News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ugly Ugly Dinosaurs

Started by Horridus, May 01, 2012, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Will do and I am not certain. I believe it was supposed to be a Carnotaur. I want the full set before I can review it though. They are very hard to find these days.

Edit:

It came in single packs, too. That means I'm taking it off the store, cleaning it, and adding it to my CM shelf. And I will also review it. It came in like 4 different Dino Valley sets, too, and I am never going to find them.

Faelrin

avatar_Dilopho @Dilopho Thanks for the answer. I had a feeling Chap Mei was behind this, but yikes.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DinoFan2010

I found this animal planet set on target, and they are clearly chap mei knockoffs.

The baby T.rex is a chap mei bootleg, but I feel like Chap Mei copied the JP3 T.rex Hatchling.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Dilopho

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on August 11, 2022, 03:15:03 PMI found this animal planet set on target, and they are clearly chap mei knockoffs.

The baby T.rex is a chap mei bootleg, but I feel like Chap Mei copied the JP3 T.rex Hatchling.
Actually, I don't know if those animal planet sets are official chap Mei or not, they produced a number of chap Mei sets under the animal planet tag in the past. It was the best way to get the liopleurodon and giant anglerfish. That being said, yeah, it's definitely a very close copy of the JP3 rex while also being a unique sculpt. It's actually funny to me because chap mei's has the exact same pose and proportions yet they could get their rex to stand perfectly and hasbro needed to sculpt flip flops on theirs.

Look at that bigger rex on the left though... it's so lazy compared to their previous stuff. It even has hollow sides on the legs. Chap Mei figures were always goofy but never that cheaply produced before.

JohannesB

"They should all be destroyed!"  8)  (Sorry if that quote was used a hundred times on this thread already..)

DinoFan2010

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

CityRaptor

Just hibernating till the next ugly is posted. Which Schleich provides.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

This thread always stands ready to amuse us whenever ugly dinosaurs rear their busted heads.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dyscrasia

That one is both ugly and ridiculously expensive. However, the materials it is made out of is pretty interesting.

Halichoeres

Yeah, the price is higher than my last car. But making figures out of silicone is definitely an interesting manufacturing experiment.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Bowhead Whale

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on November 24, 2022, 03:50:44 AMIs this thread deceased? :'(

Well, I am still trying to find ugly dinos no one else shown already, but these are rather hard to find! And I've already shown you the ugliest ones I own...

Primeval12

DinoFan2010

Found these things on the PartyCity website for 7 dollars a piece!  :-\

Tyrannosaurus with no teeth

You okay, buddy?

Danny DeVito

Okay....

The fact that this looks like the Raptors from the Good Dinosaur sickens me.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Halichoeres

Aah, Imperial, their toys have changed so much but just as hideous as ever.

Duna

"LIFE LIKE" ...  ;D  ;D  ;D

Thialfi

Found this monstrosity in a local store. I have to admit that I do like the fact that it appears to be quadrupedal, or at least partly, which accidentally gives it a bit of a Triassic vibe (think Smok, Prestosuchus, perhaps even Herrerasaus).

Remko

Quote from: Primeval12 on November 25, 2022, 08:54:46 PMYikes

Yeez... Give that Gallimimus a break.
He just tripped over a log on some Hawaïan Island while being chased by a T. rex, and watched by a weird dude in a blue shirt and two kids...  ;D  ;D  ;)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Duna on December 06, 2022, 09:05:34 AM"LIFE LIKE" ...  ;D  ;D  ;D

It is like life in that it is cruel and pointless, and everyone and everything you love will disappoint you.

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi that thing is so confusing! Are those tiny feathers along its forearm?

Thialfi

Right, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres?! I noticed that as well and it's almost as if they started sculpting feathers but had a change of mind and just left them as they were, barely visible, best to be ignored, but of course all too visible for the inquisitive eyes of DTF members..

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi it appears to be a bootleg of this interesting unbranded Indominus rex figurine labeled as Carcharodontosaurus. I dont have a picture as of now

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: