News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2023

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2022, 02:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Anomalocaris

Brighstoneus

Ceratosuchops fishing

Hadrosaurus

Koolasuchus

Mosasaurus

Ruyangosaurus

Shastasaurus

Stegouros

Triceratops confronting.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

The first three reveals!

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.com/blog/_archives/2022/11/04/new-collecta-models-2023-part-1.html

The Ceratosuchops and the Hadrosaurus are the very first of their kind (definitely the former, pretty sure for the latter), so they're must-buys for me. They both look pretty nice too! I'm passing on the Triceratops, though.

Jose S.M.

CollectA has become harder for me to get since the newer releases are hard to find or absent in Amazon but I really want that Hadrosaurus.

Dusty Wren

Surprised that CollectA is coming out the gate with another Triceratops this year. I know it's a popular genus and all, but releasing two back-to-back is an odd choice.

Glad to see the Hadrosaurus, though!
Check out my customs thread!

EmperorDinobot

Oh! A Hadrosaurus!

I don't think it's the first Hadrosaurus though. DeAgostini had one.

suspsy

Quote from: Dusty Wren on November 04, 2022, 02:18:54 AMSurprised that CollectA is coming out the gate with another Triceratops this year. I know it's a popular genus and all, but releasing two back-to-back is an odd choice.

Glad to see the Hadrosaurus, though!

They did it before with T. rex, Deinocheirus, and Baryonyx. But I would have much preferred an all-new ceratopsian like Centrosaurus or Anchiceratops or Leptoceratops. I strongly suspect everyone here feels the same.

Gwangi

The Hadrosaurus is the standout for me here, a definite must have.

Lynx

I just woke up, and oh my WORD I was not expecting that.

100% will try to get the Ceratosuchops, in fact, I was kind of expecting it to release sometime from CollectA. I'll give my full opinions in the morning, I'm so excited!
An oversized house cat.

Lynx

Ok ok, so I'll give my opinions real quick just because I can't hold it in!

Ceratosuchops: Absolutely love this figure, and one of my favorite releases so far. Only negative aspect is that it doesn't really look like it is fishing, if I am honest. You could just call it "Ceratosuchops" and it'd be fine.

Hadrosaurus: No real interest or excitement from me but it is very cool!

Triceratops: Again, as with the Ceratosuchops, you could have just called it "Triceratops" and nothing would really change. Very nice colors, will work well as a female/younger male of the previous Triceratops.
An oversized house cat.

Lynx

Quote from: suspsy on November 04, 2022, 02:06:42 AMThe first three reveals!

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.com/blog/_archives/2022/11/04/new-collecta-models-2023-part-1.html

The Ceratosuchops and the Hadrosaurus are the very first of their kind (definitely the former, pretty sure for the latter), so they're must-buys for me. They both look pretty nice too! I'm passing on the Triceratops, though.

I too will likely pass on the Triceratops, as I quite prefer the previous models color scheme over another brown one, although I must admit it looks nice.
An oversized house cat.

Renecito

The Ceratosuchops and Hadrosaurus look really nice!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

KrazyKaprosuchus

I really like the Ceratosuchops and Hadrosaurus. Definitely want to grab those... I still need to grab the ones from this year that still haven't seemed to turn up though :P . Disappointed in Triceratops filling a spot on the roster, but oh well.

Primeval12

All three are slam dunks for me.

Faelrin

I wasted no time on getting these on the Dinotoycollector the second I saw these lol.

Anyways, despite the former two genera being pretty fragmentary, I do like how CollectA's handled them. I think the Ceratosuchops is a step up from the previous Baryonyx figures they did.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Mononykus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on November 04, 2022, 02:20:02 AMI don't think it's the first Hadrosaurus though. DeAgostini had one.
And also Marx

Patrx

I quite like the looks of all three of these! I don't even mind the repeat Triceratops, since 1) there are never too many Triceratops, and 2) this year's was too big for my display (probably because of my adherence to the first principle).
My only gripe at all is the articulated jaw on Ceratosuchops there. I never like those.

GojiraGuy1954

I saw the Trike first. Thought 2023 might end up a bad year for CollectA for a second.

Other two are really good, especially the Hadro.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

TooOldForDinosaurs

I like the Hadrosaurus, but I'm not sure that I'm gonna pick any of these up.

EmperorDinobot

Well, I mean, you ARE avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs  ;D

avatar_Mononykus @Mononykus yep. I mean it's the first American dinosaur to be described (yes?)

Carnoking

CollectA is getting harder and harder for me to pass up on, the Hadrosaurus and Ceratosuchops are quite nice!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: