News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Signatu Studio - New for 2022

Started by Flaffy, May 25, 2022, 11:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPP

Passion Charger (on Facebook) has Sinomegaceros pachyosteus (Megaloceros pachyosteus) available in 1:35 and 1:18 as resin kits.

Flaffy

Quote from: FPP on November 20, 2022, 01:27:20 AMPassion Charger (on Facebook) has Sinomegaceros pachyosteus (Megaloceros pachyosteus) available in 1:35 and 1:18 as resin kits.

Well aware. It's a fantastic sculpt, and I'd love to complete the "big 3" prehistoric deer; but like many other Passion Charger figures it commands a hefty price, especially if you choose the painted option. Would much rather spend that money on two or more of Miguel's figures tbh.

1:35
unpainted - $119.99
painted - $174.99

1:18
unpainted - $189.99
painted - $319.99

Halichoeres

That is expensive but honestly doesn't seem unjustly so given what you get. But definitely out of my purview.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Available for ordering!

Eucladoceros dicranios 1:20 sclae,  105€ (painted)

Faelrin

Right around where I was expecting it to be. Won't be able to get my hands on this until sometime next year I'm afraid, if supply is still available.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

bmathison1972

BTW the Titanochelon was submitted to the ATB on November 23rd :)

Flaffy

Quote from: Faelrin on November 24, 2022, 09:33:49 PMRight around where I was expecting it to be. Won't be able to get my hands on this until sometime next year I'm afraid, if supply is still available.

Unless the mould breaks, I don't imagine Miguel retiring this newly released sculpt any time soon.

I'm heavily considering getting the Eucladoceros alongside the Megaloceros for a nice Christmas display though!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on November 25, 2022, 02:12:14 PMI'm heavily considering getting the Eucladoceros alongside the Megaloceros for a nice Christmas display though!

Got a nice Gigantopithecus Santa to go with em?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 29, 2022, 11:02:31 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on November 25, 2022, 02:12:14 PMI'm heavily considering getting the Eucladoceros alongside the Megaloceros for a nice Christmas display though!

I wish! I don't beleive anyone's made a convincing Gigantopithecus figure yet that isn't a mini figure unfortunately

bmathison1972

Quote from: Flaffy on December 01, 2022, 12:18:12 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 29, 2022, 11:02:31 PM

I wish! I don't beleive anyone's made a convincing Gigantopithecus figure yet that isn't a mini figure unfortunately

The Disney Gigantopithecus made for the Jungle Book isn't bad, but for all intents and purposes, it looks just like an orangutan.

Faelrin

What about the Eikoh one? Although I suppose that might fall into mini figure territory, but it really depends on what scale you want it in.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

bmathison1972

Quote from: Faelrin on December 01, 2022, 04:56:52 PMWhat about the Eikoh one? Although I suppose that might fall into mini figure territory, but it really depends on what scale you want it in.

Actually, the Disney figure might be a moot point, as the Indian 'Gigantopithecus' (G. giganteus) is now in the genus Indopithecus. True Gigantopithecus is not known from India, where the Jungle Book took place!

Flaffy

Was messaging Miguel, and mentioned the possibility of a SignatuStudio Sinomegaceros...

...and GOOD NEWS! He says he's interested in modelling S. pachyosteus, and will most likely be his next project in 2023.

Guess I'm completing my trio of prehistoric deer afterall! ;D

Quote from: Dusty Wren on October 19, 2022, 01:42:02 PMI've always wanted a Sinomegaceros. S. pachyosteus would be ideal (those antlers are so distinctive that I can't believe no one has wanted to make one), but S. yabei would be wonderful, too. Cervacles scotti and Candiacervus are also on my wish list. 

Thialfi

Great news! Thanks for sharing!

Dusty Wren

That is fantastic news! I'd be so stoked to finally have one. Thanks for asking about that, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy. It's nice to know I already have a must-buy on my list for 2023.
Check out my customs thread!

Flaffy

Quote from: Dusty Wren on December 03, 2022, 01:20:41 AMThat is fantastic news! I'd be so stoked to finally have one. Thanks for asking about that, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy. It's nice to know I already have a must-buy on my list for 2023.

Indeed! This news alone has really made my day too! ;D

S. pachyosteus is easily my favorite cervid of all time. It's fan shaped antlers are just so bizzare, and unlike anything alive today. Fit's right at home in Dougal Dixon's After Man! (only rivalled in weirdness by extinct giraffids like Prolibytherium)

That being said, I wonder what colour scheme Miguel will give to this giant deer. While I think that the classic red deer colour scheme fits Eucladoceros well, I personally hope for something a little more exotic for the Sinomegaceros... Especially since megacerines were and still are quite flashy deer, both in their antler morphology and their coats.

Megacerines by @dhruvfranklin

Halichoeres

Candiacervus is sufficiently weird to be a good candidate for a future sculpt, too.

Bokisaurus

As a big fan of both extant and prehistoric ungulates, I really love this models and would love to one day add some to my collection.
I'm curious has anyone ordered some of the more elaborate models like this one and if so, how were they shipped?
I'm hesitant to order because of the fear of damage to those horns during shipping!
My less ornate Sivatherium suffered damage during shipping 🙀

Flaffy

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 03, 2022, 07:06:31 PMAs a big fan of both extant and prehistoric ungulates, I really love this models and would love to one day add some to my collection.
I'm curious has anyone ordered some of the more elaborate models like this one and if so, how were they shipped?
I'm hesitant to order because of the fear of damage to those horns during shipping!
My less ornate Sivatherium suffered damage during shipping 🙀

Funny you asked, I just ordered arguably the two most ornate models in the collection last night! (Megaloceros & Eucladoceros)

The Megaloceros is shipped with the right antler detached, presumably to make the box size more reasonable, and reducing risk of breakage. Pictured, my copy at Miguel's workshop.

They're then packed into what looks to be custom cardboard boxes that are specific to each figure. I would assume Miguel would put ample buffer material within the cardboard boxes.

And as always, feel free to reach out to Miguel regarding any concerns. He's incredibly friendly and pleasant to deal with, and I'm sure he'll be glad to address any concerns you may have.
Do note that the Sivatherium sculpted is by a different artist in the Likaon collective, not Miguel.

Flaffy

After almost 3 weeks (postal strikes ::) ) my order from Miguel has finally arrived... with some damages.

B @Bokisaurus 's concerns were justified afterall. As both deer's antlers suffered breakage. I'm not impressed by the minimalistic packaging, which likely contributed to the damage. Which is strange as the Hipparion's packaging was immaculate with all sides of the figure protected. Wouldn't buffering material like packing peanuts have helped transfer shock?

I guess the silver lining is that the breaks are relatively clean snaps? Which should make any restoration work easier (in theory). Still not  what I wanted to see from a £300 order though. :'(  One of the many reasons I hardly ever collect resin...

Does anyone know if Martin Garatt is still active? And if he's done repairs/restoration work before? Harriet Lansley's another fantastic artist that I'm considering contacting for a repairs comission; but her comissions aren't open as of now, and she pretty much exclusively does horses. Link: https://www.instagram.com/walnutlanestudio/

Picture spam below:
Spoiler

[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: