News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

Carnoking

That was quick, could have sworn they were shooting for late November. Welcome news all the same.

Edit: Makes me wonder if the Carnotaurus duo is far behind. If I recall correctly, those were also slated for November.

need4swede

Quote from: blnadal on September 28, 2022, 04:54:27 PMreleased

So....who's gonna tell BBTS?

Also, looks like they have more stock now?
- Swede

Carnoking

Even so, I have a sinking suspicion we'll be waiting till 2023 anyway  :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on September 28, 2022, 09:29:27 PM

BBTS is always one of the last to stock, nothing new there.

Sturisoma

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 29, 2022, 04:17:17 AMBBTS is always one of the last to stock, nothing new there.

BBTS can compete with my local official supplier of Nanmu, as they only got the baryonyx a few days ago. Almost a year of waiting for us!  :)) I can finally get my baryonyx couple in a few days hahaha, but I really hope no extended delays for Supplanter 2.0.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lana just shipped my basic Spinosaurus figure, not sure if they added the resin one into the same order or not.

Sovereign59

Really disappointed that I missed another chance to get a pre order in. I saw your post the day you shared that image, but by the time I went to BBTS's site it was already too late. I've been keeping an eye on the product page though, hoping maybe someone will cancel an order and I'll get a chance to place one, but I know it's unlikely.

I'm still worried the Soul of a Dragon Giga is going to be this difficult to get as well. I know the Jurassic Spinosaurus is a much more popular character with fans, but something tells me the limited Giga is going sell quickly as well.

Haldiron

Quote from: Sovereign59 on October 06, 2022, 03:01:46 AM

Really disappointed that I missed another chance to get a pre order in. I saw your post the day you shared that image, but by the time I went to BBTS's site it was already too late. I've been keeping an eye on the product page though, hoping maybe someone will cancel an order and I'll get a chance to place one, but I know it's unlikely.

I'm still worried the Soul of a Dragon Giga is going to be this difficult to get as well. I know the Jurassic Spinosaurus is a much more popular character with fans, but something tells me the limited Giga is going sell quickly as well.
What's the main difference between this one and "The Unvanquished" one? It has a diff pose I think, but both come with a nice base. The more expensive one has bones on the ground. I guess your paying extra for the bones? The Unvanquished one is still available so I pre-ordered that one.

Carnoking

H @Haldiron

The more expensive figure is part of Nanmu's limited edition "Dragon Soul" line. They're made of a more expensive resin material and usually take direct visual cues from the movies (I.E., the pose or scene). So essentially, you're paying for slightly "better" material, a more nostalgic pose, and collector bragging rights that you got one of the not even 500 produced.

Haldiron

Quote from: Carnoking on October 06, 2022, 08:06:02 PMH @Haldiron

The more expensive figure is part of Nanmu's limited edition "Dragon Soul" line. They're made of a more expensive resin material and usually take direct visual cues from the movies (I.E., the pose or scene). So essentially, you're paying for slightly "better" material, a more nostalgic pose, and collector bragging rights that you got one of the not even 500 produced.
Ok, thanks for clarifying that. Well, looks like I'll be missing out on it since it appears to be sold out everywhere. That's why I pre-ordered "the unvanquished" one. Guess it's the next best option.

Sturisoma

I was waiting for Sugo Toys to restock the W-Dragon mosa, but luckily I woke up to this good news. Now I wait if the pose and size is better than the 1.0.

Seeing that Nanmu has been on a 2.0 spree, is it naive for me to expect berserker rex 2.0?  :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

QuoteWe will launch "Lord of Abyss 2.0" version before next month. For more information, please follow us.

They're jumping right in it seems.

To be honest I'm not sure this is one that needs a redo? The first was great.  They do mention doing a regular edition and a Dragon Soul version with a base though..

I would say a "Berserker Rex" is almost guaranteed, as well as an Indoraptor.

blnadal

I was going to buy W-Dragon Mosasaurus this week and I'm happy that I didn't

Can't wait to see the 2.0, I hope they make her bigger and with an awesome dynamic pose!

dragon53

Earlier, I thought Nanmu might release a Mosasaurus repaint because most, if not all, the Youtube reviews complained the production model color was not faithful to the original photos.

blnadal

It seems to be a complete new mold, her tail is totally different

Carnoking

Also bulkier in general. At this point I may have to start selling off my older Nanmu figures to accommodate all the 2.0 releases

Bread

I'm still annoyed that they keep doing 2.0s when they're numerous JP species they have yet to tackle.

Jorgesaurus

Yes, nasutoceratops, corythosaurus, galliminus, dreadnogthus, mamenchisaurus, pteranodon, iguanodon, etc. Etc.

Carnoking

I would rather get an update on the Therizinosaurus sculpt. Heck, getting a look at the paint of the Giga or Dragon Soul V-rex would have been more welcome rather than just another tease. Still, I can't be too upset about this since the Mosasaurus is easily one of the more underwhelming of their earlier releases. Although there's no way I'll have three of such a big figure, I'm keen to see how both these 2.0 versions turn out. Hopefully one can be my definitive Mosa. Now if only we could get a better Indominus rex to put in its jaws...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: