News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 20, 2022, 01:31:18 PMI think that the juxtaposition of young and adult conveys your intentions very well without being too overtly didactic.

I hope so. 

One of my young Rexes wasn't out a month before a kid tried sitting on it and broke it's ankle and hip.  I just did repairs last night so hopefully it lasts now.  I also added a fence around them and and the baby trikes, saw pics posted of kids sitting on them..ugh.

ceratopsian

Ouch - but of course.  Similar problems with the Crystal Palace dinos too.  I don't blame young children - but I do blame their parents!

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 05, 2022, 05:13:09 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on July 20, 2022, 01:31:18 PMI think that the juxtaposition of young and adult conveys your intentions very well without being too overtly didactic.

I hope so. 

One of my young Rexes wasn't out a month before a kid tried sitting on it and broke it's ankle and hip.  I just did repairs last night so hopefully it lasts now.  I also added a fence around them and and the baby trikes, saw pics posted of kids sitting on them..ugh.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Working on my Dolichorynchops.. I'm finding conflicting images. Does anyone know if the teeth interlock outside the mouth or are they inside like an icthyosaur?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Meet..no..not Dolly... FLOUNDER the Dolichorynchops! lol After completing his coloration I thought it looked like the Disney character from the Little Mermaid..so Flounder it is. lol

Crackington

Amazing work Blade, it looks like a real animal. Would love a small figure of it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Crackington on September 30, 2022, 10:41:39 AMAmazing work Blade, it looks like a real animal. Would love a small figure of it.

Thank you! Hopefully someone makes another nicer one than what's currently available. I could have used a slightly larger reference.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Currently running our annual holiday fundraiser for the park here :

https://www.facebook.com/donate/3157422957882436/

Had some issues recently with all this winter weather for the holidays, big tree came down and took out a fence and crushed our Carnotaurus's tail. We got it cut it off of it yesterday just gotta wait til it warms up to see if I can fix it. Currently propped up with some sticks.

Blade-of-the-Moon

sneak peek at some projects I'm working on for the Park.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Tanystropheus head sculpt, just need some eye balls.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Looks already awesome! Nice work  :)  what kind of black clay or material are you using here?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on January 05, 2023, 06:20:11 AMLooks already awesome! Nice work  :)  what kind of black clay or material are you using here?

Aves Apoxie Sculpt brand, I've heard there are some better ones since picking it up but I've not have time to try them.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Cool thanks! Never worked with self hardening clay but it's definitely on the To-Do list.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on January 05, 2023, 06:40:41 AMCool thanks! Never worked with self hardening clay but it's definitely on the To-Do list.

Start small, use a little at a time. I had a friend help me on the Pachyrhinosaurus..I went off to meet someone she mixed an entire 4lb tub. When I got back it was rock hard. If you need any help feel free to PM me.

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I appreciate the tip and your offer a lot! I thought about starting with a figure customization.  Don't know what and when though haha. Had planned on customizing the PAPO Theri but since PNSOs release that matter has resolved itself  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on January 06, 2023, 07:37:42 AMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I appreciate the tip and your offer a lot! I thought about starting with a figure customization.  Don't know what and when though haha. Had planned on customizing the PAPO Theri but since PNSOs release that matter has resolved itself  ;D

Yeah that happens. Just when your ready to make something yourself someone else does it lol

If your new to it, I would get a few 1.00 dino figures from walmart and experiment on, add feathers to their trex, new teeth on them, ect..

Blade-of-the-Moon

Gallimimus head sculpt ready for eyes

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ouranosaurus Juv foam core :

Blade-of-the-Moon

ouranosaurus head sculpt, just waiting on eyes. each scale individually hand stamped..no i have no idea how many lol

SidB

Wow, you must possess buckets of patience as well as persistence. I'm impressed!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: