You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kei's Round Animal Studio Dinosaur Collection

Started by Kei, February 24, 2023, 07:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kei

Got these little rascals not too long ago, and I've been completely hooked on them since  :))

The manufacturer of these guys is known as "Round Animal Studio"- I know very little about them so far they've made 6 dinosaurs in total and I'm planning to collect them all in due time.

First is a walk-around of their more recent release triceratops  ;)

ceratopsian

Very charming indeed!  I found them on AliExpress and have already ordered one of the Triceratops - thank you!

Kei

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 24, 2023, 08:26:43 AMVery charming indeed!  I found them on AliExpress and have already ordered one of the Triceratops - thank you!

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian No worries - You'll definitely love these guys

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Kei

Quote from: Paleo Flo on February 24, 2023, 09:40:14 AMIs it avaiable from other sellers/websites?

I did some digging and aside from Aliexpress, Lana Time Shop seems to have them in stock.

Cretaceous Crab

These are delightfully irresistible! So I take it they come with a little base, but not attached? Just judging by pics on Lana toys

Kei

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on February 24, 2023, 05:57:04 PMThese are delightfully irresistible! So I take it they come with a little base, but not attached? Just judging by pics on Lana toys

Yes, they all come with small bases - the T-rex especially needs it since it'll fall over without it.

Kei

Coming in 2nd in our lineup is the ever-popular Tyrannosaurus Rex! Round Animal Studio knock this one out of the park with the sculpt and coloration.

As I've stated above - since good ole Rexy here has a massive head - you'll have to use the base that is included to keep him balanced on his feet

From what I've heard it has been completely sold out everywhere on the internet ( even within China ) so it's a definite keeper for me  ;)

Cameo with his triceratops pal

Halichoeres

The sculpting and paintwork are all out of proportion to...the proportions. Funny little guys. The nameplate for the trike is interesting, this is the second company (after Recur) I've seen using the very old synonym "Sterrholophus."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ludodactylus

These are adorable - not my style, but my wife cooed over the photos so I might be surprising her with a couple of them.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Paleo Flo

The Trike is defintive superior against the Rex.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Kei

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres: Indeed, it's kinda nuts to see that many details being crammed into such a tiny figure, but hey it works(somehow). I actually had to look up Sterrholophus since I did not know it was an old synonym for the Triceratops.

avatar_Ludodactylus @Ludodactylus:  Oh she'll definitely adore these guys - even I couldn't resist their charms ;D

avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo: I love them both equally  :))

Kei

Alright, this is my 3rd dinos acquisition from this brand. I guess the saying stays true "once you pop, you can't stop" ::)  Meet Bumpy the Ankylosaurus!

This cute little rascal is so adorable - some passerby actually would ask me to take photos of it while I was doing my photoshoot  :))

shahinos

They're really cute and I almost felt tempted even though I only want scientifically accurate models.

But the pricing, 45 USD each? Or am I misunderstanding things?

Kei

Quote from: shahinos on February 28, 2023, 02:45:22 PMThey're really cute and I almost felt tempted even though I only want scientifically accurate models.

But the pricing, 45 USD each? Or am I misunderstanding things?

Oh absolutely! Don't get me wrong these things are by no means "affordable".I'm currently vacationing in South East Asia right now and was able to pick them up for 31 USD/each via a local retailer. I doubt that I'd be able to get a deal this good when I'm back in Australia.

ceratopsian

I was a little surprised at the price on AliExpress.  It worked out at £48 with VAT added.  But I really liked the Triceratops, so went for it.  However the price will probably deter me from buying others in the range. 

Kei

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian: Totally understandable! I think I might cut down on these in the future or potentially sell them here on the forum  ;)

Next is the last of the 2nd wave Round Animal Studio dinosaur set - A fluffy Velociraptor!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.