News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenestra

Quote from: Paleo Flo on January 07, 2023, 04:28:46 PMA very nice Velo-Display. Is this a Kaiyodo or Favourite skull replica?

I bought that skull from an Etsy seller.

Fenestra

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 08, 2023, 03:00:51 AM
Quote from: Fenestra on January 07, 2023, 04:17:02 PMExtinction showed up today.

Scratching raptors just seem appropriate eh?

Well, look at that!  ;D  I had this one in mind when I posed mine:

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Fenestra on January 08, 2023, 05:06:01 PM
Quote from: Paleo Flo on January 07, 2023, 04:28:46 PMA very nice Velo-Display. Is this a Kaiyodo or Favourite skull replica?

I bought that skull from an Etsy seller.

Ah. Thanks you! I missed it a few years ago. May I will have it soon ^-^
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Carnoking

Some newcomers, recent and older from REBOR!

Spoiler

Glad I ended up springing for this Extinction Statue. It's quite the unique piece and just as I thought, makes for a great bookend.

I'm also a big fan of H.R. Giger's work, so I will admit I am a bit surprised I waited this long to get my hands on something like their X-rex figure.

And I did end up caving and picking up the VHS variant of their Californication Retro rex. I'm starting to doubt the Arcade variant will ever see the light of day. Pity, but this one is quite nice all the same.

I'd even go so far as to say the paint work is superior on this figure when compared to the likes of Mesozoic Rhapsody.

And now my parade of T. rex through the ages feels a bit more complete.

[close]

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Man, what a great look through time with the world's most famous dinosaur, and the various reconstructions it has received over the years. It's amazing to see all from the same company too, so you get consistent detail, scale, etc.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

I preferred the bronze version of Extinction myself, makes a  sort of Victorian era novelty.

I too think we aren't going to see the Arcade version either,  I bought the Blizzard Ape and a background print for it but if we aren't getting it I'm just planning to sell him. Shame too.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 29, 2023, 01:59:40 AMI preferred the bronze version of Extinction myself, makes a  sort of Victorian era novelty.

I too think we aren't going to see the Arcade version either,  I bought the Blizzard Ape and a background print for it but if we aren't getting it I'm just planning to sell him. Shame too.

They are still coming that's a promise. It's just really, really difficult to work with a factory that keep acting like an Aris. We hate them.

Sturisoma

How does Extinction size up with the 1/18 raptors? Or even with 1/10 raptors from other lines like Prime 1 and Iron Studios?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on February 02, 2023, 01:32:34 PMHow does Extinction size up with the 1/18 raptors? Or even with 1/10 raptors from other lines like Prime 1 and Iron Studios?

It's about the size of the Mattel Amber Collection raptors.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Kei

Beautiful shots of Extinction, Blade!

Since I don't see any thread dedicated to King Trident - I hope these photos will do him justice, enjoy  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Kei on February 04, 2023, 07:26:10 AMBeautiful shots of Extinction, Blade!

Since I don't see any thread dedicated to King Trident - I hope these photos will do him justice, enjoy  ;)

Well done. It's hard to beat natural lighting and sets!

Faelrin

My broken horn King Trident arrived today. Got some comparison pictures with Kiss and the boxes too. I posted these pics in the recent acquisition thread, but figured they were appropriate to share here too:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Ludodactylus

Hey all, I'm thinking about buying a copy of Notorious B.I.G., the Saurophaganax. It's a bit bigger than I'd normally add to my collection but I'm being encouraged to splurge out on a piece. Those of you who have this figure, how happy are you with it? Any warping of the legs over time or loose articulation in the jaw?
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ludodactylus on March 03, 2023, 11:49:54 PMHey all, I'm thinking about buying a copy of Notorious B.I.G., the Saurophaganax. It's a bit bigger than I'd normally add to my collection but I'm being encouraged to splurge out on a piece. Those of you who have this figure, how happy are you with it? Any warping of the legs over time or loose articulation in the jaw?

mine is standing fine, the jaw is open slightly but i cant recall if i left that way or not?

Over9K

Quote from: Ludodactylus on March 03, 2023, 11:49:54 PMHey all, I'm thinking about buying a copy of Notorious B.I.G., the Saurophaganax. It's a bit bigger than I'd normally add to my collection but I'm being encouraged to splurge out on a piece. Those of you who have this figure, how happy are you with it? Any warping of the legs over time or loose articulation in the jaw?

I love it. The sculpt is really nice, and this figure has the best throat/chest/belly details I've seen in a figure like this. The legs on mine are rock solid stable, the tail seam is near invisible, the jaw opens all the way and also stays closed all the way, but in-between the two the lower jaw is floppy.

If I had any real complaint, it is that the variant that I got, the Badlands colorway, is really glossy, probably to make the metallic blue drybrushing on areas of the figure really pop. 

Sturisoma

REBOR teased a zombie t rex, and also what appear to be indominus rex and spinosaurus arm accessories.

I wish they would still do the lich king rex  :(

GojiraGuy1954

Me who is still waiting for the other two X-Rexes
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't get worked up over concepts anymore. Yeah they are cool ideas, if they made them I'd probably buy them, but I'm not holding my breath waiting lol

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: