News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

X-Plus/Star Ace New For 2022

Started by Over9K, February 04, 2022, 11:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooksonia

dragon53

cooksonia

Thialfi

No, an owl.

(I don't think there is any need to comment on peoples physical appearances - I hope we're better than that.)

Halichoeres

I've preordered the Spinosaurus/Onchopristis, but I'm really just in it for the fish, so if anybody wants to buy the Spino off me at a discount, let me know!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lynx

this would look great for a diorama with resin water, but just on a shelf? not so much. its a cool idea but uh
An oversized house cat.

blnadal

Paleo-Nerd
34 min  ยท
Star Ace/ X-Plus: Tyrannosaurus rex & Donald Gennaro WIP
#dinosauri #dinosaur #toy #model #figure #collectible #statue #jurassicpark #jurassicworld #jurassicworldfallenkingdom #jurassicworlddominion #campcretaceous #tyrannosaurusrex #donaldgennaro #preistoria  #prehistoric #paleontology #fossil #dinosaurlover #dinosauria #paleonerdit

dragon53

That T-Rex figure about to eat the lawyer Gennaro figure is really impressive---I would like to see the painted version.

I also would like to see Star Ace release a T-Rex figure eating a Lex Murphy figure because the twit girl turned on the flashlight---but didn't know how to turn it off. :D

Sturisoma

I like the Gennaro and toilet!  :))  been waiting for Nanmu to make it, but they would rather give a random barbarian lol, and Mattel I think was the first to make one? Now this hahaha.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on September 19, 2022, 06:00:22 AMThat T-Rex figure about to eat the lawyer Gennaro figure is really impressive---I would like to see the painted version.

I also would like to see Star Ace release a T-Rex figure eating a Lex Murphy figure because the twit girl turned on the flashlight---but didn't know how to turn it off. :D

Being a model kit someone will have to buy one and paint it for that to happen.  I haven't seen them make a painted version of anything that released as a kit first. Looking at Vampirella there..also Universal Monsters! but kit versions..yay..

Halichoeres

Got my shipment notification from BBTS!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

dragon53

Talos from JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS.

Halichoeres

My Dunkleosteus acanthodian diorama showed up yesterday! Saving it to open over the weekend.

RobinGoodfellow

Woolly Mammoth 2.0 by Sean Cooper

( to view Woolly Mammoth v1 click here & press "play" button )
https://flic.kr/p/2nbrCou

:)

Halichoeres

Although it's simpler, I think they did a better job on the mammoth base than on the Dunkleosteus base.

dragon53

dragon53

dragon53

Faelrin

Wow that's an absolutely stunning Spinosaurus from them. Far too much for me though, so fingers crossed that Mesozoic Life one comes through. avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres How's the Onchopristis included?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Not great, honestly. I'm a little disappointed. This is a beautiful composition overall, and like James Gurney's excellent artwork for the recent Spinosaurus press release, the dinosaur is lovingly detailed. But in both cases the fish is an afterthought. Gurney reconstructed it like a river dolphin with extra fins, and Cooper has frankly done a pretty poor job here as well. The rostrum is the wrong shape, the teeth are the wrong shape, the dorsal fins are in an improbable position, and I'm not sure if it's just wrinkles or if he gave it lateral gills.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: