You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Diplodocus carnegii "CATCH THE RAINBOW" & "STARGAZER"

Started by GojiraGuy1954, May 07, 2022, 01:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

CATCH THE RAINBOW Plain (F)

STARGAZER Plain (M)

Development
Spoiler
Initial Announcement 3D Computer Model Sculpt
Spoiler

[close]

Development Images
Spoiler

[close]

Final Computer Sculpt
Spoiler

[close]

Prototype Physical Sculpt
Spoiler

Static
Spoiler

[close]

Posed
Spoiler

[close]
[close]

Painted Prototype
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Bread

Assuming that Rebor will have a removal tail and possibly the neck up too, they need to fix that neck posture. As mentioned in the Eofauna thread, shouldn't the Diplodocus neck be more reared up?

Otherwise, I am really curious about the final product. I just want them to finish the Deinosuchus and Sarcosuchus first though.

Pliosaurking

Quote from: Bread on May 07, 2022, 02:25:46 AM

Otherwise, I am really curious about the final product. I just want them to finish the Deinosuchus and Sarcosuchus first though.
I share the exact same opinion

KrazyKaprosuchus

Assuming that Rebor will have a removal tail and possibly the neck up too, they need to fix that neck posture. As mentioned in the Eofauna thread, shouldn't the Diplodocus neck be more reared up?
The neck will be bendable, so we can change the posture ourselves. I do have my worries about how the material will hold up with that in mind though...

Over9K

Quote from: KrazyKaprosuchus on May 07, 2022, 03:20:50 AM
The neck will be bendable, so we can change the posture ourselves. I do have my worries about how the material will hold up with that in mind though...

REBOR's Theropod tails seem to be holding up fine. My Vanilla Ice tails are still fine 3+ years on. I haven't heard anyone saying their tails have begun to deteriorate.

I know that Titanaboa Monty is having issues with rapid deterioration in some examples, cracking the most prominent damage seen, but let's not forget that Monty was different material than their Theropod tails, and the entire Monty project was an experiment in material development.

Currently, all we have seen is the standard blank T-pose. Hopefully, they will give Dippy the accurate neck up angle as the default pose, just to be the first company to do so, and continue the trend started with Kiss/Tusk.

Shonisaurus

Although that is not yet agreed upon by Rebor I guess the diplodocus (when finished) will be more detachable than its tyrannosaurus or stegosaurus counterparts as it will be a huge figure, we still have the first truly massive sauropod made by Rebor to rival the PNSO figures , W-Dragon or Nanmu Studio. Rebor now mass-produces many figures, he doesn't know which one to choose.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on May 07, 2022, 11:03:22 AM
Quote from: KrazyKaprosuchus on May 07, 2022, 03:20:50 AM

REBOR's Theropod tails seem to be holding up fine. My Vanilla Ice tails are still fine 3+ years on. I haven't heard anyone saying their tails have begun to deteriorate.

I know that Titanaboa Monty is having issues with rapid deterioration in some examples, cracking the most prominent damage seen, but let's not forget that Monty was different material than their Theropod tails, and the entire Monty project was an experiment in material development.

Currently, all we have seen is the standard blank T-pose. Hopefully, they will give Dippy the accurate neck up angle as the default pose, just to be the first company to do so, and continue the trend started with Kiss/Tusk.

I haven't noticed any issues with my Carnotaurus, Vastatosaurus, Alien Rex, ect.. tails either. But they do have limited mobility. Not the super flexibility of the Titanoboa..which seems a better fit for a Diplodocus? Idk, I'd happy just being able to pose the tail tip a bit and the head/neck a little.

Concavenator

All these good Diplodocus figures over the years, and still no sight of a truly good, up to date Apatosaurus. I guess it will come eventually, it's one of the most famous dinosaurs, but it's clearly overshadowed in fame in comparison to Diplodocus (and also Brontosaurus, even more since the name got reaccepted in 2015).

If I asked random people what an Apatosaurus is, they'd probably guess it is some sort of dinosaur, based on the name. If I ask them what a Diplodocus is, I'm sure the majority of them would guess it's a dinosaur, despite the lack of "saurus" in the name.

Bread

Quote from: Concavenator on May 11, 2022, 07:06:09 PM
All these good Diplodocus figures over the years, and still no sight of a truly good, up to date Apatosaurus. I guess it will come eventually, it's one of the most famous dinosaurs, but it's clearly overshadowed in fame in comparison to Diplodocus (and also Brontosaurus, even more since the name got reaccepted in 2015).

If I asked random people what an Apatosaurus is, they'd probably guess it is some sort of dinosaur, based on the name. If I ask them what a Diplodocus is, I'm sure the majority of them would guess it's a dinosaur, despite the lack of "saurus" in the name.
With the appearance of Apatosaurus in JW, I too am shocked that we have yet to get an up to date figure. Then again, sauropods, like Apatosaurus, get the Carcharodontosaurs treatment.

Carnoking

Looks like a mold has been made and test runs already cast. REBOR are on a roll! Is it weird that I prefer the sculpt of this one to Eofauna's?

Faelrin

Curious to see how this will compare with Eofauna's. Glad to see more progress on this one though. Also is that a new color variation of the recent Carnotaurus? Gives me JPIII Ceratosaurus vibes.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Honestly the colors really have to "wow" me with this one to justify a purchase.

For those who don't use facebook:

Edit: Also, where the hell is this Carnotaurus repaint seen here we've been expecting for quite some time now?!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on September 22, 2022, 03:36:02 AMHonestly the colors really have to "wow" me with this one to justify a purchase.

Edit: Also, where the hell is this Carnotaurus repaint seen here we've been expecting for quite some time now?!

its pretty good sized i'll give it that. interested to see the finished product.

lol apparently its right there in the studio.  There are a lot of repaints we are missing though..still waiting on those Primal Rage ones..

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on September 22, 2022, 03:36:02 AMEdit: Also, where the hell is this Carnotaurus repaint seen here we've been expecting for quite some time now?!

Agreed 100%, I want them both. The C.rex is in my Top 3 REBOR figure GOATs.

Over9K

I just realized something. That Carnotaurus is 16" inches long, and it doesn't even take up the whole tail. The tail alone might be 18"! The whole thing might be 36", THREE FEET!

EDIT: Ok, I did a quick and dirty, non-scientific size comparison, using the photo and I'll revise my length estimate to 34", still a massive figure!!

SenSx

I hope we still get the Deinosuchus by the end of the year  :'(
Very curious about the Sarcosuchus as well, I would like to see it painted  :D

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 22, 2022, 05:27:29 AM
Quote from: Bread on September 22, 2022, 03:36:02 AMHonestly the colors really have to "wow" me with this one to justify a purchase.

its pretty good sized i'll give it that. interested to see the finished product.

lol apparently its right there in the studio.  There are a lot of repaints we are missing though..still waiting on those Primal Rage ones..

No kidding, I need that Sauron variant!

ceratopsian

At that size a Diplodocus is just too big for easy display.  And I fear it will have a very obvious tail join in order to facilitate packaging/postage.  It would need to be wonderful indeed to tempt me, as I'm happy with my fairly recent Eofauna purchase.

Flaffy

Considering how "well" Monty Titanoboa's rubber held up to posing, I'm not too confident in this new offering.

Lynx

To be fair to REBOR, Monty is a pretty old figure and I doubt they will repeat that major mistake again, + it may be a stiffer material.

I've always been a pretty big fan of REBOR, it's cool to see them improve, and I have high hopes for them! I wish them the best on their current projects.
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: