News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Nanmu announced on their Socials that a Alpha 2.0 is comeing

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'll decide if its worth getting when I see it but as of now I just don't need another Rex. I would have preferred a new Indominus, WDragon is close but not perfect.

Carnoking

Please... please just work on the Therizinosaurus.

SenSx

I'm fully satisfied with the previous rexes, as I was with every other PVC figure they made with articulated jaws.
Looks like I won't be buying new Nanmu figures for a long time.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah with passing on the Mosasaurs now this, all I'm looking forward to is the Giganotosaurus, the Quetz and Theri they teased. Which all of those could get made this year.

dragon53

I just want a Dreadnoughtus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on January 01, 2023, 04:50:18 AMI just want a Dreadnoughtus.

With the luck they have had with sauropods I'd say it's a 50/50 chance.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 01, 2023, 02:47:03 AMYeah with passing on the Mosasaurs now this, all I'm looking forward to is the Giganotosaurus, the Quetz and Theri they teased. Which all of those could get made this year.

Did they tease a Quetzalcoatlus?

SenSx

Quote from: Carnoking on January 01, 2023, 06:56:39 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 01, 2023, 02:47:03 AMYeah with passing on the Mosasaurs now this, all I'm looking forward to is the Giganotosaurus, the Quetz and Theri they teased. Which all of those could get made this year.

Haha same reaction.
I could be interested in the  Quetz if they don't make it too big.
I alwready own the GR-Toys one

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on January 01, 2023, 10:34:53 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 01, 2023, 06:56:39 AM

Haha same reaction.
I could be interested in the  Quetz if they don't make it too big.
I already own the GR-Toys one

I'm looking for it. I can't recall if it was a picture or just them saying a pterosaur was planned and someone mentioned Quetzalcoatlus and they Liked it. So much new product is announced it's hard to keep up with.

Over9K

So we can look forward to new Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurs from both Nanmu and REBOR for the anniversary, cool.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on January 02, 2023, 06:14:43 AMSo we can look forward to new Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurs from both Nanmu and REBOR for the anniversary, cool.

I'd say it's HIGHLY optimistic they actually get produced in time for the anniversary.. lol Unless these were actually planned last year.

Carnoking

Just got an email from BBTS that the Dragon Soul Spino's ETA has been updated from the fourth quarter of 2023 to January. This is more or less what I expected would happen with the figure but they sure were quick on the draw!

dragon53

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on January 04, 2023, 09:44:14 PMJust got an email from BBTS that the Dragon Soul Spino's ETA has been updated from the fourth quarter of 2023 to January. This is more or less what I expected would happen with the figure but they sure were quick on the draw!

January? Y'all know what that means... deliveries in May!  ;D

Carnoking

Quote from: Over9K on January 08, 2023, 03:56:47 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 04, 2023, 09:44:14 PMJust got an email from BBTS that the Dragon Soul Spino's ETA has been updated from the fourth quarter of 2023 to January. This is more or less what I expected would happen with the figure but they sure were quick on the draw!

January? Y'all know what that means... deliveries in May!  ;D

Haha thankfully not, I just got the email alert that processing will begin soon. Still probably means a February delivery at the earliest but again, that's pretty near the mark for how long I was expecting to wait.

Carnoking

Just came in from Big Bad Toy Store last night, and certainly worth the wait.

Spoiler

I begrudgingly admit that this is the strongest Nanmu version of the Spinosaurus of the three released so far from a technical standpoint. I had hopes that I would get it and decide once and for all that there really were no substantial upshots to the more expensive and nigh impossible to get Dragon Soul renditions of the regular dinosaur releases but... yeah, the sculpt and paint really are top notch.

Really makes the W-Dragon offering look basic in comparison.

Plus it's nice to finally have a Spinosaurus that feels like it could stack up to their Buck rex.

All that said, I do still think these releases could benefit from being less frequent, just something special Nanmu does once or twice a year rather than doing one with each release.

[close]

Carnoking

Quick note, the figure did sport some paint chips right out of the box. Whereas it's not nearly as annoying as having the entire head broken off upon arrival, it did cause me a twinge of discomfort to see.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a nice piece, the problem as I saw it was it's not much of a improvement over the original and the standard of this release was slightly better in proportions. I sold mine a week after getting it. I've just too many JP3 Spinos now lol

SenSx

Yes I understand Carnoking, I am too very nitpick on my figures, and hate paint rubs.
Could have been worse, defects on eyes are the worst, very hard to fix.

You can easily fix the issues you have here with some paint, dark red and grey.
Try to apply a wash, a paint with enough water in it.

By the way I am looking for the first Nanmu Spinosaurus Supplanter to buy.
I bought it late, but I'm not happy with the paint application on my model, so if anyone wants to sell their, to buy the new one for example, I am interested, thanks.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: