and Thylacosmilus
-Takara Tomy ARTS Ancient Seas set Anomalocaris, Archelon w/ ammonite, coelacanth, Dunkleosteus, eurypterid, trilobite
-Takara Tomy ARTS Jurassic Park set Brachiosaurus, hatchling Velociraptor, Spinosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus
-Takara Tomy ARTS raptors set Pyroraptor
-Takara Tomy ARTS mini Gacha machine

I only had a few things that needed assembling, but most is done, or didn't need assembling such as the Eikoh figures. Really impressed many of those Eikoh figures came in plastic shells to prevent warping as well.

I'll try to get more detailed images of all of these in my room tomorrow, when I have some daylight to work with. And maybe finish assembling a few that were giving me trouble tonight perhaps.

Edit: All figures assembled now, with up close pics and some of my thoughts on each:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5078.msg328817#msg328817
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

TooOldForDinosaurs

Would love to get one of those Eikoh Archelons myself but the effort and cost just to get one small figure like that shipped out to me are... :-[

BlueKrono

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on September 27, 2022, 07:52:41 PMWould love to get one of those Eikoh Archelons myself but the effort and cost just to get one small figure like that shipped out to me are... :-[

avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs Would you like one? I have a spare.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

TooOldForDinosaurs

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: