News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Concavenator’s Paleoart

Started by Concavenator, December 30, 2014, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarrenJB

Nice! One of my fave ceratopsians. I see you go for the 'no cheeks' look too.

Concavenator

Thank you! W @WarrenJB Yeah, I'm on the 'no cheeks' side, though to be fair, if I was on the 'cheeks' side I would have to look into how to depict them, not sure how to do that as of now.  ;D

Halichoeres

This might be your best yet!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thank you! I'm happy with how it turned out.

Stegotyranno420

Loving the scale work here

Concavenator

Deleted.

Stegotyranno420

I too love drawing them. They are just so much easier to draw than other dinosaurs.

Great sketch.

Concavenator

Allosaurus fragilis (Marsh, 1877)

Initially drawn from memory, then checked Hartman's 2012 skeletal and fixed it up a bit.

Styracosaurus albertensis (Lambe, 1913)

Based on GetAwayTrike's 2017 skeletal.

WarrenJB

Quote from: 5aurophaganax on November 05, 2022, 08:22:28 PMI don't know why, but I love drawing tyrannosaurs.  ;D

Disregarding all the hype about tyrannosaurs (especially the tyrannosaur) and the subsequent backlash, there's just something aesthetically pleasing about them, especially the skulls.

Nice work! I particularly like all the detail on the Styracosaurus.

Concavenator

W @WarrenJB thank you!

I think it also helps they're pretty easy to draw for the most part.

Halichoeres

Those horns have clearly seen some action!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Concavenator

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 13, 2022, 06:44:31 PMThose horns have clearly seen some action!

Indeed they have!  ;D

Dunkleosteus cf. terrelli (Newberry, 1873)

A Dunk I drew for avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 . Based on Scott Hartman's 2021 skeletal (which doesn't indicate a concrete species, I'm guessing it's D.terrelli as it's the type species, but I'm using the cf. just in case). Colors mainly based off the oceanic whitetip shark (Carcharhinus longimanus).

I'm fairly unfamiliar with fishes; it might not be super accurate, so I apologize beforehand.  :-[

Stegotyranno420

Thanks, love the patterns on it

Concavenator

Diplodocus carnegii (Hatcher, 1901)

Based on Matt Dempsey's muscle anatomy study. Officially the first sauropod I've ever drawn. I just realized it has the same colour scheme as that Lambeosaurus I did before.  ;D I guess I just like that colour scheme.

Concavenator

Deinocheirus mirificus (Osmólska & Roniewics, 1970)

Been wanting to draw a new Deinocheirus for a while (last time I drew one was in 2015; it's the one in the 1st pic). I based it on Scott Hartman's 2015 skeletal, and when it comes to the feathering, I mostly based it on the Saurian ornithomimid, with just two exceptions: I gave the upper part of the hump some ornamentary feathers, as regardless of the hump's function being display, fat storage, or both, I imagine having some kind of display structure there could play a role in courtship displays (I went with ostrich tail-like feathers as a reference to its classification as an ornithomimosaur  ;) ) and I also gave it a little tuft of feathers on its head, reminiscent of several species of herons.

Halichoeres

Well, you've come a long way!

Concavenator

Thank you!  :)

Concavenator

Yutyrannus huali (Xu et al., 2012)

Based on ZCDM V5000 from GetAwayTrike's skeletal, colors based on the BotM version.

I won't be drawing any more in a while after this.

Halichoeres

Really digging the color scheme on this one!

Concavenator

David Silva is the one to thank for that! The Steller's sea eagle fits Yutyrannus nicely.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.