News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Yes, in the wild even.

Have you ever hung from a tree by your legs?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Newt

Yes, back in the last millennium.

Have you ever gotten a vehicle stuck in mud, sand, or snow?

Ludodactylus

Been stuck in snow a couple times, most recently 2017 - in the parking lot of the hospital I worked at at the time.

Have you ever wildly overestimated your tolerance for spicy food?
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Stegotyranno420

Not spicy, but sour. I may boast about my resistance to spice, but I'm a light weight when it comes to WarHeads. I remember it was so sour I swallowed it and nearly choked.

Have you ever had a bird come into your classroom and stay for the reat of the day

The Spinosaurus

Yes. I remember in China we would always have the windows open, and more than a couple times some curious house sparrows would show up to listen in on our classes.

have you ever drifted a car?

P.S. are we allowed to ask deeper questions or questions that relate to more sensitive topics like suicide, violence, or moral philosophy?

Halichoeres

I haven't, although I've been a passenger when someone was doing so (in snow, no less).

Have you ever thrown a bug out a window?

Quote from: The Spinosaurus on November 08, 2022, 01:09:51 AMP.S. are we allowed to ask deeper questions or questions that relate to more sensitive topics like suicide, violence, or moral philosophy?

Some of those might come up against forum rules (https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6.0), e.g. there is one about self-harm. This thread is in the Games section, so I usually keep it light, but I don't think there's anything stipulating that you couldn't ask a more serious question. I am not sure how a "have you ever..." question related to moral philosophy would be formulated, but I am kind of curious to see it tbh.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Stegotyranno420

I have done far worse things to arthropods in general, but I'm not sure if I did that to a bug, unless if you mean the colloquial sense which is what you probably mean.

Have you ever tried to make your own version of a mass produced snack?

Halichoeres

Yes, I meant "bug" colloquially, although I have done that with a hemipteran.

Anyway I have roasted pumpkin seeds if that counts.

Have you ever been knocked over by a wave?

Thialfi

Quite often, to my delight! I have been inside quite some oceans and seas. My most recent knocked over by a wave-experience was in May of this year, in the Aegean sea.

Have you ever looked at an abstract painting and thought: I could do better than that?

Lynx

I haven't seen much abstract art as of late but no, after having an art class where we had to make abstract art, my entire view on how 'easy' it was changed.

Have you ever dropped something extremely fragile (class, ceramic, etc) onto a hard surface and it didn't break?
An oversized house cat.

The Spinosaurus

Yes! I remember i dropped a phone, a plate, and a bowl multiple times without them breaking, chipping, or cracking! I think I've even dropped the same bowl multiple times without breaking!

Have you ever had to deal with mental health issues?

P.S. discussion of self-harm seems to be not directly against the rules, only threats of self-harm and suicide, but hopefully no one actually takes it too far!

If you want a lighter-hearted question, have you ever tried tamarinds?

Stegotyranno420

No, but my parents like tamarind

Have you ever made an embarrassing mistake during a speech you had to give?

Theriz

So in 3rd grade I had to make a speech on why I should be the class pick for SGA. (Student Government) They told me no promising anything you can't actually do, but my mom told me otherwise. So I promised games on all iPads, but I then said I couldn't do that and that they could vote for me. That was the most disappointed look a teacher ever gave me. I won the election though. SGA sucked a lot...
Have you ever encountered a rare animal in your area?

Halichoeres

Not my current area, but in other areas I've lived. Masked bobwhite springs to mind.

Have you ever snuck food into a movie theater?

Stegotyranno420

Yes, and while I am not proud of it, it is justifiable.

Have you ever have someone butcher your name so bad you stopped trying to fix their pronounciation and just go on with it

Halichoeres

It seems crazy, since my name is really quite simple, but yes.

Have you ever eaten an entire pizza by yourself in one sitting?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 10, 2022, 12:08:21 AMIt seems crazy, since my name is really quite simple, but yes.

Have you ever eaten an entire pizza by yourself in one sitting?
How does anyone mess up Tim haha

If you count mini pizzas, then yes.

Have you ever played a wood wind

Halichoeres

In grade school I played a recorder but that's it.

Have you ever irretrievably burnt your dinner?

Bowhead Whale

Yes. And I ate veeerrrry crunchy spaghettis that evening.

Have you ever encountered an uncommon species or form of plant in your area?

Halichoeres

I've seen saguaros with meristem abnormalities that give them a "crest": https://www.nps.gov/sagu/learn/nature/why_crested.htm

Have you ever hit a home run?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: