You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What childhood dinosaur games did you play and what dinosaur games do you still play?

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, February 09, 2023, 10:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistory Resurrection

Hello everyone. Just creating a post about what childhood dinosaur games did you play to revive old and fun memories and nostalgia.
As for me, I am not from the 90s but still got to play some online dinosaur games and Jurassic Park games on my old computer; I played Jurassic Park Arcade Game, Gameboy Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues, Jurassic Park Sega Genesis, Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition, SNES Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues, The Lost World: Jurassic Park Sega Genesis game,  a bit of GBA Jurassic Park 3: The DNA Factor and Jurassic Park 3: Island Attack. On mobile, I played Jurassic Park Builder, Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter, Carnivores: Ice Age. These were my childhood favourites (still have the latter two on mobile). Until recently,I also got to play the Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Mods; Jurassic Park Hunter Legends being my favourite (do you watch Saurian Target?) On mobile, I play Jurassic World: Alive. Moreover, as a way to replace the missed Jurassic Park Builder, I play Jurassic World: The Game and Dinosaur Park: Primeval Zoo. I also have Dino Hunter: Deadly Shores. And lastly on mobile, I have a fun game called Jurassic Survivor, where you can play as a goat and collect coins and amber to unlock dinosaurs while avoiding obstacles on the way. You can also use coins to buy new skins.
Unfortunately, I never got to play Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis and the same is for Jurassic World Evolution 2.
What about you? What were the dinosaur games you played as a child and what were your favourites? And what do you still play?

Samrukia

Prehistory Resurrection

Quote from: erlectric on February 09, 2023, 10:59:54 AMmy favourites are:
Jurassic Park (NES)
Jurassic Park (SEGA)
Jurassic Park Sega Genesis is such a classic. It had unbelievable graphics for its time. The option that you can play as either Grant or the raptor is awesome.

Gwangi

I had a SEGA and Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park: Ramage Edition were my only dinosaur games. But I played the hell out of those games! I would love it if they were re-released on modern consoles but I'm not holding my breath, although this would be the year to do it. I still have my SEGA and the games but the last time I tried to hook it up it wouldn't work, which is a shame because I would love for my daughter to play the same games I grew up with.

I also had a friend that had an NES so I played his Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park: The Chaos Continues a lot. Love the former, not so much the latter. Then there was also the Game Boy Jurassic Park. All of those Ocean JP games were impossible.

Funk

The ones I played the most as a kid were probably The Lost World (and Warpath) for PS1 and Primal Rage for SNES/Game Boy. Unfortunately didn't have a SEGA so I could play the old JP games.

Recently I played the Jurassic World PC and mobile games. The former was pretty good, the latter a waste of time. There was also one for Facebook, but I'm not sure if it still works.

TheCambrianCrusader

Man I used to spend SO much time messing around on JPOG. The 2005 King Kong game was also what actually got me into first person shooters back in the day. As a guy who grew up playing things like Crash and Spyro suddenly being thrown into first person was way too much for my little kid brain to handle lol. I remember running into The Lost World arcade game a bunch when I was little, wish I remembered where tho. There was also Fossil Fighters which was fun.

Nowadays the only dino game I really play is JWE2, I think I have like 100+ hours in that game

Gwangi

Oh man, I loved that King Kong game. Played it over and over. I wasn't a kid at the time though, I would have been in my 20's.  ^-^

Paleo Flo

My alltime fav has been "Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis". It is charming and has a lot of atmosphere. Playing it since it's release in 2003  ;D

"Peter Jackson's King Kong" is still a enjoyable game and fun to play. I'm not a fan of ego-shooters, but that game was something special. You could feel the adventure, the music and sound effects are awesome. I loved it.

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mostly  I ran around the playground at school pretending to be a dinosaur and chasing other kids..some of us even formed packs lol

I also played that boardgame, Dino-Mite and Dizzy Dinosaur.

Quite a bit later I recall playing Jurassic Park The Chaos Continues and later than that JP:Warpath.  We played a little OG, but not as much as say Halo at the time.

Gwangi

Ah yes, Dizzy Dizzy Dinosaur. I had that game avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon . Technically one of the first dinosaur toys I ever had too.

Prehistory Resurrection

[deleted]

Prehistory Resurrection

A little something I found from Collect Jurassic.

Takama

In terms of Dinosaur games I played as a Kid/Teenager

Dino Stalker on PS2 (A lightgun spinoff of the Dino Crisis serires)

Turok Evolution on PS2

Peter Jacksons:King Kong on PS2

SlurmpSaurus

I have to say Jurassic Park Warpath, I played that game so much. Hopefully we'll get a remake in the future!

BlueKrono

Carnivores and Carnivores: Ice Age on PC. Now they are apps on my phone.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Faelrin

Here's a list of games I've played as a kid with dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals in them:

-SNES Jurassic Park (one of the only games below I still have, and yes the original cartridge):
-Gameboy Color Disney's Dinosaur
-Gameboy Advance Jurassic Park III Park Builder (might still have?)
-Gameboy Advance Jurassic Park III: Island Attack (still have)
-Gamecube Star Fox Assault
-NES Adventures of Dino Riki
-Playstation Tomb Raider (I think?)
-Sega 32X Primal Rage
-Sega CD Jurassic Park
-Sega CD Chuck Rock II: Son of Chuck
-SNES Chrono Trigger
-SNES Earthbound
-some various Pokemon games (I mean I guess they count, albeit fictional designs)
-some various Final Fantasy games like VIII
-various Super Mario games

Games I didn't own but played:
-Sega Jurassic Park Arcade
-PC Carnivores 2 I think? (as a teen on my friend's laptop)
-PC Zoo Tycoon 2 with the expansions
-PC WWD Ballad of Big Al website game

Games I have and/or play these days, or past few years (all on PC):
-Ark Survival Evolved
-Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
-Jurassic World Evolution
-Jurassic World Evolution 2
-Saurian
-Spore (maybe? I mean you can make dinosaurs in it)
-Edit: Oh right lol I also Turok on Steam, but I haven't played it in a hot minute so I forgot about it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Takama

Now that you mentioned Starfox Assult,

I am reminded of a game i completly forgot about.

Starfox Adventures for Game Cube.

Never was a Starfox fan when my parrents got me this, and was very disapointed in the final boss fight when i FINALLY MADE IT, many years later. However, I was impressed by the Dinosaur designs in the game.

fun fact, did anyone know that this game was originally an original IP called "Dinosaur Planet" on the N64 before it was cancelled, only to be resurected as a Starfox adventure game on Gamecube

Prehistory Resurrection

Thank you very much all for sharing! These are fantastic games indeed! What do you think of the upcoming Classic Game Collection by Limited Run?

Gwangi

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on September 19, 2023, 05:43:34 AMThank you very much all for sharing! These are fantastic games indeed! What do you think of the upcoming Classic Game Collection by Limited Run?

Now that the two Genesis games are included I definitely want the Classic Game Collection.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: